The Pentagon gave Biden severe warnings, about the possibility of the Taliban overrunning the Afghan army

Andrew Reeve

2 hours ago, birdman said:

Not Bidens fault,not Trumps fault.

Faulty policy goes back all the way to the early nineties.

No matter who or how they want to withdraw,it is going to be a mess.

Read some very good comments here,your hatred is clouding your judgement and that is

very debilitating.

Hatred? No, it's obvious this idiot has no clue. 

the obvious common sense strategy was to keep Bagram, which was not what the useless obiden chose to do. 

Full military air support would make all the difference. 

No clouding at all, obviously the common sense approach to withdrawal was to keep the military air base. 

2 hours ago, dmacarelli said:

Well, that is debatable. But, I would say with certainty, if you voted for Trump, you should apologize big time. On a hundred different levels. But, let us not digress. This is about Afghanistan, and both Trump and Biden blew that. 

No, trump had a clear agreement and they knew that. Obiden is an incompetent stooge, a career corrupt political establishment hack that has been for sale for decades. 

OBiden is where the responsibility for this horrible withdrawal strategy lies. Full stop. 

If you vote Democrat consistently, you are part of the problem. 

The same goes for the old weak establishment GOP, which thankfully is being dismantled thanks to 45.

There hasn't been a sane democrat since John Kennedy.

And yes, the bushes were also horrible. 

But then that is off topic. 

Edited by mcambl61

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Muslims ... no other ethnic minority .

Now you wish to parse words.  Muslims irrespective of whether they come from the Middle East, Africa, or any where's else.  

Here is a list of every terror attack since 2000 in the USA.  I highlighted the yellow ones which were perpetrated by Muslims.  Seem disproportionate?  Or are you so blindsided that you will just continue to stick your hand out to the dog that when you befriend it, bites you. image.png.7aa2f511513115125b2b54d80246c7d9.png

image.png.1477b9f827272f41d6bac0f08ee41f80.pngimage.png.05e7ebf4f97ef239badb66d87263ff49.pngimage.png.944ae8fca47c4bb48103c19b59a1e3f3.pngimage.png.e2e5e3f639a4952dc1d3440a6fc37b1b.png

image.png.944ae8fca47c4bb48103c19b59a1e3f3.png

image.png.05e7ebf4f97ef239badb66d87263ff49.png

image.png.1477b9f827272f41d6bac0f08ee41f80.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

Just all the Directors of the FBI, the FBI Counter Terrorism Division, National Intelligence, and the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services who gave testimony to Congress, under different presidents, at different times ...

... all liars 😂

Your prejudices have now become abundantly clear, if that wasn't very much the case before.

"Muslims", wherever they're from, are NOT an "ethnic group". 

Ethnicity is something you're unavoidably born with, while religious belief is something you develop for a variety of reasons.

There's no direct link between the two.

That you're all too evidently focused on "ethnic groups" makes it all too clear what your own "mindset" is.

Every agency in the US with a three letter designation are liars, likely corrupt, ineffective, and rather pathetic. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, longwood50 said:

Now you wish to parse words.  Muslims irrespective of whether they come from the Middle East, Africa, or any where's else.  

Here is a list of every terror attack since 2000 in the USA.  I highlighted the yellow ones which were perpetrated by Muslims.  Seem disproportionate?  Or are you so blindsided that you will just continue to stick your hand out to the dog that when you befriend it, bites you. image.png.7aa2f511513115125b2b54d80246c7d9.png

image.png.1477b9f827272f41d6bac0f08ee41f80.pngimage.png.05e7ebf4f97ef239badb66d87263ff49.pngimage.png.944ae8fca47c4bb48103c19b59a1e3f3.pngimage.png.e2e5e3f639a4952dc1d3440a6fc37b1b.png

Alot of sick white men on that list. Not exactly doing justice to our race. 

2 hours ago, Stonker said:

It "likely" could - over the space of two years, as I and others have said repeatedly.

Over six months or less?   

As  I've asked you repeatedly, and you've equally repeatedly failed to explain - how?

This is simply completely incorrect.

Nothing was "just handed over to the Taliban".

Nothing.

Everything the coalition forces had was either backloaded, destroyed, or handed over to the ANSF / Afghan government over the last decade.

That isn't opinion, which we're all entitled to, but very simple and very easily verifiable fact.

Up until now I've been trying to take you seriously and to respond accordingly.

Well, it is a good thing being taken seriously by you means less than zero to me. 

28 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

Every agency in the US with a three letter designation are liars, likely corrupt, ineffective, and rather pathetic. 

Add: immoral and ill-considered. 

All a cultural character thing.

2 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

Obiden is an incompetent stooge, a career corrupt political establishment hack that has been for sale for decades. 

Barry:”Don't underestimate Joe's ability to “uck things up”!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 9S_ said:

Which Joe Biden ignored. How can he be bound to it when he ignored the Talibans attacks and changed the withdrawal date??

Even the AP debunked Joe’s attempt to deflect his total capitulation to the Taliban. 

Eighteen months later, President Joe Biden is pointing to the agreement signed in Doha, Qatar, as he tries to deflect blame for the Taliban overrunning Afghanistan in a blitz. He says it bound him to withdraw U.S. troops, setting the stage for the chaos engulfing the country.

I've no idea why you're telling me this when I've already not only told you about the Doha agreement but quoted it for you and given you a direct link to it.

3 hours ago, 9S_ said:

It had an escape clause:

Obviously, though, despite being given a direct link, it was too much to expect you to actually read it.

There was no such clause. If there was, quote it or give the para number.

Ignorance is no excuse for sheer stupidity if you're spoon fed but you're unable or unwilling to read what's put in front of you and instead all you can do is copy some childish cartoon.

I was attempting to engage in adult, rational debate - obviously I was wasting my time.

No, trump had a clear agreement and they knew that. Obiden is an incompetent stooge, a career corrupt political establishment hack that has been for sale for decades. 

OBiden is where the responsibility for this horrible withdrawal strategy lies. Full stop. 

If you vote Democrat consistently, you are part of the problem. 

The same goes for the old weak establishment GOP, which thankfully is being dismantled thanks to 45.

There hasn't been a sane democrat since John Kennedy.

And yes, the bushes were also horrible. 

But then that is off topic. 

Got to wonder what kind of side deals Sloppy Joe agreed too with the taliban.The wokehouse has avoided talking about the billions of dollars ,in equipment they entrusted to the Afghan army ,only to see the taliban confiscate it.

How much money and flag draped wooden boxes will America be forced to endure because of a botched departure!

Edited by riclag

1 hour ago, longwood50 said:

Now you wish to parse words.

It's not "parsing words"!

Once could be an error, but if you refer to "ethnic" three times in just one post then clearly "ethnic" is what you're talking about.

If that's what's getting to you rather than religion then the least you could do is have the courage of your convictions to say so rather than dress up your bigotry as something else.

2 hours ago, longwood50 said:

Muslims irrespective of whether they come from the Middle East, Africa, or any where's else.  

But the majority didn't "come from the Middle East, Africa, or any where's else." 

The majority came from America.

You may not like that, and clearly you don't, but that's where they came from.

1 hour ago, dmacarelli said:

That is true however there are 230 million Caucasians in the USA and only 3.3 million Muslims.   So the point being that the "risk" per million of increasing the number of Muslims entering the USA poses a far greater threat than the same number of non-Muslims.  

• Like 1

the obvious common sense strategy was to keep Bagram, which was not what the useless obiden chose to do. 

Also what his predecessor chose to do, but maybe you missed that minor point ...

26 minutes ago, riclag said:

The wokehouse has avoided talking about the billions of dollars ,in equipment they entrusted to the Afghan army ,only to see the taliban confiscate it.

Since that's happened over the last two decades under a succession of American presidents from both parties it would be difficult to apportion blame other than to say "we all stuffed up", which the US seems reluctant to do, however often it happens.

1 hour ago, dmacarelli said:

Ah yes, another Democrat on the white man bad trope. 

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

I've no idea why you're telling me this when I've already not only told you about the Doha agreement but quoted it for you and given you a direct link to it.

Obviously, though, despite being given a direct link, it was too much to expect you to actually read it.

There was no such clause. If there was, quote it or give the para number.

Ignorance is no excuse for sheer stupidity if you're spoon fed but you're unable or unwilling to read what's put in front of you and instead all you can do is copy some childish cartoon.

I was attempting to engage in adult, rational debate - obviously I was wasting my time.

Did you even read the AP article???

The claim of Biden being bound by Trumps deal is absolute BS. 

AP (a anti-Trump hack of a news organization) destroyed Joe Biden lying attempt to deflect blame. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, longwood50 said:

Could you also publish the number of muslims killed, governments overthrown, dictators installed or supported in muslim countries?

That would go some way to understanding what drives terror.

4 hours ago, birdman said:

hard to blame just one person.

No it’s not Joe Biden is the one who gave up Afghanistan imposing an unconditional surrender. 

Not Bush

Not Obama

Not Trump

Only Joe Biden. This is all on him. 

Edited by 9S_
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Since that's happened over the last two decades under a succession of American presidents from both parties it would be difficult to apportion blame other than to say "we all stuffed up", which the US seems reluctant to do, however often it happens.

Strange I don’t remember seeing the Taliban driving around in a Blackhawk helicopter when Trump, Bush or Obama were President

Strange I don’t remember seeing the Taliban open up pallets of cold hard American cash like it’s Pokémon cards when Trump, Obama and Bush were President 

Strange I don’t remember seeing the Taliban armed with full auto SAWs, American assault rifles, humvees, MRAPS when Obama, Bush and Trump were President 

Weird I don’t remember seeing the Taliban in the Afghan Presidential Palace when Bush, Obama and Trump were in office

I don’t remember seeing people hanging on to military planes hanging for dear life as the Taliban siege Kabul when Obama, Trump and Bush were President

Does Joe even remember?

No I guess not. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 9S_ said:

Strange I don’t remember seeing the Taliban driving around in a Blackhawk helicopter when Trump, Bush or Obama were President

Strange I don’t remember seeing the Taliban open up pallets of cold hard American cash like it’s Pokémon cards when Trump, Obama and Bush were President 

Strange I don’t remember seeing the Taliban armed with full auto SAWs, American assault rifles, humvees, MRAPS when Obama, Bush and Trump were President 

Weird I don’t remember seeing the Taliban in the Afghan Presidential Palace when Bush, Obama and Trump were in office

I don’t remember seeing people hanging on to military planes hanging for dear life as the Taliban siege Kabul when Obama, Trump and Bush were President

Does Joe even remember?

No I guess not. 

Sorry, I can't be bothered with this level of ignorance and idiocy any more.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, longwood50 said:

That is true however there are 230 million Caucasians in the USA and only 3.3 million Muslims.   So the point being that the "risk" per million of increasing the number of Muslims entering the USA poses a far greater threat than the same number of non-Muslims.  

Actually closer to 250 million white people in the US as of 2019. And as a white man, that is a very scary thing.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

Actually closer to 250 million white people in the US as of 2019. And as a white man, that is a very scary thing.

Why does that scare you ?

Why are these threads even allowed on here its already gone the same as other sites just blaming others and yanks spoiling it for others who wants to open up TT  and see this yank Rhetoric.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1