News Forum - Phuket hopes to attract Saudi and Australian tourists

Thaiger

14 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

They put up with it, so they are culpable

What choice does one have, unless one wants to risk one's freedom, life and that of one's family?

Few are willing to pay the price.

Anyway, Aussies and Arabs the prime targets for Phuket tourism? 🤪

I wonder if TAT will develop different marketing strategies. 😁

15 minutes ago, Fanta said:

And all Germans born before 1939 were Nazis and all Japanese were fanatics /s

In terms of the WW2 yes.  That's why I would have had no problems with the Bombing Strategies during the war, both in Europe ands Japan.  Bleeding hearts are never impressive and are always losers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

In terms of the WW2 yes.  That's why I would have had no problems with the Bombing Strategies during the war, both in Europe ands Japan.  Bleeding hearts are never impressive and are always losers. 

And racists are always impressive winners /s

6 minutes ago, Fanta said:

And racists are always impressive winners /s

So the Allies in WW2 were all racists were they? Your logic is badly flawed mate.    

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Yet that simply isn't true.

Of course not all Germans were Nazis, and the so-called bombing "strategies" at the end of the war were highly controversial - nothing less than warcrimes nowadays.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, astro said:

were highly controversial - nothing less than warcrimes nowadays.

They are controversial, but not War crimes. True, all Germans were not Nazi, but they followed the leaders to the destruction of their country, the death of thousands of their citizens. and the death of 6 million Jews.  They were all culpable at that time. The Japanese soldiers  carried out innumerable human rights atrocities, both in China before WW2 and all over Asia after that, until we used nuclear weapons'. They were, as a Nation of people, also culpable. 

To return to the post subject, unless you permanently disassociate and remove yourself  from your country, its  leaders, and its polices, then you are also, to a great  extent, responsible for the actions of those leaders, in suppressing freedoms, human rights abuses, and religious bigotry and  fanaticism, even terrorism. We are not talking here about a 'normal society' and it rules and laws, we are talking of extremes of policy and behavior.   This fact is beyond logical contention. 

• Like 1

Number of local Covid infections and fatalities still very high which presumbly why Thailand Pass and State of Emergency have not been cancelled. Suggest concentrate on vaccination programme rather than tourism 

25 minutes ago, Dialemco said:

Number of local Covid infections and fatalities still very high which presumbly why Thailand Pass and State of Emergency have not been cancelled. Suggest concentrate on vaccination programme rather than tourism 

3001 cases and 30 deaths today reported. Doesn’t sound like it’s very high to me. It’s ALL about keeping the emergency decree for as long as possible   They need to keep people calm and get to the next election.  

17 minutes ago, Soidog said:

3001 cases and 30 deaths today reported. Doesn’t sound like it’s very high to me. It’s ALL about keeping the emergency decree for as long as possible   They need to keep people calm and get to the next election.  

If that is correct means good bye to next high season as do not foresee any elections this year.

• Like 1

"I heppy with such journalism title.   And  comment  history German, Jepan, All lies

now Saudi and Australi in headlight of TAT. But have meny TWAT in TAT.                                                     everybodi forget TWAT and  TAT  and enjoy TITs  This is Thailand. Why everybodi heyt Russian, I think brein fertilize from TWAT on CNN and Gulag search engine   . Make comic relief is better

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Soidog said:

All these cases and deaths "reported". I am still waiting on autopsies that prove conclusively that there is one case of death attributable to C19, or even one infection. So far, from what I believe, the C19 virus has not been successfully isolated as such and is subject to legal challenge.

I said two years ago, and maintain my statement, that this is a global government exercise in population control. If they can do it for this, why can't they do it for a real disease or human disaster?

6 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

You agree with every law in your country?

Absolutely not! But at the same time, I am not a religious fanatic advocating stoning a woman to death for rape (as a victim). I also abide by my religious tenets, regardless of where I am. 

9 hours ago, Thaiger said:

After Thai officials’ major efforts to attract Saudi tourists to the Kingdom, Phuket’s tourism industry is hoping to bring in Saudi tourists to the island province. It also hopes to draw Australian tourists.

What, they have given up on the Russians ? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Also ….

News Forum - Pub fight in South Thailand leaves 3 dead

They are now targeting football hooligans …. Preferably Glaswegian over Indian and Australian tourists.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pinetree said:

They are controversial, but not War crimes. True, all Germans were not Nazi, but they followed the leaders to the destruction of their country, the death of thousands of their citizens. and the death of 6 million Jews.  They were all culpable at that time. The Japanese soldiers  carried out innumerable human rights atrocities, both in China before WW2 and all over Asia after that, until we used nuclear weapons'. They were, as a Nation of people, also culpable. 

To return to the post subject, unless you permanently disassociate and remove yourself  from your country, its  leaders, and its polices, then you are also, to a great  extent, responsible for the actions of those leaders, in suppressing freedoms, human rights abuses, and religious bigotry and  fanaticism, even terrorism. We are not talking here about a 'normal society' and it rules and laws, we are talking of extremes of policy and behavior.   This fact is beyond logical contention

Just because you say it's so, don't necessarily make it so. 

Thank you for sharing your OPINIONS.

1 hour ago, Viggen8408 said:

Absolutely not! But at the same time, I am not a religious fanatic advocating stoning a woman to death for rape (as a victim). I also abide by my religious tenets, regardless of where I am. 

As I said to another poster, how many Saudis have you actually met? 

And do you seriously believe that this is what your average Saudi thinks?! This is crazy!

Where do you get your information from??😆😆😆

And why do you seem to think that all Saudis are devout Muslims? Why should they be? Just like anywhere there is a whole range of people, and for some the religion is an  important part of their lives, for others it's just an obligation to pray to stop people gossiping, and for others they couldn't care less. There is an image that the government likes to project to the whole world of it being the birthplace of the Prophet Muhammad PBUH, and the land of The Two Holy Mosques,  but that doesn't mean the whole country is devout. Why should it.

It's no different to how Thailand likes to project itself as a peaceful Buddhist country, when I think we all know the reality is something different. Thais will break the Five Precepts constantly and we're not holding them accountable to it. So why so hard on the Muslims. Did you have some bad experiences in your past? 

I work with Saudis every day, lived in the country a long time. They're people just like the rest of us. They want a good job, a place to live and a nice family, and a car. That's about it. 

What they do not do, is spend all day at the water fountain in the office chatting about stoning women to death!! It's just ridiculous. 

Next time you see some Arabs on holiday in Thailand, why not say hello, you might be surprised at: 

1) how friendly and relaxed people are

2) how little people talk about stoning women to death...😝

May Allah have mercy on you for your ignorance....🤗

They can "hope" all they want but until they make it easy to get in and pleasant to stay Australians are going to escape their winter by going to countries where restrictions are now a thing of the past, like most of Europe. There are plenty of flights and tickets cost not much more than the price to Thailand. Dream on but get real if you want us back.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

What, they have given up on the Russians ? 🤣🤣🤣

These spineless would have welcome anyone including the Martians

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

As I said to another poster, how many Saudis have you actually met? 

And do you seriously believe that this is what your average Saudi thinks?! This is crazy!

Where do you get your information from??😆😆😆

And why do you seem to think that all Saudis are devout Muslims? Why should they be? Just like anywhere there is a whole range of people, and for some the religion is an  important part of their lives, for others it's just an obligation to pray to stop people gossiping, and for others they couldn't care less. There is an image that the government likes to project to the whole world of it being the birthplace of the Prophet Muhammad PBUH, and the land of The Two Holy Mosques,  but that doesn't mean the whole country is devout. Why should it.

It's no different to how Thailand likes to project itself as a peaceful Buddhist country, when I think we all know the reality is something different. Thais will break the Five Precepts constantly and we're not holding them accountable to it. So why so hard on the Muslims. Did you have some bad experiences in your past? 

I work with Saudis every day, lived in the country a long time. They're people just like the rest of us. They want a good job, a place to live and a nice family, and a car. That's about it. 

What they do not do, is spend all day at the water fountain in the office chatting about stoning women to death!! It's just ridiculous. 

Next time you see some Arabs on holiday in Thailand, why not say hello, you might be surprised at: 

1) how friendly and relaxed people are

2) how little people talk about stoning women to death...😝

May Allah have mercy on you for your ignorance....🤗

your opinions themselves are naïve and staggeringly  ignorant. An apologist for a Stone Age, murderous culture, riven with human rights abuse's, does not make pretty reading.   

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

So why so hard on the Muslims. Did you have some bad experiences in your past? 

No, but the 9/11 , 3,000 dead did and that was Saudi culture  inspired , undertaken by Saudi Nationals, under the leadership of Bin Laden, a Saudi National. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

No, but the 9/11

What, did not realise anything happened in the world on 9th of November, 2001, only that Denis Atkinson died? 

9 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

What, did not realise anything happened in the world on 9th of November, 2001, only that Denis Atkinson died? 

what are you talking about? 

3 hours ago, Anya said:

They can "hope" all they want but until they make it easy to get in and pleasant to stay Australians are going to escape their winter by going to countries where restrictions are now a thing of the past, like most of Europe. There are plenty of flights and tickets cost not much more than the price to Thailand. Dream on but get real if you want us back.  

You mean we have a choice? Hallelujah! 😃