Has the newest iPhone Killed Photography as a Hobby; or made it more accessible ?

Pinetree

• 1 month later...

The photos from the latest iphones or Samsungs are really nice but the picture quality of Fullframe or Mirrorless Cameras is still another level. Especially at night, landscape/wildlife-photography, fashion and many other situations. Don't get me wrong - the actual mobiles have really great "point and shoot"-Cameras and also the video-quality is in many situations are really good. But the difference is visible. If you check my introduction-post here in Thaiger-talk you can see 2 photos done with my Sony a6400 and a 50mm F 1.8 lense. Thee photos would be not possible in this quality.

• 1 year later...

I have no knowledge or interest in the iPhone, but now I'm used to a decent phone cam, I don't bother with digital compacts or SLRs. The images are as wonderful as, either

• 3 months later...

The newest iPhone has made photography more accessible by offering advanced camera technology, but it hasn't killed photography as a hobby. Many people still enjoy dedicated photography with DSLRs and mirrorless cameras for their creative and technical aspects.

I am way more interested in taking photos now with the ease of a phone that takes amazing pictures than I was with the regular cameras back in the day

I appreciate people who are into proper cameras and photography, that's pretty cool

I just wasn't and now will take more because of the phone

Using iPhone is more accessible because you can easily just get it in your pocket, you can make a pose anytime you want. But of course, nothing really beats using the DSLR camera using some lenses, it is way better.