News Forum - Business and government leaders meet to reopen Pattaya bars

Thaiger

51 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Private security is exactly that. They are not the instruments of law and order.

If you get caught creeping around Katy Perrys house then you will be held by her private security until the police arrive.

What you are proposing is that these private security companies will be the police. All of them competing for business. Ergo all of them applying their own laws and rules to suit themselves.

So I ask again who is going to run these "companies" and who will govern them?

I dont need any answers regarding shoes. 

You could have condensed that down to two words: "More obfuscation".

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LoongFred said:

It's not that I oppose someone enjoying a beer with friends, it what the Pattaya bar scene has developed into.

Regarding the first part of that sentence, that definitely falls into the category of, ""You could have fooled me"

Regarding the rest of it, had it not been for what the Pattaya bar scene has developed into, it would still be a sleepy fishing port that most people had never heard of. 

I presume from your posts that you are resident there. The sex trade helped pay for the infrastructure that you use. I might have said it before, but it's attitudes like yours that led to Native Americans being driven off their land. The sex tourists have done their bit, and now we have no further use for them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohninDublin said:

Regarding the first part of that sentence, that definitely falls into the category of, ""You could have fooled me"

Regarding the rest of it, had it not been for what the Pattaya bar scene has developed into, it would still be a sleepy fishing port that most people had never heard of. 

I presume from your posts that you are resident there. The sex trade helped pay for the infrastructure that you use. I might have said it before, but it's attitudes like yours that led to Native Americans being driven off their land. The sex tourists have done their bit, and now we have no further use for them. 

Not really. The infrastructure of roads and electricity in the north and northeast were developed with assistance of the US government to stop the flow of communism in the 60 and 70s. Look at the Asian highway network as example. The infrastructure in Pattaya, I assume is the introduction of McDonald's and other fast food places. A lot of western influences in Pattaya that are an overall distraction.

Thailand's infrastructure has come a long way in the past 50 years. Better road and transportation, electrification, running water, universities, etc.etc. I remember 50 years ago an Pattaya was a beautiful place and not full of trash. Now I avoid that area and have zero interest in visiting. I do feel sorry for Thais who go there with ambition only to be corrupted but western interests. 

3 hours ago, LoongFred said:

Not really. The infrastructure of roads and electricity in the north and northeast were developed with assistance of the US government to stop the flow of communism in the 60 and 70s.

I have news for you Fred. When the US were developing that infrastructure in the N and NE, they secretly relocated Pattaya to the East coast. Shhhh! Don't tell anyone.

1 hour ago, JohninDublin said:

I have news for you Fred. When the US were developing that infrastructure in the N and NE, they secretly relocated Pattaya to the East coast. Shhhh! Don't tell anyone.

News to me. When I visited in 1968. I also did work out of Sri Racha red cross hospital in 1972-73. Things were still very nice then.

13 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

One week later ! …… I don’t think anyone was fooled !

It really doesn't matter does it. Things will never return to the way it was. So all your gripping and moaning means nothing except your unhappy. So you can go on complaining about everything Thai,  to no avail. Bars must be the favorite place to complain, and solve everyone else's problems.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

It really doesn't matter does it. Things will never return to the way it was. So all your gripping and moaning means nothing except your unhappy. So you can go on complaining about everything Thai,  to no avail. Bars must be the favorite place to complain, and solve everyone else's problems.

If it doesn't matter, why do you keep on about it?

1 minute ago, JohninDublin said:

If it doesn't matter, why do you keep on about it?

Same as with you, I guess.  It would be nice to be able to visit the seashore without the sleaze. 

Just now, LoongFred said:

Same as with you, I guess.  It would be nice to be able to visit the seashore without the sleaze. 

Have to go now. The news in Thai starts at 4:30 local time. I not sure we're in the same time zones. Great to watch to get the Thai views on thing. Very different than the views of mostly sexpat here.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

aren't bar a restaurants now? we need more Michelin star' restaurants in Pattaya to support the image of the family resort

Most parts of the country have never felt the invented impact of severe business closures and whatnot - even to this day, public places are operating with the usual precautions in place. 

This media and mainstream concentration regarding the usual Farang Ghetto locales and their so called restrictions has a muse about it. 

The general instilled mindset among particular Farang circles: as go Farang Ghettos, so goes the the rest of the country. Quite fanciful. 

6 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Have to go now. The news in Thai starts at 4:30 local time. I not sure we're in the same time zones. Great to watch to get the Thai views on thing. Very different than the views of mostly sexpat here.

I trust that you imbibe truer alternative Thai news, LF - as it's quite available. 

Most of which the make up of the population here haven't a clue about anything real Thai/Thailand.

Cheers....

😉

3 minutes ago, Rain said:

The general instilled mindset among particular Farang circles: as go Farang Ghettos, so goes the the rest of the country. Quite fanciful. 

fact is he travelled in mini van from north to south and most likely the van stopped in some "country side" places where people are even less vaccinated.

7 minutes ago, Shark said:

fact is he travelled in mini van from north to south and most likely the van stopped in some "country side" places where people are even less vaccinated.

In a round about manner - might be a plus. Aside from the proposed myths.🤨😘

12 minutes ago, Rain said:

In a round about manner - might be a plus. Aside from the proposed myths.🤨😘

that a bunch of country people will die as a result of an farang, well... anti vaxxers wisdom I think, I lack to follow.

10 hours ago, JohninDublin said:

Yes because the rest of Thailand with no bar scene is just a sleepy fishing village 

A beach less than 90mins from BKK would have been deserted without the help of all those farang staying in 1k baht hotels.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marc26 said:

Yes because the rest of Thailand with no bar scene is just a sleepy fishing village 

A beach less than 90mins from BKK would have been deserted without the help of all those farang staying in 1k baht hotels.....

Another knowledgeable [not] Farang in our midst. 

3 minutes ago, Rain said:

Another knowledgeable [not] Farang in our midst. 

So you are saying one of the closest beaches to BKK would not have been developed?

A beach 90mins away

Please expound on that, I'd be fascinated to hear your infinite wisdom......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rain said:

I trust that you imbibe truer alternative Thai news, LF - as it's quite available. 

Most of which the make up of the population here haven't a clue about anything real Thai/Thailand.

Cheers....

😉

It's a shame you consider yourself to know more about what and how Thais think. So where do you get you Insights? 

I for one live and function in Thai society and not through the artificial lense of falang media. Of course I look at both but most of my views come from contact with a wide section of Thai society . 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rain said:

Most parts of the country have never felt the invented impact of severe business closures and whatnot - even to this day, public places are operating with the usual precautions in place. 

This media and mainstream concentration regarding the usual Farang Ghetto locales and their so called restrictions has a muse about it. 

As long as the sexpat element stay in their self isolation,it's OK

The problem is they take over larger area and ruin them. 

I predict that the proposal to open Pattaya bars and entertainment places will be pushed back, if it ever takes place. Be interested in how many places (%) plan to reopen. 

The smart money is probably long gone.

1 hour ago, LoongFred said:

As long as the sexpat element stay in their self isolation,it's OK

The problem is they take over larger area and ruin them. 

With apologies to "Field of Dreams",

"If you build it they will come"

• Like 1