News Forum - Popular “sexpat” blogger Stickboy leaves Thailand over dead nightlife, restrictions

Thaiger

The popular redlight district blogger (and “sexpat”) Stickboy has left Thailand, apparently due to the lack of nightlife over the past two years. Stickboy, whose real name is Mike McKay, has been a long time expat in Thailand. He calls himself a “party animal with hollow legs” and is known for his posts of busty women mixed in with general information on Thailand… especially on the bar scene. On Mike’s Twitter bio, he said “Time for something new… South America maybe.” He says he’s left Thailand for good, and “no,” don’t worry, he hasn’t had a serious mental breakdown. Mike told […]

The story Popular “sexpat” blogger Stickboy leaves Thailand over dead nightlife, restrictions as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

18 minutes ago, Rain said:

Akin to his mentor, Stickman, who skedaddled as well. 

Both....waste of breath and life. 

Like the old men with no lives that sit on their behinds, hanging around forums all day whining i guess

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bb54 said:

Like the old men with no lives that sit on their behinds, hanging around forums all day whining i guess

Beats going out with a mask under your chin.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Beats going out with a mask under your chin.

Need to put the mask on properly now in Bangkok, to protect against the silent killer PM2.5.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

No loss 

Big loss …. As it was a source of Thai news, in competition with the Thaiger. Pity not active over the last 9 months.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Big loss …. As it was a source of Thai news, in competition with the Thaiger. Pity not active over the last 9 months.

If there were a confused emoji, I would have used it,  Source of  'news',  Really? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

If there were a confused emoji, I would have used it,  Source of  'news',  Really? 

Same sources as used by Thaiger

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The popular redlight district blogger (and “sexpat”) Stickboy

Won't be missed.

Edited by ctxa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, yselmike said:

He was ok,had a sense of humour.More than can be said about most of the reactions.

1 hour ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

I bet most have never been to his site. 

Apologies for having 0 interest in whatever a sexpat has to say. 

That kind of people are sick, and they need help, not an army of lesser sexpats looking up to him, watching and sharing his monetized videos so that he can make some extra money then go and f*** some more girls... 

Disgusting. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ctxa said:

Apologies for having 0 interest in whatever a sexpat has to say. 

That kind of people are sick, and they need help, not an army of lesser sexpats looking up to him, watching and sharing his monetized videos so that he can make some extra money then go and f*** some more girls... 

Disgusting. 

You do seem to have a well versed knowledge of him and his followers …. For you to know this you must have partaken in visiting his or other sites like his to know what is on the site  ….. if not that is Disgusting. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

You do seem to have a well versed knowledge of him and his followers …. For you to know this you must have partaken in visiting his or other sites like his to know what is on the site  ….. if not that is Disgusting. 

A sexpat is a sexpat. It doesn't matter if he has a blog, if he cracks nice jokes or what. And this article defined him as such, so that's all I need to know about him. 

1. (slang) One who engages in sex tourism. quotations ▼

Disgusting. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

🤔🙄🤨

I am  confused, now!Confused Head Scratch GIF by State Farm

Confused Head Scratch GIF by State Farm

36 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

The guys on this forum that seem so disgusted by sexpats, also kinda seem obsessed by them!

They sure seem to care an AWFUL LOT about them................

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The popular redlight district blogger (and “sexpat”) Stickboy has left Thailand, apparently due to the lack of nightlife over the past two years. Stickboy, whose real name is Mike McKay, has been a long time expat in Thailand. He calls himself a “party animal with hollow legs” and is known for his posts of busty women mixed in with general information on Thailand… especially on the bar scene. On Mike’s Twitter bio, he said “Time for something new… South America maybe.” He says he’s left Thailand for good, and “no,” don’t worry, he hasn’t had a serious mental breakdown. Mike told […]

The story Popular “sexpat” blogger Stickboy leaves Thailand over dead nightlife, restrictions as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Another blow to reviving "quality tourism". What's next? 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

14 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

The guys on this forum that seem so disgusted by sexpats, also kinda seem obsessed by them!

Truer colours....

5 minutes ago, Vince said:

Another blow to reviving "quality tourism". What's next? 

The latest edition of Lonely planet's Thailand is due out soon.....

So he burned out on bargirls and nightlife.  Just like stickman.   Another cautionary tale that you can't expect to live in Thailand the same way that you did when you just visited as a tourist.

Edited by samiam123
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I haven't seen any comments here suggesting anyone is disgusted with so called 'sexpats'. 

But I'm kinda new. 

I've said I think it's a waste of money, and poor planning/effort for any long term visitors. 

My impression is that the red light industry is widely tolerated in Asia. And hey, prostitutes live in every country in the world. Imagine that. 

So condemning tourists for what is widely tolerated by locals, and exists in every home country, seems pointless.

Like paying high prices, not haggling, and not adapting to local conditions, I'd say paying for companionship is not recommended ;-) 

That said, I think conservative Buddhists are happy to see "sexpats" and the related industry get less attention and patronage.