Taliban vows no revenge, less restrictions on women this time

Thaiger

Who would believe these statements.  It will soon be open season on women, pro govt supporters and the non believers.  Sad state of affairs for Afghanistan.  Just when you thought America could not create another Vietnam they have done just that.  America is a paper tiger under Dementia Joe.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, billywillyjones said:

Who would believe these statements.  It will soon be open season on women, pro govt supporters and the non believers.  Sad state of affairs for Afghanistan.  Just when you thought America could not create another Vietnam they have done just that.  America is a paper tiger under Dementia Joe.

But they did create another Vietnam previously - remember Iraq ? It was the US destroying them that allowed the IS to sweep in, Well done America you have allowed the Talban to sweep in too. And for all those Trump sycophants, please tell me the president responsible for starting  the Iraq debacle, Seem to recall it was just another Republican war monger but I may be wrong, so yes Joe Biden is the perfect excuse whom those Trump supporters can blame for this current fiasco but don't forget the politics of Presidents past who were responsible for starting them. ?

14 hours ago, Stonker said:

Thanks - extraordinary.

Apparently the heat from the cabling in the wheel well kept him alive, which wouldn't apply here, though.

Still amazing, as well as the lengths people who are desperate will go to.

Thanks - appreciated.

Youre welcome 

Theres a whole list of them here 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wheel-well_stowaway_flights

"How those wheel-well stowaways who have survived have done so is a question scientists have not yet been able to answer. "Something happens that we don't understand" says one. Dr. Stephen Véronneau, a research medical officer at FAA’s Civil Aerospace Medical Institute, described as the world's foremost expert on the phenomenon, wrote in a 1996 paper for the FAA that he believes humans, when placed in an environment that overwhelms the body's ability to control its own temperature, become poikilothermic and "a state somewhat reminscent of hibernation occurs, during which the body's requirement for oxygen is greatly diminished"

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, gummy said:

But they did create another Vietnam previously - remember Iraq ? It was the US destroying them that allowed the IS to sweep in, Well done America you have allowed the Talban to sweep in too. And for all those Trump sycophants, please tell me the president responsible for starting  the Iraq debacle, Seem to recall it was just another Republican war monger but I may be wrong, so yes Joe Biden is the perfect excuse whom those Trump supporters can blame for this current fiasco but don't forget the politics of Presidents past who were responsible for starting them. ?

Yeah agreed Gummy mate Republicans Presidents stated wars to but with the rise of IS in Iraq Gen Lloyd Austin was Obama's Commander on the ground when those mistakes that enabled the rise of IS and low and behold he's now US Secretary of Defense under Bjing Biden and he seems to be lacking morale courage to do the right thing on this embarrassment.

All I can say Gummy mate it's a good we Brits had the morale courage and not vote Jeremy (Cat Weasel) Corbyn in power  other wise we'd be in chac state now the same as the US mate.

Moral of the story if you want strong Countries don't vote for left wing gender benders.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, billywillyjones said:

FFS, knock off the foolish rhetoric. The former president put the withdrawal in motion, Biden just followed through. The US should never have gone there in the first place, Biden just did the best he could given the shit sandwich he was served.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

47 minutes ago, 23RD said:

Yeah agreed Gummy mate Republicans Presidents stated wars to but with the rise of IS in Iraq Gen Lloyd Austin was Obama's Commander on the ground when those mistakes that enabled the rise of IS and low and behold he's now US Secretary of Defense under Bjing Biden and he seems to be lacking morale courage to do the right thing on this embarrassment.

All I can say Gummy mate it's a good we Brits had the morale courage and not vote Jeremy (Cat Weasel) Corbyn in power  other wise we'd be in chac state now the same as the US mate.

Moral of the story if you want strong Countries don't vote for left wing gender benders.

Yes, much better to vote in a few Etonian toffs who know how to blag holidays and get their abode decorated on the cheap. Plus those fine parliamentarians Raab, Patel, Williams, Shapps, and not forgetting, hands, space, my place Hancock. 

• Haha 2
  • Cool 1

27 minutes ago, billyburi said:

Yes, much better to vote in a few Etonian toffs who know how to blag holidays and get their abode decorated on the cheap. Plus those fine parliamentarians Raab, Patel, Williams, Shapps, and not forgetting, hands, space, my place Hancock. 

Yes billy definitely better to have voted for those Toffs (who I despise more than you do) that to vote for Steptoe who had a plan do bin my beloved Armed forces  and give the money to Social Projects and open the Countries borders (if they weren't open enough already) to the population of the 3rd World to sponge off the UK taxpayers. 

36 minutes ago, billyburi said:

Yes, Raab ..... so busy enjoying his family holiday in Greece that he refused to contact his opposite in number in Afghanistan for two days as he had better things to do ..... God Almighty .....

My politics put me right of Genghis Khan, but the UK's politicians going back a couple of decades makes me wonder if there isn't a better alternative .....

.....then I look at the US and closer to what I now call home .....

• Cool 2

9 minutes ago, 23RD said:

Yes billy definitely better to have voted for those Toffs (who I despise more than you do) that to vote for Steptoe who had a plan do bin my beloved Armed forces  and give the money to Social Projects and open the Countries borders (if they weren't open enough already) to the population of the 3rd World to sponge off the UK taxpayers. 

I think we may well be veering off topic again, but Corbyn, if you hadn't noticed, was voted out by his own party.

..... and if the Armed Forces mean so much to you, maybe you need to make yourself rather better informed about who's been in power in the UK over the last five decades  when the Forces have had the best pay rises and T & C's, and when on the other hand they've had the biggest cuts to the defence budget and, in particular, to manpower.

... not that cuts to manpower really matter much, when the military and particularly the Army have become so unattractive to potential recruits that the Army can't even recruit to half the size it was when you joined, despite lowering joining and training standards .....

..... and that's without going into how the British Army's now seen by our allies after the shambles in Basra and the COTK aftermath.

2 hours ago, 23RD said:

Moral of the story if you want strong Countries don't vote for left wing gender benders.

For what it's worth, there are more gay Tory MPs than Labour ones (25 : 21), and that's been the case for a century, although I have no idea what this has to do with the topic and the Taliban.

• Cool 1

13 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I think we may well be veering off topic again, but Corbyn, if you hadn't noticed, was voted out by his own party.

Not quite correct .

After Corbyns Labour lost the 2019 General election , Corbyn stated that he would be stepping down from his position and wouldnt be leading Labour in the next general election and would leave his position as soon as a his replacement was found 

• Cool 1

8 minutes ago, Stonker said:

..... and if the Armed Forces mean so much to you, maybe you need to make yourself rather better informed about who's been in power in the UK over the last five decades  when the Forces have had the best pay rises and T & C's, and when on the other hand they've had the biggest cuts to the defence budget and, in particular, to manpower.

... not that cuts to manpower really matter much, when the military and particularly the Army have become so unattractive to potential recruits that the Army can't even recruit to half the size it was when you joined, despite lowering joining and training standards .....

..... and that's without going into how the British Army's now seen by our allies after the shambles in Basra and the COTK aftermath.

Well Walter being Welsh and the son of a miner I used to be Labour voter until I met Tony Blair in Sierra Leone and after two minutes of talking to Tim Nice But Dim my first through was why is he PM and I'm not so never again did I vote for those Muppets.

As per the standards off the British Army Tom Tugendhat MP nailed it in The Commons the other day when he said until you've fought for the Colours you fly don't criticize those who have.

So Walter you definitely have no right to talk about standards and values of The British Army. 

7 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Not quite correct .

After Corbyns Labour lost the 2019 General election , Corbyn stated that he would be stepping down from his position and wouldnt be leading Labour in the next general election and would leave his position as soon as a his replacement was found 

Corbyn has nothing to do with the subject matter unless you are suggesting he should be dressed as a women and sent to Afghanistan ?😂

4 minutes ago, gummy said:

Corbyn has nothing to do with the subject matter unless you are suggesting he should be dressed as a women and sent to Afghanistan ?😂

He wouldn't look out of place in Afghanistan the scruffy old git 55555 

36 minutes ago, 23RD said:

Well Walter being Welsh and the son of a miner I used to be Labour voter until I met Tony Blair in Sierra Leone and after two minutes of talking to Tim Nice But Dim my first through was why is he PM and I'm not so never again did I vote for those Muppets.

As per the standards off the British Army Tom Tugendhat MP nailed it in The Commons the other day when he said until you've fought for the Colours you fly don't criticize those who have.

So Walter you definitely have no right to talk about standards and values of The British Army. 

Sorry, I'm not going to play your game as I've no interest in swinging the light with someone who thinks they're a "subject matter expert" on counter insurgency when the peak of their military career, according to them, was as a storeman in a minor unit in an under recruited line infantry bn, but as usual you couldn't be wider of the mark.

FWIW, Tom Tugendhat didn't  say what you claim. 

What he actually said, referring to both Biden and the Afghan Army, was "Those who have not fought for the colours they fly should be careful about criticising those who have".

Everyone has a "right to talk about standards and values of the British Army" or any other regardless of whether they've served or not - it would be absurd if it were otherwise, as it would mean that you couldn't criticise the police in Bangkok or anywhere else unless you'd been in the police, or complain about the bin men because they'd left your wheelie bin in the road unless you'd worked on a garbage truck.

Odd that those who think they should be above criticism are all too often those who most deserve it ..... or maybe not.

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

Not quite correct .

You're right - my mistake.

Probably a wise, pre-emptive move and an unusually good decision, though 😊.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Stonker said:

according to them, was as a storeman in a minor unit in an under recruited line infantry bn, but as usual you couldn't be wider of the mark

Storeman in an under recruited line Infantry Battalion?. We have always had strong recruitment Walter as for the stores bit try being a CQMS and an RQMS (T) a very demanding job I much preferred weapons and tactics but CQMS and RQMS are part and parcel of the promotion chain in The Infantry now like my new favourite MP said in The Commons the other day don't criticise what you've never done.

And while I'm here God Bless all the Coalition troops in harm's way today in Kabul Airport there doing a job you never had the bottle to.

7 hours ago, gummy said:

....and quite a few of reflecting historic examples that we could hold up as comparative mirrors.

17 hours ago, gummy said:

"Allowed"?

I think you're understating things a bit - facilitated and caused would be rather more accurate.

19 hours ago, 23RD said:

You consider Biden and Obama "left-wingers"?

Really? 

Oh dear.

That might be your real problem.

Your deeper misunderstanding of things. 

...and your steadfast and deluded military mindset.

1 hour ago, Rain said:

Please don't tar all "military" with the same brush - although, admittedly, those who spent their entire productive working life cocooned by the military do tend to be "deluded" in extremis.

2 hours ago, Rain said:

Really? 

Oh dear.

You're spot on there, @Rain - "left-wingers" in the USA, possibly, but in the UK they'd be on the right-wing of the Conservatives, as they would be in most of the West.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rain said:

Really? 

Oh dear.

Your deeper misunderstanding of things. 

They were/are centrists, plain and simple.

• Cool 1

35 minutes ago, Stonker said:

You're spot on there, @Rain - "left-wingers" in the USA, possibly, but in the UK they'd be on the right-wing of the Conservatives, as they would be in most of the West.

Left Wingers are really far fight fascists who just pretend to be nice lefty liberals ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Left Wingers are really far fight fascists who just pretend to be nice lefty liberals ?

What is a far fight fascist ? Is that a fascist who fights his battles from a long way away ? 😃