News Forum - Thailand anticipates American tourism influx due to Songkran

Thaiger

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is anticipating a robust tourism influx from North and South America this year, with a projection of at least 1.5 million tourists – a figure that mirrors the 2019 statistics. This surge is attributed to the confluence of the Songkran celebrations and the Easter holiday in April. Deputy Governor … …

The story Thailand anticipates American tourism influx due to Songkran as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Why?  I would avoid the place like avoiding a terrible plague. 

Hunker down at home for Songkran is my advice

• Like 5

The price of Airfares should deter the normal Chav's and Welfare recipients that frequent the place during The Songkran festivities. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I'm looking forward to being in Chiang Mai for Songkran this year, fully understanding that it's insanely hot, there is a kid waiting around every corner and every bush and right out in the open with a water gun full of ice cold sack wrinkling pond water, and getting to any intended destination is near impossible.

It's something completely different from anything I can experience at home, and I'm excited about it :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Check pollution levels before going anywhere near Chiang Mai. The PM2.5 levels are the ones to watch. Pollution hospitalised 2 million people last year.

• Like 2

I think, as is usual, the TAT is whistling up imaginary numbers.

Considering the prevailing sentiment regarding personal economics that seems to be a constant topic of conversation in US news, I doubt that as many people as they think are going to make the trip, even for an "extended" Songkran, which never made sense to me in the first place.

• Like 3

There has been a general sustainability ir lack of interest displayed towards Westen tourists by TAT since Covid .... They should be reviewing the types and lengths of visas they offer.

It was after all the Americans and Europe that started the tourist u smdustry in the Kingdom.

• Like 2

sorry need to repost due to predictive text ..

There has been a general distain and lack of interest displayed towards Western tourists by TAT since Covid .... They should be reviewing the types and lengths of visas they offer.

It was after all the Americans and Europe that started the tourist industry in the Kingdom.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowslip said:

sorry need to repost due to predictive text ..

There has been a general distain and lack of interest displayed towards Western tourists by TAT since Covid .... They should be reviewing the types and lengths of visas they offer.

It was after all the Americans and Europe that started the tourist industry in the Kingdom.

I think the Thai authorities are trying to discourage the sex industry, so that lets out the yanks and Euro's.

Nah, they are arresting foreigners for offering sex for money.  How often do you hear, these days, of a Thai being arrested in Phuket for prostitution?

Prostitution is historically endemic in Thailand and that's never going to change.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Poolie said:

I think the Thai authorities are trying to discourage the sex industry, so that lets out the yanks and Euro's.

Well that certainly hasn't worked - if you look at Pattaya recently, you'll see the Russians and other nationalities have given the industry a massive boost.

10 hours ago, MrStretch said:

I think, as is usual, the TAT is whistling up imaginary numbers.

Considering the prevailing sentiment regarding personal economics that seems to be a constant topic of conversation in US news, I doubt that as many people as they think are going to make the trip, even for an "extended" Songkran, which never made sense to me in the first place.

Current economic situation in Western countries Coulsdon result in an I crease of business for Thailand as fir many it is a CHEAPER  option than many other destinations. 

43 minutes ago, cowslip said:

Current economic situation in Western countries Coulsdon result in an I crease of business for Thailand as fir many it is a CHEAPER  option than many other destinations. 

Dude, you either need to fix your predictive text or turn it off.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

Dude, you either need to fix your predictive text or turn it off.

depends on what I'm typing on - my phone without glasses is worst. but the chance to edit has gone when someone replies/quotes.

3 hours ago, cowslip said:

Well that certainly hasn't worked - if you look at Pattaya recently, you'll see the Russians and other nationalities have given the industry a massive boost.

The 'other' nationalities being?

29 minutes ago, Poolie said:

The 'other' nationalities being?

Don't ask silly questions - just go to Pattaya and ask them yourself

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, cowslip said:

Don't ask silly questions - just go to Pattaya and ask them yourself

Then don't post cryptic messages and I won't feel the need.

30 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Then don't post cryptic messages and I won't feel the need.

if you find my post obscure or cryptic, I think it says more about you than the message itself.

I bet you use words like "agenda"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cowslip said:

if you find my post obscure or cryptic, I think it says more about you than the message itself.

I bet you use words like "agenda"

Indeed I struggle to pin down the 190 odd nationalities from a word like 'others' which  was the particular adage you used.

Bet away to your hearts content.

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

Indeed I struggle to pin down the 190 odd nationalities from a word like 'others' which  was the particular adage you used.

Bet away to your hearts content.

Arabs and Indians

That's what he means and they are everywhere......

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 4:18 AM, Poolie said:

99% of Euros and American tourists wouldn't even go near any of the sex industry 

25 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

99% of Euros and American tourists wouldn't even go near any of the sex industry 

Losers 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

That 1% is quite a lot of people isn't it?

35 minutes ago, Poolie said:

That 1% is quite a lot of people isn't it?

Not really compared to the 99%

20+ million tourists go to Thailand 

Just the tiniest % go for the sex industry 

• Like 3

356m in America, 746m in Europe, adds up to quite an amount, any way you paint 1% which was the point, not the 99% alleged 'innocents.'

ie 1% of 20m is 20,000.  A hefty group of perverts.