News Forum - Phuket hopes to attract Saudi and Australian tourists

Thaiger

After Thai officials’ major efforts to attract Saudi tourists to the Kingdom, Phuket’s tourism industry is hoping to bring in Saudi tourists to the island province. It also hopes to draw Australian tourists. The director of the Tourism Authority of Thailand’s Sydney office, Suladda Sarutilavan, said Australia was the second largest market for Phuket. Last month, Indians were reported to be Phuket’s biggest group of tourists. The main hurdle for Australians hoping to make their way to the land of smiles is the lack of direct flights. Right now, there are only direct flights from Sydney, and Melbourne to Phuket […]

The story Phuket hopes to attract Saudi and Australian tourists as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Prosaap said:

Was it not indians a week ago or did somebody talk to soon 

Looks like a "Country of the Week" scenario developing. 😁

One does start to picture a government official standing in front of a map, blindfolded and throwing a dart!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Now that is attracting opposites if ever they was a project doomed to failure.  Can't see those two getting along at all due to the very slight cultural differences. . 🤣

54 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Now that is attracting opposites if ever they was a project doomed to failure.  Can't see those two getting along at all due to the very slight cultural differences. . 🤣

'Very slight? Yeah, right! Australians hold Saudi (in particular) in contempt for their double standards in both life and religion. Add to that, the hypocrisy of seeing these Arabs pissed as ten men in bars, and you have the perfect storm.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Z650 said:

Public beheading will be a popular spectacle with the tourists.

And homosexual murder, although there will be a clandestine attraction for ladyboys - what happens out of the country stays out...

1 minute ago, Viggen8408 said:

'Very slight? Yeah, right! Australians hold Saudi (in particular) in contempt for their double standards in both life and religion. Add to that, the hypocrisy of seeing these Arabs pissed as ten men in bars, and you have the perfect storm.

Indeed so. We all feel like that, at least all right thinking people do. Some time back, well pre covid, I arrived as BKK and watched around 15 Arabs , in tradition dress, walk into the toilets and  come out in jeans and T shirts.  Nothing wrong with that course, but I saw the same crowd later that night in Patts, pissed as rats and trying to arrange a gang bang with a couple of ladyboys. Hypocrisy indeed. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Although there is a definite interest in Phuket from international travel starved Australians right now, according to the local news in Australia large numbers of Australians have allowed their passports to expire or get so close to expiration during the pandemic that they can't travel. There is now a huge rush in renewals and a resulting delay in processing. The result is that it currently takes 3-6 months to get a new passport in Oz and a minimum of 3 months for a renewal. Many planned holidays and bookings are being cancelled as a result. So good luck with those plans but don't expect Australians in any numbers until closer to Christmas. 

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

You and I would understand your comments. However the great minds in TAT would simply ask - “What differences? They are all Farang so what’s the difference? Isn’t Saudi Arabia that island just to the South East of Australia anyway?”

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

The Dart in the Maps is a good one. Can we have a poll of what Country will be targeted next week by an (Official TAT Minister ) 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, vlad said:

The Dart in the Maps is a good one. Can we have a poll of what Country will be targeted next week by an (Official TAT Minister ) 

Well they have said Australia, presumably because they’ve worked out June, July and August are winter in the Southern Hemisphere. If one of their kids has a blow up globe, then they may spot New Zealand is also in winter at that time and in need of some warm weather. So I’ll vote New Zealand. But knowing the TAT, they could misread it and it could just as easily be New Caledonia or Newfoundland !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Viggen8408 said:

You agree with every law in your country?

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

Indeed so. We all feel like that, at least all right thinking people do. Some time back, well pre covid, I arrived as BKK and watched around 15 Arabs , in tradition dress, walk into the toilets and  come out in jeans and T shirts.  Nothing wrong with that course, but I saw the same crowd later that night in Patts, pissed as rats and trying to arrange a gang bang with a couple of ladyboys. Hypocrisy indeed. 

They are Hypocrite's, most Arabic Countries have banned  Homosexual's and LGBT Activities. The Sultan of Brunei has issued the Death penalty to anyone taking part in homosexual activities.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, vlad said:

They are Hypocrite's, most Arabic Countries have banned  Homosexual's and LGBT Activities. The Sultan of Brunei has issued the Death penalty to anyone taking part in homosexual activities.

Just talking about the Saudis here but they also live in a country with no democratic representation, so why would you think that the beliefs of government reflect the beliefs of the people? 

If you don't like the laws in your country, why not go somewhere else where you can do what you want. Try visiting Bahrain sometime and you'll see what I mean. 

Years ago it was very common for people to travel from the UK to the Amsterdam to smoke pot. Are they all hypocrites because they did something contrary to the laws of the UK. Pot was and still is illegal in the UK. 

27 minutes ago, vlad said:

Brunei, another great democratic nation, where the people have full electoral representation...😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Just talking about the Saudis here but they also live in a country with no democratic representation, so why would you think that the beliefs of government reflect the beliefs of the people? 

If you don't like the laws in your country, why not go somewhere else where you can do what you want. Try visiting Bahrain sometime and you'll see what I mean. 

Years ago it was very common for people to travel from the UK to the Amsterdam to smoke pot. Are they all hypocrites because they did something contrary to the laws of the UK. Pot was and still is illegal in the UK. 

You won't get the Death Penalty for smoking a joint in Amsterdam. In third world countrys, with barbaric medieval laws you will.

12 minutes ago, vlad said:

You won't get the Death Penalty for smoking a joint in Amsterdam. In third world countrys, with barbaric medieval laws you will.

Putting aside the fact that no one gets the death penalty for smoking  joint in Saudi, drug smuggling maybe. No different to Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia in that respect. 

But you completely ignored the point about there being no democratic representation. 

Never mind. 

It's easier to come up with silly comments like they kill you for smoking a joint. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

That is not really the point is it.  I don't go around preaching violent and  racist stuff that I don't follow myself,  I don't go around denouncing other cultures for not following the laws and culture in MY country and then flout those self same laws at the first opportunity I get. In other words I'm not a hypocrite. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

so why would you think that the beliefs of government reflect the beliefs of the people

Because they tolerate those leaders, especially her Religious ones, and that Stone Age  culture, of course, only when they are within its borders. A country is not just its leadership, its the whole population.  They put up with it, so they are culpable, just as the Russian people are over Ukraine, or the North Koreans are in supporting their maniac of a leader. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pinetree said:

Because they tolerate those leaders and that culture. A country is not just its leadership, its the whole population.  They put up with it, so they are culpable, just as the Russian people are over Ukraine, or the North Koreans are supporting their maniac of a leader. 

And all Germans born before 1939 were Nazis and all Japanese were fanatics /s

The minority control the majority and always have. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

That is not really the point is it.  I don't go around preaching violent and  racist stuff that I don't follow myself,  I don't go around denouncing other cultures for not following the laws and culture in MY country and then flout those self same laws at the first opportunity I get. In other words I'm not a hypocrite. 

😆😆😆

Your hilarious. How many Saudis have you personally met who go around "preaching violent and racist stuff"

You're just being ridiculous here. 

Where do you get this kind of stuff from?!

Saudis are very peaceful and friendly people. A lot more welcoming then in Thailand in many ways.

They're not walking round all day being violent, racist, etc. 

Are you okay??

Try spending less time on t'internet, and more time getting to know real people who actually exist. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fanta said:

And all Germans born before 1939 were Nazis and all Japanese were fanatics /s

The minority control the majority and always have. 

And all the protests in the streets of the US stopped the US government to commit atrocities in Vietnam...

And the millions protesting in the UK stopped Tony Blair to commit atrocities in Irak...

And the protests and calls from many intellectuels in the early 60s in France stopped the french army to commit atrocities in Algeria...

etc... etc...

Not only the minority controls the majority, but this minority couldn't care less about the majority's opinion, never mind listening to them.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Because they tolerate those leaders, especially her Religious ones, and that Stone Age  culture, of course, only when they are within its borders. A country is not just its leadership, its the whole population.  They put up with it, so they are culpable, just as the Russian people are over Ukraine, or the North Koreans are in supporting their maniac of a leader. 

So everyone living in Thailand supports Prayut then do they?

Again, you're being ridiculous. ....😆😆😆

Now take a deep breath, and try thinking before typing. 

• Like 1