News Forum - Tourism Minister: maybe we should’ve confirmed Lisa first

Thaiger

And even after the Government was slapped and rejected by the young generation Thai wonder they are still unnerved and callous. Well they will probably have to choose a performer who is pro them and what they protect. Maybe Carabao?

• Haha 1

If they want to draw in a big crowd against all their Covid rules. Scrap paying massive appearance fees to celebrities nobody really wants use the money to lay on free food that they can pay the locals to provide.

Have some local bands and a decent DJ, some beautiful dancing girls job done.

In other words put the massive amount of money they want to spend into the pockets of the locals and not further line the pockets of the already rich...

• Like 4

My only response is to say 🤣  - and to anyone that thought this debacle would ever go ahead, please learn the lesson and apply it next time. 

I will add that my Thgai wife did think it would happen and is disappointed Lisa said no.  But as I pointed out Lisa is in a 'group' and the group management decides where they will 'play' on new years day 2022 and she has no choice. And I am sure there is seriously big bucks on offer from inside Korea or even Japan for what would be a spectacular new year's event given the last one was 2019 (if it goes ahead). 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wooski said:

only bar girls, teenagers and druggies care about k pop. what a useless genre of 'music' .... even hip hop is better.

Ey up, in my day we ad reet good bands we did like Rolling Stones and that.

Hang on @wooski it seems you have suddenly put on a Northern English accent and are doing the Monty Python sketch of "Four Yorkshire-men", where they had become old and were reminiscing about the old days.

One of the signs of age is putting down the current style of music. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Leave Bocelli alone, he's a great entertainer especially when paired with a female stunner.

Funfact I used to do catering in DC and he performed a Xmas concert there, with others....nice guy

He has a personal handler and she is drop dead gorgeous, as one would expect...too bad Mr B is unable to see her.....Billy Joel would drink a whole bottle of wine before a show and his piano rotated....Coldplay are all vegan and have a private chef and bring a masseuse, also have a ping pong table as I swiped the ball after.

Jonathan from Korn was a baby and wouldnt come out of the bus until I went and got him wheatgrass juice

U2 had massive setup and security, Bono is super tiny in real life...Bon Jovi has 2 side stages for hot girls

Edited by PapayaBokBok
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, AussieBob said:

My only response is to say 🤣  - and to anyone that thought this debacle would ever go ahead, please learn the lesson and apply it next time. 

I will add that my Thgai wife did think it would happen and is disappointed Lisa said no.  But as I pointed out Lisa is in a 'group' and the group management decides where they will 'play' on new years day 2022 and she has no choice. And I am sure there is seriously big bucks on offer from inside Korea or even Japan for what would be a spectacular new year's event given the last one was 2019 (if it goes ahead). 

Correct....as the thai boys think she would drop everything to rush to BKK to appease them..nope....and I BET he would have NEVER admitted his mistake if she didnt have a HUGE following to call him out on his BS...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

And even after the Government was slapped and rejected by the young generation Thai wonder they are still unnerved and callous. Well they will probably have to choose a performer who is pro them and what they protect. Maybe Carabao?

Is Ted Nugent available--Im sure the thais love Wango Tango...

• Like 1

This all has a feeling of the announcement a few years back that Bangkok would be hosting one of the Formula 1 races. In the end, Vietnam made more progress until Covid came along and killed that plan off. But never mind, at least it was a distraction for a week to ten days and bought the Thai Government a bit more time. All of this smoke and mirrors is exactly that. 

We will open on November 1st without quarantine so don’t worry, the end is in sight. 

Well maybe not the 1st as still not got systems up and running properly, but dont worry by 15th November the place will be buzzing.

Now it’s not 100% quarantine free but it’s almost, so bear with us a little longer  

Well we know it won’t be buzzing because nightlife isn’t open and no alcohol at the moment. 

But wait, we are going to open alcohol come the 1st in some locations. 

Well not locations as such. We meant Restaurants only.

Actually not all restaurants, but we are reviewing things so hold tight.

In the meantime you can all enjoy Loy Kratong.

Well maybe not ALL of you, only in blue zones maybe. But don’t worry, New Years celebrations will be great with Lisa and that I-Talian guy, what’s-his-name

well ok Lisa can’t make it even though she’d love to come. But the Italian is on his way. 

Well maybe he’s not but never mind 79% of people have had a first vaccine and 50% double, so the nightmare is nearly over. 

Ok, we know it’s January before it’s all sorted but don’t worry, Chinese New Year in Feb will bring in millions of tourists and billions of baht. Nightmare is soon over. 

Oh ok, Chinese can’t travel, but don’t get down about life. Soon be Songkran. And look how well that went in 2021. The end is in sight 

And on and on and on it goes….

Its a Masterclass in Propaganda. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, wooski said:

only bar girls, teenagers and druggies care about k pop. what a useless genre of 'music' .... even hip hop is better.

Agree.  But not RAP!  Rap is Crap in the key of C.  I remember when I was much younger and my parents did not like our 'modern music' - but at least it was music - and it was 'positive' about life. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A Blues Festival would go go down well in Phuket, great success in the past, there is even lots of local musicians who can play the Blues

Why not have something that when broadcast live can be enjoyed by all Thais and others across Thailand at NY rather than something that appeals either to the few foreigners in Phuket or the "special ones" who deem they are more important than anybody else and no doubt were/was the main instigator(s) of this TAT expensive farce ?

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

Agree.  But not RAP!  Rap is Crap in the key of C.  I remember when I was much younger and my parents did not like our 'modern music' - but at least it was music - and it was 'positive' about life. 

Don't hold back Bob, let it all out .... LOL.

Lisa has nice legs ... 😆

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bob20 said:

BP reports that Bocelli hasn't signed yet either...

That will be some party with our neighbour Pete solo on the tambourine! 🤣

I can bring my guitar, too. For any else is capt Thamanat responsible  🤣🤣🤣😅

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 4:59 PM, Dr.Sivada said:

I’m gonna have Dalai Lama at my birthday party this year. Everyone is welcome. 

Then I will make a full moon party at Koh Samui with Elvis Presley on the stage every one can come 😅

4 hours ago, Soidog said:

This all has a feeling of the announcement a few years back that Bangkok would be hosting one of the Formula 1 races. In the end, Vietnam made more progress until Covid came along and killed that plan off. But never mind, at least it was a distraction for a week to ten days and bought the Thai Government a bit more time. All of this smoke and mirrors is exactly that. 

We will open on November 1st without quarantine so don’t worry, the end is in sight. 

Well maybe not the 1st as still not got systems up and running properly, but dont worry by 15th November the place will be buzzing.

Now it’s not 100% quarantine free but it’s almost, so bear with us a little longer  

Well we know it won’t be buzzing because nightlife isn’t open and no alcohol at the moment. 

But wait, we are going to open alcohol come the 1st in some locations. 

Well not locations as such. We meant Restaurants only.

Actually not all restaurants, but we are reviewing things so hold tight.

In the meantime you can all enjoy Loy Kratong.

Well maybe not ALL of you, only in blue zones maybe. But don’t worry, New Years celebrations will be great with Lisa and that I-Talian guy, what’s-his-name

well ok Lisa can’t make it even though she’d love to come. But the Italian is on his way. 

Well maybe he’s not but never mind 79% of people have had a first vaccine and 50% double, so the nightmare is nearly over. 

Ok, we know it’s January before it’s all sorted but don’t worry, Chinese New Year in Feb will bring in millions of tourists and billions of baht. Nightmare is soon over. 

Oh ok, Chinese can’t travel, but don’t get down about life. Soon be Songkran. And look how well that went in 2021. The end is in sight 

And on and on and on it goes….

Its a Masterclass in Propaganda. 

Masterclass in being totally disorganised and useless. 

Remember the Moto GP event that was definitely going ahead - but of course it didnt.  But unlike other countries where their MotoGP aces were cancelled well ahead, it was not until extremely late that Thailand accepted that it would not go ahead (refunds given - hell no!). 

Accountability is the problem - there is no accountability in Thailand. Mai Pen Rai.

5 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Masterclass in being totally disorganised and useless. 

Remember the Moto GP event that was definitely going ahead - but of course it didnt.  But unlike other countries where their MotoGP aces were cancelled well ahead, it was not until extremely late that Thailand accepted that it would not go ahead (refunds given - hell no!). 

Accountability is the problem - there is no accountability in Thailand. Mai Pen Rai.

Some never have learned to be a adult especially the ones who are in charge now. Behaviour like little kids, Clowns and some just stupid like hell. And for the adult world unbelievable that such dumb heads could be in charge to manage a country where no company would give them any job because responsibility, skills and competence is demanded and not dumb Cliwns like them.

22 hours ago, Wasminbe said:

Still confused about the choice of Broccoli, as Dr.Savida calls him. They could have saved a few bucks and tried to recruit Susan Boyle.-Would probably draw in the same type of people

Sounds legit to me. Would’ve sound nice if Lisa did attend

6 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Funfact I used to do catering in DC and he performed a Xmas concert there, with others....nice guy

He has a personal handler and she is drop dead gorgeous, as one would expect...too bad Mr B is unable to see her.....Billy Joel would drink a whole bottle of wine before a show and his piano rotated....Coldplay are all vegan and have a private chef and bring a masseuse, also have a ping pong table as I swiped the ball after.

Jonathan from Korn was a baby and wouldnt come out of the bus until I went and got him wheatgrass juice

U2 had massive setup and security, Bono is super tiny in real life...Bon Jovi has 2 side stages for hot girls

Ok prepare the 2 side stages for hot girls I will come with my guitar and play.

8 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Is Ted Nugent available--Im sure the thais love Wango Tango...

And probably behind the scenes the fatheads do too! 

Not his job to confirm with pop stars, pretty sure it's something GRAMMY should do, or where they called. Every ministry put their nose into others business. Of cause it's normal for Thailand. 

2 hours ago, Stardust said:

Ok prepare the 2 side stages for hot girls I will come with my guitar and play.

If they pay me with a PR or Citizenship then I will be the bass player back up singer and will also front some songs.

11 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

If they pay me with a PR or Citizenship then I will be the bass player back up singer and will also front some songs.

Ok then we only need a drummer and NYE is saved.