News Forum - Popular “sexpat” blogger Stickboy leaves Thailand over dead nightlife, restrictions

Thaiger

Just now, samiam123 said:

Some people just can't handle Thailand.  Maybe you should go to Mexico.  I hear it's nice there. 

To get shot? 

4 minutes ago, ctxa said:

To get shot? 

Then go to Disneyland.  It doesn't sound like international travel is for you.

Edited by samiam123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, samiam123 said:

Then try Disneyland.  

Don’t think so. I’m quite in happy in Thailand at the moment. Nothing about Thais or Thai culture bothers me. 

Just the lousy loudmouth entitled farang sexpats. Surely when I leave Thailand I won’t miss those.

Edited by ctxa

2 minutes ago, samiam123 said:

Some people just can't handle Thailand.  I've seen some guys literally have a melt down over the culture shock.  Maybe you should go to Mexico instead.

Funny. 

What elements of culture shock have you seen? 

I'm starting to think that the clamor over "dual pricing" is really just culture shock. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ctxa said:

Don’t think so. I’m quite in happy in Thailand at the moment. Nothing about Thais or Thai culture bothers me. 

Just the lousy loudmouth entitled farang sexpats. Surely when I leave Thailand I won’t miss those.

So you are quite happy being paranoid with irrational fear and constantly not able to stand the thought of Thais maybe thinking you came here to chase around poor Thai girls (your words).  Best of luck with that. 👍

Edited by samiam123
  • Like 1

Just now, samiam123 said:

So you are quite happy being paranoid with irrational fear and constantly not able to stand the thought that Thais maybe thinking you came here to chase around poor Thai girls.  Cool story!

Sure, that is my reason to despise sexpats. 

Doesn’t mean I can’t be happy here. Specially since I don’t socialize much anyway. 

25 minutes ago, samiam123 said:

So you are quite happy being paranoid with irrational fear and constantly not able to stand the thought of Thais maybe thinking you came here to chase around poor Thai girls (your words).  Best of luck with that. 👍

It's not totally unfounded. 

I remember the difference going around with a girl and going around single - people treated me differently (better I felt usually) as a couple. 

Gogo bars seem to be a throwback to the 1970s when American soldiers came in for short stays during the war. What did they care? 

Thai's, and this is just an impression, seem a bit more discreet in their indiscretions. 

The fake karaoke bar, fake massage parlor, fake gym (and soon to be 400 fake restaurants? Lol) may provide discreet cover for locals. 

Maybe foreigners would do well to blend in.

Maybe the gogo bar has had it's time and that era is over. 

2 hours ago, Vince said:

Chasing pretty girls is not a crime :-) 

And even poor Thai girls need husbands. 

if you dress and act respectfully, are seen with politely dressed women, have a wife or steady girlfriend, and aren't doing or saying things publicly you wouldn't want a Thai monk to see and hear, what's to worry about? :-) 

Most of those Thai monks are doing a hell of lot worse!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Most of those Thai monks are doing a hell of lot worse!

It's a hypothetical Thai monk of reasonable character. How about a nice Thai grandmother instead? :-) 

I'm talking appearances here, not reality 😉

2 hours ago, ctxa said:

Doesn’t mean I can’t be happy here. Specially since I don’t socialize much anyway. 

Nobody will think you are a sexpat in Disneyland. Maybe you should go there. Doesn't sound to me like you are equipped to handle Thailand.

Edited by samiam123
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vince said:

Funny. 

What elements of culture shock have you seen? 

I'm starting to think that the clamor over "dual pricing" is really just culture shock. 

Actually, I believe this culture shock thing could be a benefit for the society in a round about way. 

The more that suffer the less that come around or settle. 

4 minutes ago, samiam123 said:

Nobody will think you are a sexpat in Disneyland. I think you should probably go there.  Doesn't sound to me like you are equipped to handle Thailand.

Not sure you thought that one through @samiam123 lol 

2 minutes ago, Rain said:

Actually, I believe this culture shock thing could be a benefit for the society in a round about way. 

The more that suffer the less that come around or settle. 

A wise observation. But they make a lot of noise on the way out. 

I say let's try some "cognitive therapy" on those distressed by imaginary persecution over "dual pricing", who melt down over haggling with taxi drivers, etc. 

It's the nice thing to do? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vince said:

A wise observation. But they make a lot of noise on the way out. 

I say let's try some "cognitive therapy" on those distressed by imaginary persecution over "dual pricing", who melt down over haggling with taxi drivers, etc. 

It's the nice thing to do? 

Nah. Screw 'em....

5 hours ago, ctxa said:

At the moment it affects me, because I am in Thailand.  I can’t stand thinking whenever I deal with a Thai that he thinks I am one of those sexpats both you and I try to avoid. 

I think many Thais think this way and it saddens me. It also saddens me the fact these sexpats take advantage of the situation of poverty of those girls.

You spend a lot of time 'thinking', and in a previous post here, to the point that you are scared to go out in fear of crossing paths with a scumbag sexpat farang?  Really?  Jeez, man, where the heck do you live?  And why?

Met a Monk sat on the corner of Beach Road and Soi 6 near Lek's rub and tug one day, and I agreed to pay the 500 Baht donation fee free advice.  He put the new iPhone down, removed 1of 2 earbuds, stubbed out his cigarette and examined my palm briefly before chuckling and offering his profound assessment, to wit:

"You tink too mutt". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

16 hours ago, Thaiger said:

On Mike’s Twitter bio, he said “Time for something new… South America maybe.”

So he left but not sure where he is going?  How do you book a flight for that?  5555

4 minutes ago, TWS60 said:

You spend a lot of time 'thinking', and in a previous post here, to the point that you are scared to go out in fear of crossing paths with a scumbag sexpat farang?  Really?  Jeez, man, where the heck do you live?  And why?

Met a Monk sat on the corner of Beach Road and Soi 6 near Lek's rub and tug one day, and I agreed to pay the 500 Baht donation fee free advice.  He put the new iPhone down, removed 1of 2 earbuds, stubbed out his cigarette and examined my palm briefly before chuckling and offering his profound assessment, to wit:

"You tink too mutt". 

Sounds like good advice. 

5 hours ago, ctxa said:

I don't mean this as any sort of shot at you

Because I think you been good giving your honest replies

But you sound a bit young and immature?

Again I don't mean that to be offensive 

I think anyone should want to present themselves well

But you really shouldn't worry what people you don't even know, think of you

As I said before, as long as you are being polite with manners and present yourself well, why does it matter what someone might think? Wrongly I might add, in your case