News Forum - Bangkok chef arrested for assault and rape of teenage employee

Thaiger

A head chef in Bangkok was arrested for the alleged assault and rape of a 16 year old female employee after luring her under false pretences. The incident, which took place in the Pin Klao area, has led to the arrest of the 25 year old suspect, Watanyu. In a swift operation following an arrest … …

The story Bangkok chef arrested for assault and rape of teenage employee as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

In a swift operation following an arrest warrant issued by the Taling Chan Criminal Court dated December 8 of last year,

This must be a Thai definition of "swift" that I am unaware of.

The ordeal dates back to late September last year when the victim’s parents noticed unusual behaviour in their daughter. Upon inquiry, the 16 year old revealed a harrowing account of her interactions with the chef, who was her supervisor at a Japanese restaurant located in a mall in the Pin Klao district.

So, actually nothing was "swift" as most people understand the word.  The "investigation" took upwards of four months and then another five months passed before an arrest warrant was issued.

I've said it before, and sadly will probably say it again, attacks, especially of a sexual nature, against females just don't have any real importance to what passes for law enforcement in this country.

• Like 2

5 months to execute an arrest warrant on a man charged with rape! And they consider that 'swift'.

FFS How bad to the Royal Thai police have to be before someone in authority says enough is enough and sorts them out once and for all.............Oh silly me I forgot it suits the corrupt politicians etc who COULD sort this out to have a p*ss poor inefficient investigative department after all wouldn't want someone competent investigating their corruption and rocking the boat.

• Like 2