Taliban vows no revenge, less restrictions on women this time

Thaiger

51 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

The Taliban are cowards. And they believe in a perverted form of Islam. It has little to nothing to do with the Koran, or the original teachings, and it is likely most of them are not religious anyway, but are in it for the money, the ability to be a heroin dealer without any of the legal consequences, the power, the girls, and the ability to kill, rape, steal or maim at will. That can be a heady amount of power for a young man without much direction in his life, nor any moral our ethical foundation. 

They are now also making huge money by manufacturing and selling crystal meth. Again, no principals, just alot of fake puritanism. However, that supposed ideology does not stop the kidnapping and raping of 13 year old girls. Quite an example of their "faith".

The girl shown in the last photo is a hero, who shot dead some of the Taliban soldiers in her village. Good on her. Nice work. 

Once the Afghan National Security Forces assume sole responsibility for security on September 12, they will also be faced with managing the country's flourishing, and increasingly violent, drug trade. Crystal meth, in particular, is suddenly everywhere in Afghanistan — fueled by the discovery that Om, a weed that grows wild in the mountains, is an excellent source of ephedrine and pseudoephedrine, the drug's key ingredient.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a37320763/taliban-meth-trade-heroin-iraq-iran/

I don't think that its a good idea to post photos of people and state they have killed Taliban . 

• Like 1

Are we sure though that that video of the people hanging on that plane, means what the news says it means? 

Like, no matter how desperate you are, why would you think you could survive hitchhiking on the wing of a plane? Even people in tribes who have never seen a plane, might understand that this will kill you. 

The Taliban is not good, but I think no one in Central Asia and the Middle East seems to like the USA, especially after those leaked videos of them shooting random people from drones. 

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

10 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Are we sure though that that video of the people hanging on that plane, means what the news says it means? 

It seems every news outlet says the same thing, people are desperate, very desperate to get out of Afghanistan.

11 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Like, no matter how desperate you are, why would you think you could survive hitchhiking on the wing of a plane? Even people in tribes who have never seen a plane, might understand that this will kill you. 

That last one is a puzzler and they may not know that it will kill you.  This isn't a country with a sophisticated education system.  Perhaps they think they can hang on for less than the two hours it should take to fly straight from Kabul to Dubai.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

The Taliban is not good, but I think no one in Central Asia and the Middle East seems to like the USA, especially after those leaked videos of them shooting random people from drones. 

What do you think that the video shows ?

27 minutes ago, 23RD said:

No get your facts straight Walter the were mostly random CIVPOP who had breached the Airport perimeter.

Now who do I believe - the news crews and reporters who were there, and the video filmed both inside and outside the aircraft clearly showing the aircrews doing the best job it was humanly possible to do, or the uninformed opinion of some bigot who's got a massive chip on his shoulder about the coalition forces getting their arse kicked?

The aircrews deserve praise for doing an outstanding job under incredibly difficult circumstances, displaying a rare blend of professionalism and compassion, and the idea that they should "face disciplinary action" because they didn't play it by the book is rather sad.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

8 minutes ago, thai3 said:

How are gays and transgenders going to be treated, only thrown off the 4th floor instead of the roof?

Didn't the Americans not bomb all the tall buildings many times over ? so perhaps they will just though them out of a ground floor window now

Just now, gummy said:

Didn't the Americans not bomb all the tall buildings many times over ? so perhaps they will just though them out of a ground floor window now

The price of stones will go up, time to invest?

7 minutes ago, vlad said:

Wonder if the Tallies allow knocking shops.

They all have 4 wifes, no need, historically a motive to conquest- low supply of females due to polygamy

Just now, thai3 said:

The price of stones will go up, time to invest?

Certainly is because the Taliban will need to monitor the collection of stones given its abundance in rare earth minerals which stupidly the American's did not get to extract in the 20 years they were there. Still sweet of them really as they left the weapons, helicopters and drones to the Taliban and the rere earth minerals for the Chinese to go in and negotiate mining rights

2 minutes ago, thai3 said:

They all have 4 wifes, no need, historically a motive to conquest- low supply of females due to polygamy

Not much different to the hisos in Thailand then with their mia nois

28 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

It seems every news outlet says the same thing, people are desperate, very desperate to get out of Afghanistan.

That last one is a puzzler and they may not know that it will kill you.  This isn't a country with a sophisticated education system.  Perhaps they think they can hang on for less than the two hours it should take to fly straight from Kabul to Dubai.

Mostly whatever news there is, is all the same. Sometimes even exactly the same words. But that doesn't mean it's immediately true. So many cases in which this happened. 

Sorry, I don't believe they don't know this. They live in a country where the probably have noticed fighter jets or those planes flying over and how fast they go.

Once as a kid you have experienced something that yanked you away when you held on to it, no school is necessary to learn about this. 😂

4 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Now who do I believe - the news crews and reporters who were there, and the video filmed both inside and outside the aircraft clearly showing the aircrews doing the best job it was humanly possible to do, or the uninformed opinion of some bigot who's got a massive chip on his shoulder about the coalition forces getting their arse kicked?

The aircrews deserve praise for doing an outstanding job under incredibly difficult circumstances, displaying a rare blend of professionalism and compassion, and the idea that they should "face disciplinary action" because they didn't play it by the book is rather sad.

No Walter the aircrew should face disciplinary action for they reckless action  they put the crew and the airframe in danger if you'd have ever served in the Military you'd know that you don't let Afghan CIVPOP into a vehicle FOB CP let alone an airframe without searching them for weapons and explosive ordnance first.

25 minutes ago, Fluke said:

What do you think that the video shows ?

If I say this, I'm just spitballing. I don't know it too. But it seems really unlikely and not logical what's told in the news about this. 

It's no wonder nowadays a lot of people question the news and actions from USA if you look at the past. 

14 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

If I say this, I'm just spitballing. I don't know it too. But it seems really unlikely and not logical what's told in the news about this. 

It's no wonder nowadays a lot of people question the news and actions from USA if you look at the past. 

They may have been thinking that the Taliban would definitely kill them and so hitching a ride on the outside of an aeroplane would be their only chance of surviving ?

What happened to the guys in the video anyway ?

Did any of them make it ?

14 minutes ago, vlad said:

i'll have 2 Pebble's 1 rock and a bag of Gravel please.

Never say within earshot of a Taliban supporter that you are going to the pub to get stoned, as he will call up all his mates.😂

3 minutes ago, gummy said:

Never say within earshot of a Taliban supporter that you are going to the pub to get stoned, as he will call up all his mates.😂

lol

21 minutes ago, Fluke said:

They may have been thinking that the Taliban would definitely kill them and so hitching a ride on the outside of an aeroplane would be their only chance of surviving ?

What happened to the guys in the video anyway ?

Did any of them make it ?

Free falling a few hundred feet I doubt it Fluke.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, vlad said:

Free falling a few hundred feet I doubt it Fluke.

Some of them may have tied themselves to the aeroplane and managed to survive the journey ?

18 hours ago, Benroon said:

Hmmm I'm inclined to think that's bollox given they've just gone through districts daubing houses with paint that contain a working women. An absolute tragedy. 

This has to be the biggest PR disaster, for the americans, since Gerald Ratners prawn sandwich speech !

Totally agree. I'm from California  and voted for him. SMH

55 minutes ago, thai3 said:

How are gays and transgenders going to be treated, only thrown off the 4th floor instead of the roof?

More out of interest than as a correction, @thai3, but while fundamental Islam is homophobic it's not anti-trans, however hard that is for those from other cultures to understand or accept.

While most people are well aware that Iran is strictly Islamic and so homophobic, few realise that it's second only to Thailand in the number of GRS (gender re-assignment) operations performed every year, including for foreigners / GRS tourists, and the state pays for GRS.

Being trans isn't an issue.

The flip side of that is that since gays in Iran are persecuted, so they're put under increased pressure to be trans rather than gay - which makes life even worse, as the options are to either risk being caught out as gay and face the consequences or to become trans when you're not.