Which famous musicians have you met in person?

BigHewer

• 3 months later...
On 12/9/2021 at 10:15 PM, BigHewer said:

Was he alone or did he have Rachel Hunter with him?

Just reading through this thread, And Rachel Hunter, popped into my head, she used to do shampoo adds in Australia from memory, I bumped into her in The Basement Nightclub in Sydney I THINK, it was around 35 years ago?

• Like 1

Saw, not met, Clint Eastwood. In his hog-breath inn, in carmel. somewhere in 1986 or 87... He sneaked in and had some beers with his friends in the corner, until ofcourse everyone noticed him... He locked himself in, in the restaurant (because we were on the terras behind the inn) and you could see him doing his bookkeeping, counting his profits 😆.

Another one is the then prime minister abbisit (writing this probably wrong), while walking through a mall. The wife went on the photo with him.

• Like 2

Haven't met anybody really famous, met Billy Bragg after a gig he did at York Barbican, met Glenn Tilbrook from Squeeze after a one man show he did in Leeds and got to shake his hand. 

Flew to Belfast from Lds/Bfd Airport and on the plane was Con Clusky from the 60s trio The Bachelors also on the plane was Jack Duckworth from Coronation Street and sat next to me on the other other side of the aisle was football legend Frank Worthington, had a really good chat with him, very friendly guy and he told us that they were all off to partake in a pro/celeb charity golf match. 

• Like 1

Sat behind Brian May and his wife Angie on a flight from Heathrow to Lds/Bfd , from behind it was kinda difficult to tell which was which !! Both really chatty and pleasant though as i gushed about being a Queen fan and Angie blushed when I lied about watching her on Eastenders !!

On another occasion flying from Cancun to Brazil the plane was delayed as we waited for one remaining passenger for about 40 minutes, sat waiting in our seats was frustrating but the , mainly Brazilian, passengers seemed to forgive when they saw it was Caetano Veloso.

The plane landed in São Paulo to travel on to Rio but there was a huge commotion at the front as an inebriated Caetano Veloso was demanding that the plane dropped him in Rio first !! 😂 Of course that didn’t happen and the passengers turned on him with many giving him a mouthful as those deplaning filed past him ( he was being held back by a steward in business class) . I was going through all the Portuguese cuss words I knew to see which would be most appropriate but settled on “ Fackin’ wanker “  !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1969 I went to shows with The Barron Knights as a sound engineer. 68 & 69 was support band for The Who at Belle Vue in Mcr. 1974 was on the same bill as The Four Freshmen at Lahr in Germany, and in 1992 I met The BEach Boys at the Midland Hotel in Mcr.

Was pint-friendly with Bill Tarmey ( Jack D) at The Broadoak in Ashton-u-Lyne in 70s.

Met Les Dawson and Bernard manning at the Golden Garter in Mcr. Like chalk & cheese...Dawson was a miserable, moaning, swearing git, Manning was a 100% gentleman

• Like 2