So has ASEAN NOW bitten the dust?

cowslip

1 hour ago, cowslip said:

You seriously think that?

a VPN could do the trick,

But TV has a poor AdSense audience targeting so it's all crap nobody want to buy

I have seen other websites where AliExpress would advertise the exact stuff I was looking for, kind of scary

Edited by butterfly

1 hour ago, butterfly said:

a VPN could do the trick,

But TV has a poor AdSense audience targeting so it's all crap nobody want to buy

I have seen other websites where AliExpress would advertise the exact stuff I was looking for, kind of scary

I konw of no-one who consistently uses a VPN - unless they are in China and even then they get caught out.

1 hour ago, butterfly said:

they can see patterns in your internet browsing, even in "private" mode, because they can share tracking cookies, even thought it's no longer "allowed" 😆

the point being if AN was hacked the hackers  would have no qualms about making the stuff sellable.

4 hours ago, Pinetree said:

A good VPN, with my own individual IP, that's why they have no clue where I am, or who I am.  

4 hours ago, Pinetree said:

A good VPN, with my own individual IP, that's why they have no clue where I am, or who I am. 

Yes. Good Paid VPN Needed for the practical purposes of fooling Streaming Services that my IP is in London all the time so not denied service….. You Tube video by obvious VPN expert showed nine stages of internet data access or transmission “ nodes”. Couldn’t follow the science but VPN blocks / conceals 4-5 data nodes but not the other types, which can find you apparently, unless further concealment tricks deployed like bouncing your signals through servers around the globe …..like a spy operation……some FSB Petersburg Trolls clearly inhabiting the TT Ukraine War topic for example. 😡

Pretty sure my VPN blocks any basic attempts to find me via TT posts though.Not least because I/ We here are simply not worth the govt time & effort over our meagre TT opinions  …….😅😂😏😌🫣

Just now, oldschooler said:

Yes. Good Paid VPN Needed for the practical purposes of fooling Streaming Services that my IP is in London all the time so not denied service….. You Tube video by obvious VPN expert showed nine stages of internet data access or transmission “ nodes”. Couldn’t follow the science but VPN blocks / conceals 4-5 data nodes but not the other types, which can find you apparently, unless further concealment tricks deployed like bouncing your signals through servers around the globe …..like a spy operation……some FSB Petersburg Trolls clearly inhabiting the TT Ukraine War topic for example. 😡

Pretty sure my VPN blocks any basic attempts to find me via TT posts though.Not least because I/ We here are simply not worth the govt time & effort over our meagre TT opinions  …….😅😂😏😌🫣

Also VPN Essential in CCP China for WWW use. When I worked there CCP hackers would find & shut the VPN channel signal down every three days or so but VPN would just keep changing it ……

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2023 at 5:42 AM, Tuvoc said:

For people who don't care about that forum and are delighted at its demise, you sure do all talk a lot about it.

There's a sort of morbid fascination with it, it was busy and popular, lively and informative. Also plenty of intrigue and personality clashes, plenty of characters, and of course mod clashes. Relatively pedestrian lately, no doubt reflecting the "maturing" of posters. 

Not too many will admit to enthusiasm, but it would leave  a gap if it did disappear. 

13 hours ago, Wanderer said:

There's a sort of morbid fascination with it, it was busy and popular, lively and informative. Also plenty of intrigue and personality clashes, plenty of characters, and of course mod clashes. Relatively pedestrian lately, no doubt reflecting the "maturing" of posters. 

Not too many will admit to enthusiasm, but it would leave  a gap if it did disappear. 

I was never a member but it had good posts and info on house building 

So I would read those threads

And whatever it was, it seemed to focus on Thailand 

Unlike this forum

You ask a question about Thailand and barely get an answer 

• Like 2