The "Ashes" 2021/22

Smithydog

21 hours ago, BigHewer said:

I was wondering what that song had to do with cricket. Then the penny dropped πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Depends on which side you're on. I'm proud of my fellas so "Take me to the top" is most appropriate. For England it would be a dirge of sorts. I imagine that the knives will be out when the English players return home and all sorts of ridicule awaits them. But for me I'm all smiles as we can have a crack at top test side after all the hard work.

Paki's and Sri Lankans next.

• Like 1

I was watching BT Sports talking about the results. I thought Mark Butcher made some good comments in asking why countries like New Zealand, the current world test champions, can produce players that also play white ball cricket equally well with the limited resources they have.

He seemed to think it was worthwhile understanding their structures as they are doing far better with far less.

• Like 1

Just a quick thank you to all who have participated in the thread. Our interest in the sport unites us even though at times we may be on different sides.

Shout you all a beer when I see you as was always the way when I used to play. No differences after the game, just all enjoying a quiet beer (or a few) and the comradery that sport brings.

Thank You

Smithdog.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Smithydog said:

Just a quick thank you to all who have participated in the thread. Our interest in the sport unites us even though at times we may be on different sides.

Shout you all a beer when I see you as was always the way when I used to play. No differences after the game, just all enjoying a quiet beer (or a few) and the comradery that sport brings.

Thank You

Smithdog.

Thank you for kicking off a great thread Smithydog. Looking forward to the next one. Perhaps the World 2020 in October? Fixtures due out tomorrow…