News Forum - Business and government leaders meet to reopen Pattaya bars

Thaiger

21 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

Nobody!  That's the point.  

Right so these law enforcement companies will be self regulating?

Dont make me laugh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Right so these law enforcement companies will be self regulating?

Dont make me laugh.

who regulates the current "law enforcement"?  i wont speak for Thailand, but I dont think George Floyd, Duncan Lemp, Tony Timpa, Eric Garner, and the thousands of others who have been killed by the US police forces would share in your laugh.  Or the countless people who are extorted, harassed, and abused by the current structure.  

The only thing funny is your belief that the current system is in place to keep you safe.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohninDublin said:

A company that nobody runs? An interesting but impossible concept. 

Nobody "regulates" is very different from nobody running it.  You seem to have a habit of swapping words with different meanings.  

Edited by MrNovax

37 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

Nobody "regulates" is very different from nobody running it.  You seem to have a habit of swapping words with different meanings.  

And I think you are indulging in a very weak case of semantics

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rain said:

Most parts of the country have never felt the invented impact of severe business closures and whatnot - even to this day, public places are operating with the usual precautions in place. 

This media and mainstream concentration regarding the usual Farang Ghetto locales and their so called restrictions has a muse about it. 

The general instilled mindset among particular Farang circles: as go Farang Ghettos, so goes the the rest of the country. Quite fanciful. 

Does  Michelin also review Thai restaurants? At least those that cater to Thais.  Many great ones. Also, those in falang ghettos might not be very good. Those with full parking lots are usually good.

Why are they talking about openings risky venues when the country is headed for mandatory quarantines or worse. The virus needs to be controlled first, then if the high risk venues are considered. 

15 hours ago, Rain said:

Most parts of the country have never felt the invented impact of severe business closures and whatnot - even to this day, public places are operating with the usual precautions in place. 

This media and mainstream concentration regarding the usual Farang Ghetto locales and their so called restrictions has a muse about it. 

The general instilled mindset among particular Farang circles: as go Farang Ghettos, so goes the the rest of the country. Quite fanciful. 

Does  Michelin also review Thai restaurants? At least those that cater to Thais.  Many great ones. Also, those in falang ghettos might not be very good. Those with full parking lots are usually good.

To get a take on the future of Pattaya's entertainment industry, I suggest reading today's Thai Examiner,"Thailand again signals move away from mass-market foreign tourism..." Thai authorities want to change the perception that anything goes in the country to one that appeals to real tourists.  Covid made this easier to close down undesirable venues in this regard. Be prepared and plan for change and you'll be fine, is my advice. 

On 12/22/2021 at 1:34 PM, JohninDublin said:

And I think you are indulging in a very weak case of semantics

A regulator is supposed to be an outside entity who oversees an entire industry but has not direct decision making capabilities.  

running a company means making day to day decisions.  these are two completely different things and if you  dont understand the difference you should not be commenting.  

1 hour ago, MrNovax said:

A regulator is supposed to be an outside entity who oversees an entire industry but has not direct decision making capabilities.  

running a company means making day to day decisions.  these are two completely different things and if you  dont understand the difference you should not be commenting.  

Have you not heard of self-regulation? If we are talking about who should, or should not be commenting, I'd suggest you keep your semantics for CCC. where there are no shortage of th gullible for you to indulge.

On 12/24/2021 at 6:44 PM, JohninDublin said:

Have you not heard of self-regulation? If we are talking about who should, or should not be commenting, I'd suggest you keep your semantics for CCC. where there are no shortage of th gullible for you to indulge.

yes, companies self regulate but that is different from an "appointed governing body" that oversees an industry externally.  Completely changing the definition of words isnt "semantics".  At this point im not sure your speaking English.  

15 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

yes, companies self regulate but that is different from an "appointed governing body" that oversees an industry externally.  Completely changing the definition of words isnt "semantics".  At this point im not sure your speaking English.  

However you want to indulge in this game of semantics, I think you are the only person posting here that thinks society without government can function without many of the strong exploiting the weak. Eventually you might find a strong decent man who will take the bad to task, and the oppressed will say, "We have to put this man in charge". Hey Presto: Government is born (or reborn).

20 hours ago, JohninDublin said:

However you want to indulge in this game of semantics, I think you are the only person posting here that thinks society without government can function without many of the strong exploiting the weak. Eventually you might find a strong decent man who will take the bad to task, and the oppressed will say, "We have to put this man in charge". Hey Presto: Government is born (or reborn).

I'm well aware im in the minority preferring minarchism or Anarcho-capitalism.  You are also (unfortunately) correct that free people typically revert back to a need to be ruled.  But i have found people are slower to give up their freedoms when its pointed out that their freedoms are being given up.    

35 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

I'm well aware im in the minority preferring minarchism or Anarcho-capitalism.  You are also (unfortunately) correct that free people typically revert back to a need to be ruled.  But i have found people are slower to give up their freedoms when its pointed out that their freedoms are being given up.    

Not so much a need to be ruled, as a need to be protected.

Franklin's pronouncement on security exchanged for freedom is worthy but disingenuous, especially as helped form a gov, that by it's very name, restricted peoples freedom.

On 12/17/2021 at 12:52 AM, MrNovax said:

Do you really think this will ever end?  There will always be "cases".   waiting for Covid to go away before opening up is like waiting for the flu to disappear or cancer to be cured.  everyone is now aware of the risks and just like 5 years ago, 10, years ago, or 50 years ago, let individuals determine the risk they are willing to take.  its not my decision what is best for you and it isnt your decision what is best for me.  

well, to day there is a fact, the bug is among us, and we fight against it. some must take the decisions, for the good of the collectivity, you might not be agree with it is your right. the way you think is as an individual, this means you think only about your own person, what is good for you might not be for the one living beside you. Unfortunately a lot of humans as you think that way ......... you can't let the individual to determine the risk, first of all because the individual does not have the whole picture, and second of all because an individual think as individual ..... imagine 1000 of individual with 1000 different point of view ...where this will lead? it s call Chaos.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JohninDublin said:

Franklin's pronouncement on security exchanged for freedom is worthy but disingenuous, especially as helped form a gov, that by it's very name, restricted peoples freedom.

many of us would prefer to decline the  "help" from the government.  

12 hours ago, pascal said:

and we fight against it

here is where we disagree.  no action is often the best action

what is good for you might not be for the one living beside

or it could be the best thing for those around me.  who is to tell? 

you can't let the individual to determine the risk,

individuals are determining this, the question is, should it be some far off human who has never met you or should you make your own decisions.  frankly. so far, the "experts" have a terrible track record over the last 18 months.  

the individual does not have the whole picture,

Neither do the governing bodies.  plenty of people have suffered due to their policies.

magine 1000 of individual with 1000 different point of view ...where this will lead? it s call Chaos.

that is a leap and fear mongering used to control the masses.  "listen to us or people will kill you"

19 hours ago, MrNovax said:

here is where we disagree.  no action is often the best action

or it could be the best thing for those around me.  who is to tell? 

individuals are determining this, the question is, should it be some far off human who has never met you or should you make your own decisions.  frankly. so far, the "experts" have a terrible track record over the last 18 months.  

Neither do the governing bodies.  plenty of people have suffered due to their policies.

that is a leap and fear mongering used to control the masses.  "listen to us or people will kill you"

lol ...... keep telling you these man ...

4 hours ago, pascal said:

lol ...... keep telling you these man ...

im open to a counter point if you have any.  the only thing funny is that you think that the people "in charge" have some magical power to determine what is best for everyone.  

from your post im going to assume you are worried about the bug.   so you are advocating what is best for you under the cover of being best for others without any clue what is actually best for others.