T20 Cricket World Cup

Smithydog

England making short work of Bangladesh, the big one later will be Scotland vs. Namibia. Will Namibia continue the fairytale or will the Scots bounce back?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

England making short work of Bangladesh, the big one later will be Scotland vs. Namibia. Will Namibia continue the fairytale or will the Scots bounce back?

At only a wicket down and RR nearly 7.7 per over I have to agree but after my last effort I'll hold back on making a prediction even an obvious one like this. But do keep an eye on Liam Livingstone. He was brilliant batting for the Perth Scorchers last Aussie summer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

At only a wicket down and RR nearly 7.7 per over I have to agree but after my last effort I'll hold back on making a prediction even an obvious one like this. But do keep an eye on Liam Livingstone. He was brilliant batting for the Perth Scorchers last Aussie summer.

If Roy gets going, he might not get a bat. Anyway, this game is getting a bit of life into it. England need to play for NRR so they’ll go for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigHewer said:

If Roy gets going, he might not get a bat. Anyway, this game gets a bit of life into it. England need to play for NRR so they’ll go for it.

going well so far

24 minutes ago, gummy said:

going well so far

61 off 38 balls is better than going well. Anyway 11 runs of 41 deliveries. Unless the batsmen and rest of the team suddenly suffered heart attacks simultaneously. Game's all over bar the shouting.

2 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

61 off 38 balls is better than going well. Anyway 11 runs of 41 deliveries. Unless the batsmen and rest of the team suddenly suffered heart attacks simultaneously. Game's all over bar the shouting.

its over now

5 minutes ago, gummy said:

its over now

Yep! That is why England is an obvious favourite. They'll be hard to beat.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gummy said:

its over now

England dominant, but the three hardest games to come. I actually think finishing second in the group would be better, in order to avoid India in the semis. We’ll see. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Scotland 3 down for 2 runs after 1 over. Dear oh deary me…

Well, they should stick to curling, they are very good at that  😂

11 hours ago, BigHewer said:

England dominant, but the three hardest games to come. I actually think finishing second in the group would be better, in order to avoid India in the semis. We’ll see. 

Agreed. With Pakistan beating both India and New Zealand, likely they are heading towards a finish in first place. Places great emphasis on the India vs New Zealand game now as well. 

Last night England (126/2) beat Bangladesh (124/9) boosting their net run rate further. A six from Smit of the first ball of the final over took Namibia (115/6) to a classy finish over Scotland (109/8).

Tonight Sri Lanka plays Australia.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

West Indies vs Bangladesh tonight, followed by Pakistan vs Afghanistan. Interested especially to see how the Afghans get on.

Its a bit of a do or die for WI/Bangla  so maybe it could turn out a good match WI free hitters v Bangladesh bowlers. Looking forward to it.

On 10/28/2021 at 8:07 AM, Smithydog said:

Agreed. With Pakistan beating both India and New Zealand, likely they are heading towards a finish in first place. Places great emphasis on the India vs New Zealand game now as well. 

Last night England (126/2) beat Bangladesh (124/9) boosting their net run rate further. A six from Smit of the first ball of the final over took Namibia (115/6) to a classy finish over Scotland (109/8).

Tonight Sri Lanka plays Australia.

Aussies v Sri Lanka....Bring it on

Aussies v the Poms....Oh bollocks.

Still think England are the team to beat and India will hit form.

Gotta love the T20 world cup.

• Like 1

Pretty modest total by the Windies, 142/7 off their 20 overs. Let’s see what the Tigers can do. I think they’re in with a good chance.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Pretty modest total by the Windies, 142/7 off their 20 overs. Let’s see what the Tigers can do. I think they’re in with a good chance.

BH...2 big games tonight. Oz v Poms and Lankans v Boks. Any predictions?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mickkotlarski said:

BH...2 big games tonight. Oz v Poms and Lankans v Boks. Any predictions?

I’d say the Aussies and the Lankans. Warner seems to have hit form and that Zampa fella looks the business. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

I’d say the Aussies and the Lankans. Warner seems to have hit form and that Zampa fella looks the business. 

We'll soon find out. Ironically I think England and South Africa will prevail. Unpatriotic as it is but the Poms are looking good even if Davey Warner's in good nick.

17 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

We'll soon find out. Ironically I think England and South Africa will prevail. Unpatriotic as it is but the Poms are looking good even if Davey Warner's in good nick.

I seem to go 50/50 every double header. I wonder which game I’ll be wrong on tonight?

2 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

I seem to go 50/50 every double header. I wonder which game I’ll be wrong on tonight?

We'll soon see. Could be a case of buying eachother a round anf having a good laugh.😆

10 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

@mickkotlarski 1-0 @BigHewer

A thriller, but SA came home.. just. Onto England vs the Aussies…

Cracking game and the next is another beauty. Still think my unpatriotic call will see us each buying a round.

Either way love this comp. Talk later bro. Enjoy the game.

• Like 1