Are you boycotting Chinese products? If you're not, why not?

OneAngryJew

Are you boycotting Chinese products?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Are you boycotting Chinese products?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

6 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

Most of the Chinese run chippies in the UK are owned and run by Hong Kong Chinese.

So does it make them taste any better ?

3 hours ago, OneAngryJew said:

Do not expect help from the USA.  We are compromised monetarily from Biden all the way to Wall Street, including many Congressmen and Senators.  It is primarily Democrats that are compromised, but quite a few Republicans have bitten on the Chinese carrot.

Never forget, it was Trump who lost the trade war with China. He lost so badly, that to use a boxing analogy, he was bloodied and beaten down one minute into the first round. But, alot of that is simply due to the fact that he was a terrible negotiator. And he was outclassed by Xi, to the tune of 70 IQ points. And you do not win a trade war with China, using a sledgehammer, which was all he had. Just who he was. 

I try not to buy Chinese. It is a challenge. And even many of the products that are made elsewhere, and made with Chinese components. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

Never forget, it was Trump who lost the trade war with China. He lost so badly, that to use a boxing analogy, he was bloodied and beaten down one minute into the first round. But, alot of that is simply due to the fact that he was a terrible negotiator. And he was outclassed by Xi, to the tune of 70 IQ points. And you do not win a trade war with China, using a sledgehammer, which was all he had. Just who he was. 

I try not to buy Chinese. It is a challenge. And even many of the products that are made elsewhere, and made with Chinese components. 

Well as China is the source for 85% of rare earth minerals perhaps it would be better for you and others to demonstrate your aversion to buying Chinese good and tell us what you buy and where from instead.

3 hours ago, OneAngryJew said:

I've been making a concerted effort to not buy anything made in China. It's difficult. Anything you buy from China supports the Communist Party. Anything that supports the Communist Party supports their attack on you. This virus is their biggest attack to date.

If you're not actively boycotting Chinese products, tell me why.

Where was the virus first developed?

Why was it developed?

Why was it moved to China?

What other countries outsource illegal biological weapon research to Wuhan?

Who funded it?

Who lied about the transfer of gain of function research?

Answer the above and then ask yourself who your anger should be directed towards?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, gummy said:

So does it make them taste any better ?

Well my favourite chip shop in my home town is Hong Kong Chinese run but that is personal preference as opposed to any kind of political statement on my part.

I don't think I have ever come across a chippy in the UK run by mainland Chinese but I haven't spent much time there in the last twenty years so maybe the situation has changed.

But anyway yes absolutely boycott Chinese products.

19 minutes ago, AdamX said:

Why was it developed?

Who funded it?

Answer the above and then ask yourself who your anger should be directed towards?

You are Rand Paul and I claim my free prize.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AdamX said:

Why was it developed?

Who funded it?

I'll answer these in order.

We don't know.

I assume it was to be a biological weapon for the Chinese.

We don't know that it was moved to China.

Unknown.

Obviously the People's liberation Army and Dr. Fauci through NIH

Scumbag Fauci

One has to be able to segment time. I buy a gun, which is legal, and I buy it legally. That segment of time has no criminality to it. I later decide to give the gun to my son who is a felon and he uses it in a bank robbery. He shoots the guard. Several things happened here. Not all of it was illegal.

France builds a level IV virus facility. Why did France build this for China? We know why the scumbag who heads National Institutes of Health moved the research from America to China, because Obama put a stop to it as it was dangerous. One would have to ask if the scumbag running the National Institutes of Health had moved it to Russia would there have been a clamor to stop it back in the early days of Trump's administration? It's a valid question and it deserves an answer. Would the left have been throwing up all over themselves if it was Russia. Why was it okay to be happening in China?

I'm willing to believe that this virus was accidentally transmitted to a lab worker or several lab workers through carelessness. But what I can't overlook is that people in Wuhan were purposely kept from traveling outside of their province, thereby not infecting the rest of China, but international travel out of Wuhan was encouraged and allowed. I have a theory as to why this happened. And it observers Occam's razor.

Pig face as I like to call the grand poo bah of China, realized that if the virus remained within China, the rest of the world would move forward and China would suffer decades of accomplishments which would have been tossed into the waste bin. So the only choice to be made was to level the playing field. Give the virus to everybody and then everybody would be playing on a level playing field.

But this is not really what happened. This gave China an advantage as they had been dealing with it already for months. I say that our Dr. F face which is shorthand for f*** face or Fauci,  should be rendered to a CIA site and tortured slowly so he won't die.

The pig face or big grand poo bah of China I also think should be tortured forever. That's my opinion. It wouldn't have bothered me if Trump had dropped a nuclear bomb on Beijing. China declared war on the United States and England in just about every country in the world. We would've been justified in turning Beijing into a desert. As I am the one angry Jew, that means I'm angry and now you know who I'm angry with.

I'm also angry at Pres. Biden who clearly has ties which are criminal to the Communist Party of China through his son and directly through his own actions. How many of our senators and congressmen have been compromised by Chinese spies and operatives. Congressman Swalwell  a Democrat was banging fang fang who has now disappeared to the great surprise of his wife. Lots of money went back and forth mainly to these congressmen and senators. Was the name of that lady Sen. who had driver for 30 years who turned out to be a Chinese spy?

Lots of people to be mad at and there's lots of people that should be in prison.

Unless I'm buying a new phone, China sells nothing I wish to purchase except the cabbage.

I AM actively boycotting Sinovac/Sinopharm, so there's that.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

You are so wrong on so many levels I wouldn't even know where to start. I think I agree with you on is that you shouldn't buy Chinese goods. But your characterization of Trump is nothing short of delusional.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HappyExpat said:

Unless I'm buying a new phone, China sells nothing I wish to purchase except the cabbage.

I AM actively boycotting Sinovac/Sinopharm, so there's that.

Yesterday I got the Sinovac vaccine.  I think I will start a thread why I did that as an American. 

People say they are not, but every time there is a mention of what phone to buy all the recommend ones people just bought are Chinese. Next one I buy will not be Chinese that's certain. Many other things it's almost unavoidable .

No I buy on price and quality , if my country (the UK ) allows importation legally then I consider it fair game. My partner and I aren't poor (neither are we rich) so getting value for money is a key driver in our purchasing habits. Nor do I believe Covid 19 was a bioweapon developed and utilized to destabilize the world. It may have been a research virus that leaked out due to insufficient safety measures but that occurs the world over sadly. 

Jaw,jaw not war war should be our default mode in international engagement with great powers not the stoking up of international tension , look at the map below of military bases around the world and ask yourself is China the aggressor here ? And maybe not fighting endless wars which the US has inevitably lost with great loss of life and treasure might be a more useful way to continue to be a hyperpower. Whilst the US and the west got bogged down in the middle east and Afghanistan the Chinese were hell bent on nation building and developing their infrastructure. 

https://issafrica.s3.amazonaws.com/site/images/2019-08-27-iss-today-foreign-military-map.png

https://images.jacobinmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/20144900/is34-uneven-and-combined-map-1945.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Detrick

Edited by billybob

2 minutes ago, thai3 said:

People say they are not, but every time there is a mention of what phone to buy all the recommend ones people just bought are Chinese. Next one I buy will not be Chinese that's certain. Many other things it's almost unavoidable .

Sony.  Samsung.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, billybob said:

No I buy on price and quality , if my country (the UK ) allows importation legally then I consider it fair game. My partner and I aren't poor (neither are we rich) so getting value for money is a key driver in our purchasing habits. Nor do I believe Covid 19 was a bioweapon developed and utilized to destabilize the world. It may have been a research virus that leaked out due to insufficient safety measures but that occurs the world over sadly. 

Jaw,jaw not war war should be our default mode in international engagement with great powers not the stoking up of international tension , look at the map below of military bases around the world and ask yourself is China the aggressor here ?

https://issafrica.s3.amazonaws.com/site/images/2019-08-27-iss-today-foreign-military-map.png

https://images.jacobinmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/20144900/is34-uneven-and-combined-map-1945.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Detrick

Who would you prefer to be occupying the military base behind your house? The Americans or the Chinese?

4 minutes ago, OneAngryJew said:

Who would you prefer to be occupying the military base behind your house? The Americans or the Chinese?

Neither please , if pushed my own. 

22 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

Its tough for me not to buy Apple products

It's actually quite easy. When buying a phone, go Android. Samsung makes GREAT phones. When buying computers, buy a Windows-based machine and you can buy TEN Android phones with the money you saved. Real no-brainer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 9S_ said:

Yes where I can

No where I can’t

That pretty much sums it up for me, as well, and due to most of the reasons stated by others in this thread.
I consider China to be the most dangerous element to near future world peace.  They have and continue to develop a desire to control or influence as much of the world as they can to their benefit and f*** everyone else.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, billybob said:

Neither please , if pushed my own. 

You skirted the question.  Upon writing this, is ok these days to say skirted?  

skirtverb [ T,  I + prep ] uk        
                 to go around the edge of something:  Take the road which skirts (round) the town, not the one which goes through it. 

to avoid discussing a subject or problem, usually because there are difficulties that you do not want to deal with:  The government has been accused of skirting round the issue of torture.

But to say skirt meaning a woman' skirt, is that sexist?

You know what, I don't give a sh&$

You skirted the question.  You had to choose.  Choose please.

43 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

Its tough for me not to buy Apple products

I bought an iMac with someone else's money in 2008.  This is the only one purchased.  I do buy AppleCare.  AppleCare has replaced that Mac in 2008 with 5 free iMacs up until the one I am using now.  I cost Apple money and I am quite happy to do it.  I know how to work their system.  I know the secrets and things that happen that 100 percent trigger a replacement.  

I expect I will be able to make them replace this 120,000b computer.  And what they will have to use to replace it will be amazing.  Since they have to match or better what I have, they have to give me an iMac with a M1 chip - better ones coming - they will have to give me a 3TB SSD.  

I cost those commie loving scumbags at Apple 10's of thousands of US Dollars.

I won't buy an iPhone. I will continue to buy Samsung.

• Like 1

i buy chinese products out of practicality. example: a part of motorcycle hydraulic brake was 34usd + 17usd shipping. china sold the whole thing (handle+oilreservoir+switch) for 13usd and free shipping. ofcourse it is bad quality but it gets me on the road fast. As for the ugly things china does: every government lies to it's citizen. i do not know an honest politician. msm tries to make opinion about country(leaders). in my opinion the msm is as honest as a politician. as long as i do not have real truth about these matters i buy where ever it is most convenient to me

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, thaifarmer said:

i buy chinese products out of practicality. example: a part of motorcycle hydraulic brake was 34usd + 17usd shipping. china sold the whole thing (handle+oilreservoir+switch) for 13usd and free shipping. ofcourse it is bad quality but it gets me on the road fast. As for the ugly things china does: every government lies to it's citizen. i do not know an honest politician. msm tries to make opinion about country(leaders). in my opinion the msm is as honest as a politician. as long as i do not have real truth about these matters i buy where ever it is most convenient to me

Equating lying with organ harvesting against one's will, concentration camps full of ethnic Muslims, and the systematic torture  of folks with religious values is a bit over the top.

Its not your Mr. average Chinese mans fault plus I need good servo motors for my RC yacht (oop s taking shallow to new depths there)

• Haha 1

Equating lying with organ harvesting against one's will, concentration camps full of ethnic Muslims, and the systematic torture  of folks with religious values is a bit over the top

it is. i agree totally. i've also read accounts of western "elite" drinking andrenochrome, which, according to the stories on how to "make" it, makes china's image of horror to humanity look pale. my point is: how what to believe?? 

9 minutes ago, OneAngryJew said:

Equating lying with organ harvesting against one's will, concentration camps full of ethnic Muslims, and the systematic torture  of folks with religious values is a bit over the top.

He he! You're funny. Carry on. ?