Are you boycotting Chinese products? If you're not, why not?

OneAngryJew

Are you boycotting Chinese products?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Are you boycotting Chinese products?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I've been making a concerted effort to not buy anything made in China. It's difficult. Anything you buy from China supports the Communist Party. Anything that supports the Communist Party supports their attack on you. This virus is their biggest attack to date.

If you're not actively boycotting Chinese products, tell me why.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm boycotting Chinese products because of the way they're carrying on in the South China Sea/Asia Pacific area.

The jury is still out on covid, I can't comment about the causes or otherwise regarding that. But the BS they're pulling in the South China Sea/Asia Pacific is in plain view and obvious. 

We're seeing the real China now

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There was just a small chip-in discussion on this. For me 100% yes as much as I can at this point of time for what I can get away with not connected to them. Some things are impossible, but as I stated before I also pay more for other products not made there as a point. Day by day and let's hope they lose their edge that the West  and other countries so stupidly and greedily allowed to happen.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

There was just a small chip-in discussion on this. For me 100% yes as much as I can at this point of time for what I can get away with not connected to them. Some things are impossible, but as I stated before I also pay more for other products not made there as a point. Day by day and let's hope they lose their edge that the West  and other countries so stupidly and greedily allowed to happen.

Do not expect help from the USA.  We are compromised monetarily from Biden all the way to Wall Street, including many Congressmen and Senators.  It is primarily Democrats that are compromised, but quite a few Republicans have bitten on the Chinese carrot.

Edited by OneAngryJew
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I try not to buy Chinese products. Nothing against individual Chinese citizens, but the slave labor, Uyigher treatment, Falun Gong (though they are nuts) treatment, intellectual property theft, repression in Hong Kong, threats to the country of Taiwan, wiping out the Tibetan culture and bullying in the South China Seas all make me not want to support a repressive regime.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, OneAngryJew said:

I've been making a concerted effort to not buy anything made in China.

me too. i was at the Bangkok auto show and it was disheartening to see GM there undercutting the market with their crap cars. the horrible thing is they are doing a great job with marketing. I sat in their pickup truck packed with features. personally i would rather see the money go to Japan if not the USA.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, stevenkongju said:

I try not to buy Chinese products. Nothing against individual Chinese citizens, but the slave labor, Uyigher treatment, Falun Gong (though they are nuts) treatment, intellectual property theft, repression in Hong Kong, threats to the country of Taiwan, wiping out the Tibetan culture and bullying in the South China Seas all make me not want to support a repressive regime.

Good list but you forgot the most important word.  Communism. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, OneAngryJew said:

Do not expect help from the USA.  We are compromised monetarily from Biden all the way to Wall Street, including many Congressmen and Senators.  It is primarily Democrats that are compromised, but quite a few Republicans have bitten on the Chinese carrot.

Not going to go there or get into a US politics discussion or debate right now. I am neither nor for either of them as they have both proven over the years to sleep in the same beds with one another. I am a registered Republican who votes for the lessor of who I see as the evil regardless of the party. Too early to tell so wait and see. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, stevenkongju said:

I just wish all the countries would come out and say Taiwan. No relation to China. Even the Olympics are a sad state of affairs stating them as Chinese Taipei. What a load of horse manure. A 3 time "Taiwan" Taiwanese Olympian is wanting to push a name change to having "their" country called Taiwan for the next Olympics in Paris. Now the world should support this and tell the CCP to go eat crow. I would love India to kick their butts as they intrude on the border in the Himalayas with them, and it is unfortunate that Tibet has been sterilized and is only now a masquerade wolf in sheep's clothing of its prior self. Shame despicable CCP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

me too. i was at the Bangkok auto show and it was disheartening to see GM there undercutting the market with their crap cars. the horrible thing is they are doing a great job with marketing. I sat in their pickup truck packed with features. personally i would rather see the money go to Japan if not the USA.  

Now we all know the car shows have beautiful young pretties there. What were you really shopping for?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Now we all know the car shows have beautiful young pretties there. What were you really shopping for?

i was looking for a bright red shiny new Ford XLT pickup truck so when i visit up north i will be big man on campus. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Now we all know the car shows have beautiful young pretties there

The 'Pretties' are everywhere in Thailand. Maybe I've got a low threshold of beauty but even a trip to the local BigC or 7/11 is almost always a great experience and a nice little laugh with the girls at the cash register. 

Maybe some bloke with a baseball bat is walking around clubbing all the fugly ones, I dunno.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Just now, NumbNut said:

The 'Pretties' are everywhere in Thailand. Maybe I've got a low threshold of beauty but even a trip to the local BigC or 7/11 is almost always a great experience and a nice little laugh with the girls at the cash register. 

Maybe some bloke with a baseball bat is walking around clubbing all the fugly ones, I dunno.

Even my local PTT has some beauties working the pumps now

11 minutes ago, NumbNut said:

Yeah, that is why I walk behind my wife or say, I will go get it.

• Like 2

Absolutely. China needs to be reined in big time, and anything we all can do, like not buying their products, will help.  There is a story in the media today by a past PM of Australia and he said this:

"When Australia finalised China’s first trade deal with a G20 economy in 2014, he believed that rising prosperity and more economic freedom would lead to political liberalisation in China. China’s daunting power is a consequence of the free world’s decision to invite a communist dictatorship into global trading networks. China has exploited the West’s goodwill and wishful thinking to steal our technology and undercut our industries and, in the process, become a much more powerful competitor than the old Soviet Union ever was.”

He argued that Australia needed to drastically pivot away from China, arguing India was a “natural partner” to Australia.  “India and Australia are like-minded democracies whose relationship had been underdeveloped, at least until Narendra Modi became India’s prime minister,” he said.

I agree with Tony Abbott (unusually) - India should be Australia's best trading alternative to get out from under China's power and influence.  India is also the best trading power for all western democratic countries who need the cheap labour and production costs of China - if only to reduce China's influence and control (and abuse). 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, NumbNut said:

I have a theory.  Many years ago the Thai rulers 'removed' all the ugly Thai women.  It is amazing how many are just so damn good looking.  But because they all are, they rarely become narcissistic and conceited. So many advantages for western men living with Thai (and most Asian) women. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I asked my daughter a while ago who lives in England, what about all the Chinese chippy's where she lives she said they have all been trashed

Edited by Lowseasonlover

1 minute ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I asked my daughter a while ago who lives in England, what about all the Chinese chippy's where she lives she said they have all been trashed

Come on, that wasn't a fair question as even when I lived there all the Chinese chippies were total rubbish anyway. You should have asked her about all the Chinese take-aways

23 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i was looking for a bright red shiny new Ford XLT pickup truck so when i visit up north i will be big man on campus. 

Don't forget your chaps and cowboy hat and NCC Lone Ranger mask.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, gummy said:

Come on, that wasn't a fair question as even when I lived there all the Chinese chippies were total rubbish anyway. You should have asked her about all the Chinese take-aways

Where I come from we called them Chippies, When they first moved in to the area they took over the chip shops, 

2 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Where I come from we called them Chippies, When they first moved in to the area they took over the chip shops, 

Interesting. And now hopefully not like in the USA they are not chipping away to own the rest.

11 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Well didn't know that. Didn't happen in my area though so hence my question.

3 minutes ago, gummy said:

Well didn't know that. Didn't happen in my area though so hence my question.

China town, in the city center of Manchester has had a lot of trouble