T20 Cricket World Cup

Smithydog

6 hours ago, BigHewer said:

England have won. Does this mean it’s my shout for our next two beers, @mickkotlarski? 🍻

Well there was 2 good games last night and being English of course I am glad England one but for me the first game was far more gripping, edge of the seat stuff. Due to the Ozzies losing wickets early the excitement was just not there after their innings as it was almost a fore gone conclusion. But hey up we have India v NZ tonight which should be a cracker.

6 hours ago, BigHewer said:

England have won. Does this mean it’s my shout for our next two beers, @mickkotlarski? 🍻

Very tempting to say yes but there is still a lot of cricket left.🤣

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, gummy said:

Well there was 2 good games last night and being English of course I am glad England one but for me the first game was far more gripping, edge of the seat stuff. Due to the Ozzies losing wickets early the excitement was just not there after their innings as it was almost a fore gone conclusion. But hey up we have India v NZ tonight which should be a cracker.

I only saw the second half of the SA chase. What a great game. Was getting score updates for the second because I was watching something else, but seemed like a one-sided affair. 

13 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Afghanistan and India tonight. If @mickkotlarskidisagrees on either count, I have have a chance to win back one of those beers 🍻😁

whilst it would be good for the Afghans to win.  Also I guess the money is on India

7 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Afghanistan and India tonight. If @mickkotlarskidisagrees on either count, I have have a chance to win back one of those beers 🍻😁

Absolutely!! Unfortunately we are in total agreement. I think the Kiwis will give India a run for their money (possibly) but we shall endeavor to seek coming rounds and continue our friendly quest for free beer.

Enjoy the cricket BH.

• Like 1

It has been a cracking competition so far and I dont see that changing.

I think Afghanistan v India could be a close game. Think India will edge it though (no pun intended).

You will understand the physical pain it causes me to say this but England look very good. 

So after a few games, this is how I think at this stage the 2 groups will pan out.

Group 1

1st England

2nd Australia

Group 2

1st Pakistan

2nd India

India to beat England and Australia to beat Pakistan. Australia to stun India in the final and win the T20 World Cup.

Now pinch me and wake me up!

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, gummy said:

Well there was 2 good games last night and being English of course I am glad England one but for me the first game was far more gripping, edge of the seat stuff. Due to the Ozzies losing wickets early the excitement was just not there after their innings as it was almost a fore gone conclusion. 

Wasn't it nice for the Poms for Australia to come along and give Jos Butler that boost to his form that he needed! 71 off 32. Great batting.

Love watching him bat.

1 minute ago, Smithydog said:

Wasn't it nice for the Poms for Australia to come along and give Jos Butler that boost to his form that he needed! 71 off 32. Great batting.

Love watching him bat.

We just need Eoin Morgan to be given a similar boost in the next game 😄

23 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

It has been a cracking competition so far and I dont see that changing.

I think Afghanistan v India could be a close game. Think India will edge it though (no pun intended).

You will understand the physical pain it causes me to say this but England look very good. 

My bad @Rookiescot: Afghanistan and India are my tips, they are not playing each other.

Afghanistan vs Namibia 

India vs New Zealand

4 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

My bad @Rookiescot: Afghanistan and India are my tips, they are not playing each other.

Afghanistan vs Namibia 

India vs New Zealand

Ah I had not checked todays games before I posted.

In that case I will wager a cyber pint upon Afghanistan and India to win.

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Ah I had not checked todays games before I posted.

In that case I will wager a cyber pint upon Afghanistan and India to win.

We’re on the same page on both counts so unfortunately no wager tonight 🍻😎

• Like 1

Afghanistan were off to a steady start against Namibia. Batting first they are 103 for 3 in the 15th over. Were going well but lost the wicket of Hazratullah Zazai who was leading the way.

Nice touch by the Namibia team. Guard of Honour to the crease for Asghar Afghan, the former Afghanistan skipper who announced his retirement today from all forms of cricket effective apparently after this game.

Great sportsmanship showed!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, BigHewer said:

oh dear. Should have gone with my gut feeling and picked the Kiwis. Didn't think it would be such a decisive win though.

Losses to Pakistan and now New Zealand has put India into a very bad position. Great win by the Kiwis who dominated the game. Afghanistan easily accounted for Namibia and scored a big boost to their net run rate as well.

As Pakistan and New Zealand have also played each other, and Afghanistan having such a good net run rate, India needs other teams to lose have any chance of qualifying! Not a good position to be in and the Indian team has been savaged today in the media and on social media.

To me, this makes England the clear outright favourites now.

Tonight we are back to Group 1 action as England look to consolidate their top place against Sri Lanka.

• Like 2

England should win, but Sri Lanka will give them a shake. Agreed, England have to clear favorites now, Pakistan and NZ dark horses.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

England should win, but Sri Lanka will give them a shake. Agreed, England have to clear favorites now, Pakistan and NZ dark horses.

Certainly looking that way. Still backing the Poms. Should England continue this good form they'll get the shiny hunk of metal deservedly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smithydog said:

Losses to Pakistan and now New Zealand has put India into a very bad position. Great win by the Kiwis who dominated the game. Afghanistan easily accounted for Namibia and scored a big boost to their net run rate as well.

As Pakistan and New Zealand have also played each other, and Afghanistan having such a good net run rate, India needs other teams to lose have any chance of qualifying! Not a good position to be in and the Indian team has been savaged today in the media and on social media.

To me, this makes England the clear outright favourites now.

Tonight we are back to Group 1 action as England look to consolidate their top place against Sri Lanka.

Agreed.

15 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Still did all right Poolie, still did all right. 

BH...I'm thinking we'll both give Pakistan the nod for today's games but if the fridge is to be further stocked I'm saying that South Africa will come out on top against Bangers. Should be close though.