News Forum - Tourism Minister: maybe we should’ve confirmed Lisa first

Thaiger

In a rare apology from the government, Minister of Tourism and Sports Pipat Ratchakitprakan says they announced that Blackpink megastar Lisa would play a New Year’s event without considering any details (like if she was available or interested). After the bold announcement of a massive countdown party to call global attention to Thailand reopening to tourism, multiple government agencies and figures announced a blockbuster concert with opera star Andrea Bocelli and record-breaking K-Pop superstar Lisa. But in a statement issued yesterday by South Korea’s YG Entertainment, they said essentially, “thanks for the offer, but no,” confirming that Buri Ram native […]

The story Tourism Minister: maybe we should’ve confirmed Lisa first as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

15 minutes ago, Dr.Sivada said:

I’m gonna have Dalai Lama at my birthday party this year. Everyone is welcome. 

Maybe I'll come.

Not signing any contracts though 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

"maybe we should’ve confirmed Lisa first"

Maybe they should have done a lot of things...

Yeah like keeping their tanks parked up back in 2014. The country would be a much better place without them all...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Once again bad planning and mismanagement about 8 weeks only from NYE...and an elderly opera singer to cash in ???

Is there nobody competant in charge of any thing..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Johno said:

Once again bad planning and mismanagement about 8 weeks only from NYE...and an elderly opera singer to cash in ???

Is there nobody competant in charge of any thing..

No.

(That wasn't rhetorical was it?)

"Many are still baffled by the choice and question how many opera fans are around Phuket and whether even arguably the biggest star of the genre would draw a sizable crowd to a New Year’s party."

Is a sizable crowd possible then? I thought parties in apartments with 6 or more people was the worst crime during Covid. 

Example of how the Thais in charge THINK that it would be a privilege and honor to be accepted to come or preform in Thailand......they have this image in their minds of thailand #1...has been a wake up call for them

Yet they carry on with the "Illusion" if not for face and their delicate fragile egos...which keep them 3rd world

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

"Many are still baffled by the choice and question how many opera fans are around Phuket and whether even arguably the biggest star of the genre would draw a sizable crowd to a New Year’s party."

Is a sizable crowd possible then? I thought parties in apartments with 6 or more people was the worst crime during Covid. 

Actually, to illustrate your point a bit further, Broccoli is not considered a classically trained opera singer. His technique is not suitable for proper projection in the opera house (no chest voice). When you sit at the rear rows in the house and he sings without microphone/amplification he cannot be heard. In fact, most serious opera fans that regularly attend operatic performances usually have a degree of disdain for him. I would categorize him more or less in the same niche as Sarah Brightman. In short what I am trying to say is, I agree, definitely not a mainstream choice and the crowd will be small even if it happens. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Dr.Sivada said:

Actually, to illustrate your point a bit further, Broccoli is not considered a classically trained opera singer. His technique is not suitable for proper projection in the opera house (no chest voice). When you sit at the rear rows in the house and he sings without microphone/amplification he cannot be heard. In fact, most serious opera fans that regularly attend operatic performances usually have a degree of disdain for him. I would categorize him more or less in the same niche as Sarah Brightman. In short what I am trying to say is, I agree, definitely not a mainstream choice and the crowd will be small even if it happens. 

Thais are suckers for branded stuff. Look at number of copies sold on the street

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

It just goes to show, Minister.....don't hatch your chickens before they can count!

It just shows how stupid he is and can you imagine you would do such a job in a company or in any developed country. Outside of Thailand such incompetent Clowns wouldnt get any job or positions. I guess on his low level of IQ he even doesn't understand the word skills or competent. 

• Like 1

Still confused about the choice of Broccoli, as Dr.Savida calls him. They could have saved a few bucks and tried to recruit Susan Boyle.-Would probably draw in the same type of people

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Wasminbe said:

Still confused about the choice of Broccoli, as Dr.Savida calls him. They could have saved a few bucks and tried to recruit Susan Boyle.-Would probably draw in the same type of people

Maybe their was a weight limit for on stage appearances 😂

2 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Leave Bocelli alone, he's a great entertainer especially when paired with a female stunner.

You mean like some of the ones in @Chaimai pin-up thread ? Ah see we you are coming from now 😆, or have I got hold of the wrong end of the stick again 😉

Give Toon Bodyslam the gig.

He ran the length of the country and raised tens of millions for public hospitals.

Maybe ask him first before making an announcement.

• Like 2

Just now, Changnam43 said:

Give Toon Bodyslam the gig.

He ran the length of the country and raised tens of millions for public hospitals.

Maybe ask him first before making an announcement.

They have probably never heard of him in TAT

50 minutes ago, Wasminbe said:

Hey if sexy Susan is going to be there then sign me up.

• Haha 1