T20 Cricket World Cup

Smithydog

3 minutes ago, Poolie said:

England v NZ and Pakistan v Australia anybody. England v Pakistan for the final? Sorry antipodeans!!

It is the most likely scenario. Pakistan is in good form, especially their batters and are all round a far better led team in Babar Azam than we have sent in recent times when they have tended to fall down in crucial times in big matches.

Australia have improved as the tournament went on but lack a level of consistency apart from the form of Adam Zampa who has been bowling very well. Both sides have the capability to build big scores and restrict the other side, so It will be an interesting match. 

England are a fine team and on most days have the firepower to overcome New Zealand in my opinion. I haven't heard how Jason Roy is and his loss will be felt. But I never write off the ability of any Kiwi side to spring a surprise. They have done so many a time and especially on the big stage.

With the form of sides, tipping a England Vs Pakistan final but hoping for other results. For Pakistan, they are so familiar with the grounds, having had them being their virtual "home" grounds with sides not touring Pakistan itself because of security concerns. England are simply at the peak of their powers as a T20 side and filled with individual match winners.

All 3 remaining games, despite the outcomes, have the potential to be great and hard fought games!

So much depends on the toss in these games, but I agree that talent should win the day. England have that well down the order.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Thinking we might be headed to an Australia vs England final 🏏

Let’s hope so anyway!

Despite the rivalry I've always had a soft spot for my fellow ANZACS. However like yourself I believe an Australia England final would be a fitting Final. With all this mutual thought by 2 nil lead in the beer department is but a figure as I would gladly shout you to lunch dinner and a hearty session on the piss.

Although the Ashes are coming up and some good natured banter as always.

Be 2 close games between 4 in form sides.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

With all this mutual thought by 2 nil lead in the beer department is but a figure as I would gladly shout you to lunch dinner and a hearty session on the piss.

Although the Ashes are coming up and some good natured banter as always.

I’m looking ahead to the Ashes Mick as a chance to reduce that deficit 🍻

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BigHewer said:

I’m looking ahead to the Ashes Mick as a chance to reduce that deficit 🍻

With Ben Stokes in the side it'll be fireworks. No news on the Aussie so the selectors are debating. Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigHewer said:

10 minutes till showtime folks. Go England and Australia!

Well England bat first, lost two to injury. I'm not so confident now that the final will be Eng v Aus but fingers crossed they can overcome NZs bowling attack.

1 minute ago, gummy said:

Well England bat first, lost two to injury. I'm not so confident now that the final will be Eng v Aus but fingers crossed they can overcome NZs bowling attack.

Have no doubt Gummy, England prevails!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

1-53 BH off 8 overs not a flyer but good start for the Pommies. Still lots of batting in the shed. Buttler's looking serious here, could be a big innings if the lad keeps focus.

1 minute ago, mickkotlarski said:

1-53 BH off 8 overs not a flyer but good start for the Pommies. Still lots of batting in the shed. Buttler's looking serious here, could be a big innings if the lad keeps focus.

for 2 now

3 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Well! Who would have guessed it. Amazing game of cricket. Daryl Mitchell's innings was outstanding. Still surprised as I thought England were the tournament's glamour side. Commiserations BH, I really thought you fellas would be champs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mickkotlarski said:

Well! Who would have guessed it. Amazing game of cricket. Daryl Mitchell's innings was outstanding. Still surprised as I thought England were the tournament's glamour side. Commiserations BH, I really thought you fellas would be champs.

I think the impact of losing two of their key players had more of an impact to the team then predicted, they didn't seem to have that killer batting instinct. Yes the NZ bowlers were good, but something was missing in the side, even when the cameras panned round to the players, just didn't look the same England to me. Anyway well done NZ and lets hope Australia prevail over the Pakistanis tonight.

Well that was a surprise, but congrats to the Kiwis on a stunning comeback. Do think England suffered badly with not having Jason Roy to help build a start and then also loosing Tymal Mills who has bowled well at the end. The side just seemed unbalanced in some way and vulnerable at the worst possible time.

Neesham showed his capability and the win will give some satisfaction to the Kiwis, especially how they missed out on a one day World Cup in an unfortunate manner.

Should be a good match tonight. 

• Like 1

Decent innings from England, but they never really hit top gear despite getting 167. Well done to the Kiwis, they look like a pretty good side.

Onto tonight then. Should be a good game, let’s hope the Aussies can win and set up an Anzac Derby in the final.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gummy said:

I think the impact of losing two of their key players had more of an impact to the team then predicted, they didn't seem to have that killer batting instinct. Yes the NZ bowlers were good, but something was missing in the side, even when the cameras panned round to the players, just didn't look the same England to me. Anyway well done NZ and lets hope Australia prevail over the Pakistanis tonight.

A lot of truth in this. Take away one or two critical  players and its a different team even if the replacements are themselves good quality.

Could it be that my joking statement of a Kiwi-Paki final comes true? The Pakistan coach is Matty Hayden and our coach Justin Langer partnered up with him to make one of crickets greatest all time opening batsmen.

Funny game cricket. India bombed out as did a skilled South Africa and the tournaments top side is also out.

Be another good game tonight.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Could it be that my joking statement of a Kiwi-Paki final comes true? The Pakistan coach is Matty Hayden and our coach Justin Langer partnered up with him to make one of crickets greatest all time opening batsmen.

Missed chance to go 4 up on the beer ledger, Mick 😁🍻

Looking forward to a good game tonight.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Missed chance to go 4 up on the beer ledger, Mick 😁🍻

Looking forward to a good game tonight.

Bit nervy as the Pakis are undefeated. Looking forward to it though.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Here we go folks. I’m watching on Willow TV. Gee I miss Richie Benaud. What a legend.

Come on the Aussies!

Cant watch, still sulking.

• Haha 1

Yes….what a finish….6,6,6!!
The dream comes true as Australia joins New Zealand in the final. You beauty! 😀😀

Two great finishes to the Semi-Finals and let’s hope we see a great Final come Sunday.

Well done the Aussies. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Smithydog said:

Yes….what a finish….6,6,6!!
The dream comes true as Australia joins New Zealand in the final. You beauty! 😀😀

Two great finishes to the Semi-Finals and let’s hope we see a great Final come Sunday.

Well done the Aussies. 

Truly a great finish. Not for the faint at heart. Looking forward to the Final. Nice to see an all ANZAC affair.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Here we go folks. I’m watching on Willow TV. Gee I miss Richie Benaud. What a legend.

Come on the Aussies!

I miss him as well. Brilliant and fair commentator. He truly is missed by many.

• Like 1