So has ASEAN NOW bitten the dust?

cowslip

7 minutes ago, Vigo said:

The nature of the comments and the format all suggested a creation. I am agreeing with the common sentiment and do not possess any inside information. Either that or else it was Sybil of 16 personalities fame, manifesting herself. Perhaps Jingthing the (self described) former male prostitute reliving his glory days in California.     I recall that Yinn was a character from what? 5 years ago, so my memory is somewhat hazy . I honestly have not dedicated my life to the characters of TVF and only recently visited the website when I heard of its problems. Last time before that was maybe 2 years ago. I have neither  name, nor password so I can't really do much there. I used to visit to see who died. That's one thing about TVF: Someone was always dying or in a financial jam or needing help on SinSod. Whenever, forums were dragging a sin sod thread would appear. The ChiangMai people were usually the classiest with their running thread on the deceased. I don't think anyone who was there 15 years ago is still active. I think Covid really decimated its readership. Not a surprise either since so many were retirees age 55-75, and a lifestyle of drinking, smoking + 15 years will keep the grave diggers busy and incinerators burning bright. 

Ah right, so it was just your opinion and it wasn't something based on any evidence .

You should have wrote *IMO* , otherwise people might think that you had some evidence to back up her claims .

She posted a photo of her new born Son here on these forums and Admin declared him to be TT's first baby 

On 11/22/2023 at 7:37 PM, Marc26 said:

I'm American so don't get that joke 555

In the late 60s early 70s in UK there were the Mods and the rockers. Mods rode scooters, Lambrettas or Vespas usually and wore smartish clothes. Rockers rode motorbikes and usually wore black leather. There were infamous fights between the two genres, the biggie in Brighton. The Who's Quadrophenia is about that era. Cheers.

4 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

For people who don't care about that forum and are delighted at its demise, you sure do all talk a lot about it.

It used to be an entertaining option, back in the day when there was a  competitive presence of gossip and crime based media outlets. Phuketwan, Pattaya One and TVF all rushed to provide the details of sordid crimes, love triangles and the latest in farang tragedy.  It was the must read of the day for those who needed extra time to defecate.

Over a decade ago, there was a thread from some character called WestHo who obsessed about taking a baggage trolley onto the escalators at the airport. It was a beautifully scripted bit of chaos that resulted in a banning and forced closing of a thread. That was in the years before social media was so prominent. The creator was either genuinely mentally ill or a brilliant comedian  from the school of genius that  gave us Robin Williams, Sacha Baron Cohen etc.  As much as I like Thaiger, it is seriously lacking in  "characters" like an always upset flamboyant  sexual deviant, or Andrew Tate kind of barfly. Thaiger doesn't attract as many of the deranged people as TVF did in respect to health topics. You could always find some nutter espousing the benefits of colonics with the delight of a varied assortment of bowel rinses. And the threads promoting the use of steroids were how to guides on giving yourself organ damage and/or cancer. The folks who run Asean Now don't want to know about this stuff.  🤭

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

For people who don't care about that forum and are delighted at its demise, you sure do all talk a lot about it.

Some can vent here publicly about the members ,ads, mods and rules on that site. 
One couldn’t discuss the mods publicly! I suspect this to continue on here a little while longer until the staff get tired of it!

This thread could be useful to people who desire to become forum administrators. Theres much useful information about the do’s and don’t.

imop

5 hours ago, Fluke said:

Ah right, so it was just your opinion and it wasn't something based on any evidence .

You should have wrote *IMO* , otherwise people might think that you had some evidence to back up her claims .

She posted a photo of her new born Son here on these forums and Admin declared him to be TT's first baby 

Bruno adopted a baby from Africa. He said that he obtained him in trade for  an ipad I believe. The talk show audience believed him  too.

1 hour ago, Vigo said:

Bruno adopted a baby from Africa. He said that he obtained him in trade for  an ipad I believe. The talk show audience believed him  too.

How does that relate to Yinn ?

19 hours ago, Fluke said:

I wasn't bothered or concerned about whether Yinn was Male, Female or a Ladyboy or what Country she/he/it came from , I just enjoyed reading Yinns posts .

I have no idea what gender ot Nationality that you are and that doesn't bother me either.

IMO , there were a few people  involved in the Yinn handle , a Thai Female and a felang 

Charlie H and ex mod off here (he claimed) Transam claimed they could tell what sex she was and what nationality from the IP address. They were adamant she was an Australian with a rough looking Thai GF. She was Thai, there was no foreign involvement. 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2023 at 5:53 PM, Fluke said:

There was quite a large influx of posters from TVF a few years ago , unfortunately two of the then regular posters on here were very abusive and confrontational to the new users , Colin and Yinn left and one of the abusive posters announced that he had become a moderator here and all the new posters left en masse .

He was being abusive and confrontational to all the newbies and then he changed his profile status to "moderator" and many people logged out and never came back 

All his posts were erased on here as well, he's still on AN picking on people going on about cars and warning people about pension fraud, and Yinn of course!

I don't think we should be bothered about TV/AN. We are on TT niw, and it's up to us to move the forum forward. I reckon lessons about moderation have been taken on board.

Long live TT. Onward and upward.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sticky said:

I don't think we should be bothered about TV/AN. We are on TT niw, and it's up to us to move the forum forward. I reckon lessons about moderation have been taken on board.

Long live TT. Onward and upward.

Are you drunk? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Vigo said:

It used to be an entertaining option, back in the day when there was a  competitive presence of gossip and crime based media outlets. Phuketwan, Pattaya One and TVF all rushed to provide the details of sordid crimes, love triangles and the latest in farang tragedy.  It was the must read of the day for those who needed extra time to defecate.

Over a decade ago, there was a thread from some character called WestHo who obsessed about taking a baggage trolley onto the escalators at the airport. It was a beautifully scripted bit of chaos that resulted in a banning and forced closing of a thread. That was in the years before social media was so prominent. The creator was either genuinely mentally ill or a brilliant comedian  from the school of genius that  gave us Robin Williams, Sacha Baron Cohen etc.  As much as I like Thaiger, it is seriously lacking in  "characters" like an always upset flamboyant  sexual deviant, or Andrew Tate kind of barfly. Thaiger doesn't attract as many of the deranged people as TVF did in respect to health topics. You could always find some nutter espousing the benefits of colonics with the delight of a varied assortment of bowel rinses. And the threads promoting the use of steroids were how to guides on giving yourself organ damage and/or cancer. The folks who run Asean Now don't want to know about this stuff.  🤭

There was a time, back when, that forums of almost every nature were rather free and open. Contemporary times have shifted greatly to a overwhelming shift of establishment/convention/woke-based practices and policies, as most have succumbed to this type of homogeny where such items of an alternative, different, challenging or questioning tact are accepted - conditionally.

Invented sensitivities and easily offended are the commonwealth of media platforms today. It's become sad, even morose, that too many avenues are so terribly repressed and insular.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Fluke said:

How does that relate to Yinn ?

"She posted a photo of her new born Son here on these forums and Admin declared him to be TT's first baby"

Because you saw a photo of a baby does not necessarily mean that the child is the progeny of the person presenting. I could post a photo of the most beautiful girl I saw at Central parsing through the oranges and claim her as my sweet baboo. It would not mean that she was my  girlfriend or otherwise. Short of an onsite inspection I  do not know if anyone had really verified her/his/their identity.   I could be off  on this and am open to correction. However, at the end of the day, I doubt anyone cares about the identity and whereabouts of Yinn. 

• Like 2

On 11/23/2023 at 7:46 AM, Thailand said:

Dramatically reduced ads and the pathetic poster league of trolls will have been removed!😀

Sadly that was not the case and they are still there adding to the click bait. Would have thought they may have been cleaned out if the owner is looking for a sale or simply to improve the quality of the interaction for the majority of posters.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Sadly that was not the case and they are still there adding to the click bait. Would have thought they may have been cleaned out if the owner is looking for a sale or simply to improve the quality of the interaction for the majority of posters.

they just don't care,

On 11/24/2023 at 4:09 AM, cowslip said:

I'll wait and see....... don't trust them. They were clearly being very evasive about what the problem was - this is clearly a matter of concern for a site that has people's details.

What details do they have about me - other than my fake name and my fake email address, and the fact that I'm against censorship?

6 hours ago, Nigel_Farang said:

What details do they have about me - other than my fake name and my fake email address, and the fact that I'm against censorship?

If you're against censorship then you shouldn't be bothered.

Everytime you log on you leave an electronic trail to your computer or phone.

Have you never wondered why the ads you see are related to your online activity?

55 minutes ago, cowslip said:

Have you never wondered why the ads you see are related to your online activity?

Those I receive aren't.  The vast majority are totally irrelevant to me, same with Amazon and Netflix  recommendations, stuff I would never watch or read.  Maybe you need to check your security settings and software. . 

2 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Those I receive aren't.  The vast majority are totally irrelevant to me, same with Amazon and Netflix  recommendations, stuff I would never watch or read.  Maybe you need to check your security settings and software. . 

Don't think you're so special

every time you use that email th IP knows pretty much exactly where you are - they's why your amazon etc is for the cpountry you are in.

It is easy to work out where you are, your age, nationality, likes dislikes - if Thai visa is hacked then all that stuff is sellable and even if you on't like it your dealing with it can be registered.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cowslip said:

Don't think you're so special

every time you use that email th IP knows pretty much exactly where you are - they's why your amazon etc is for the cpountry you are in.

It is easy to work out where you are, your age, nationality, likes dislikes - if Thai visa is hacked then all that stuff is sellable and even if you on't like it your dealing with it can be registered.

A good VPN, with my own individual IP, that's why they have no clue where I am, or who I am.  

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

A good VPN, with my own individual IP, that's why they have no clue where I am, or who I am.  

You seriously think that?

they can see patterns in your internet browsing, even in "private" mode, because they can share tracking cookies, even thought it's no longer "allowed" 😆