Are you boycotting Chinese products? If you're not, why not?

OneAngryJew

Are you boycotting Chinese products?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Are you boycotting Chinese products?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

6 minutes ago, thaifarmer said:

Equating lying with organ harvesting against one's will, concentration camps full of ethnic Muslims, and the systematic torture  of folks with religious values is a bit over the top

it is. i agree totally. i've also read accounts of western "elite" drinking andrenochrome, which, according to the stories on how to "make" it, makes china's image of horror to humanity look pale. my point is: how what to believe?? 

How may I help you focus? We are talking about China.

26 minutes ago, OneAngryJew said:

You skirted the question.  Upon writing this, is ok these days to say skirted?  

But to say skirt meaning a woman' skirt, is that sexist?

You know what, I don't give a sh&$

You skirted the question.  You had to choose.  Choose please.

No you don't get to determine how I answer a question. Sorry about that. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, OneAngryJew said:

Well you aren't doing it very well, are you?

22 minutes ago, billybob said:

No you don't get to determine how I answer a question. Sorry about that. 

Are you a politician?

Interesting that the poll is currently 8-6 in favor of “yes” but not many “no”voices on the thread.

I buy Chinese stuff out of practicality. I would argue that it’s almost impossible to boycott Chinese goods unless you’re willing to spend some serious $$$. China is not my favorite country, but it is what it is.

Just this morning I bought three pairs of work shoes online from China. I can’t buy size 14s from retail stores and the costs elsewhere are ridiculous. Recently I’ve used a custom tin printer in Yiwu for stuff in my bar, would have cost hundreds more if I’d gone local. And the tin supplier is a top guy. Not his fault which country he lives in.

59 minutes ago, OneAngryJew said:

You skirted the question.  Upon writing this, is ok these days to say skirted?  

But to say skirt meaning a woman' skirt, is that sexist?

You know what, I don't give a sh&$

You skirted the question.  You had to choose.  Choose please.

He doesn't have to do anything!  It's an internet forum not a court of law.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, OneAngryJew said:

Are you a politician?

No but I have worked closely with them at one point in my career. Enough to know not to trust them. 

If I reacted to all the stories which let to human loss, wars etc, I wouldn't be able to buy anything, anywhere. I read somewhere that the bank of England made the steel industry in germany in the 30's grow very strong. To my opinion banks do not do this without an agenda. They made the war possible (and probably more). Do I have to boycott UK? We all know what that war brought us. Most leaders of most powerful countries have many dirty secrets. I cannot judge until I know these secrets.

6 minutes ago, billybob said:

No but I have worked closely with them at one point in my career. Enough to know not to trust them. 

YOU are judged by the company you keep.

43 minutes ago, OneAngryJew said:

If I reacted to all the stories which let to human loss, wars etc, I wouldn't be able to buy anything, anywhere. I read somewhere that the bank of England made the steel industry in germany in the 30's grow very strong. To my opinion banks do not do this without an agenda. They made the war possible (and probably more). Do I have to boycott UK? We all know what that war brought us. Most leaders of most powerful countries have many dirty secrets. I cannot judge until I know these secrets.

7 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

He doesn't have to do anything!  It's an internet forum not a court of law.

Yes, he does.  It's internet law and there have been billions of bits and bites written backing it up.  

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, NumbNut said:

Maybe some bloke with a baseball bat is walking around clubbing all the fugly ones, I dunno.

they live in Hua Hin. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Transam said:

I was behind an MG (Maxus T70) truck this morning, there was the Union Jack with Brit written on it, badge on the corner of the rear gate. That, pisses me off.... 

You mean just because you couldn't go fast enough to overtake it ??

1 minute ago, Transam said:

The West gave the Chinese their manufacturing industry for financial reasons, their cheap labour, now the West is paying the price..

8 minutes ago, Transam said:

As there is nothing 'MG performance' in any of the Chinese offerings, the thought doesn't even enter my head..

Mate you should open your eyes a bit more and see what's happening in todays world, not live in yesterdays 0-100KMH in 4 secs is not too slow

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mg/99165/stunning-all-electric-mg-e-motion-coupe-is-coming-to-britain-by-2021

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/mg-e-motion-is-the-company-s-most-gorgeous-concept-to-date-ar176445.html

17 minutes ago, Transam said:

I was behind an MG (Maxus T70) truck this morning, there was the Union Jack with Brit written on it, badge on the corner of the rear gate. That, pisses me off.... 

And doesn't that sum up it up eh

2 hours ago, OneAngryJew said:

You are so wrong on so many levels I wouldn't even know where to start. I think I agree with you on is that you shouldn't buy Chinese goods. But your characterization of Trump is nothing short of delusional.

It would have been more polite to have started your response with "In my opinion" - IMO.

Trump was Chinas useful idiot - it was cringeworthy watching him get taken apart by the Chinese and the Russians who must have thought all their Christmases has come at once when Trump was elected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, OneAngryJew said:

Yes, he does.  It's internet law and there have been billions of bits and bites written backing it up.  

I was going to invoke Godwin's Law but having seen your user name thought better of it !

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, OneAngryJew said:

Yesterday I got the Sinovac vaccine.  I think I will start a thread why I did that as an American. 

Drunk ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Drunk ?

The commie Xi 5G microchip is now in place. Await hor d'oevres - which must be obeyed at all times. 

1 hour ago, OneAngryJew said:

I bought an iMac with someone else's money in 2008.  This is the only one purchased.  I do buy AppleCare.  AppleCare has replaced that Mac in 2008 with 5 free iMacs up until the one I am using now.  I cost Apple money and I am quite happy to do it.  I know how to work their system.  I know the secrets and things that happen that 100 percent trigger a replacement.  

I expect I will be able to make them replace this 120,000b computer.  And what they will have to use to replace it will be amazing.  Since they have to match or better what I have, they have to give me an iMac with a M1 chip - better ones coming - they will have to give me a 3TB SSD.  

I cost those commie loving scumbags at Apple 10's of thousands of US Dollars.

I won't buy an iPhone. I will continue to buy Samsung.

I think you need to get out more ....

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i was looking for a bright red shiny new Ford XLT pickup truck so when i visit up north i will be big man on campus. 

You must mean the North East bucko.  The sheer number of Mercedes, higher end BMW's, and Porches here in Chiang Mai with CM plates is higher than one would expect.  Eight days ago I saw (have seen several times before) a yellow Lamborghini Murcielago SV with CM plates parked on the street on the second ring road in front of a typical simple no walls plastic furniture Thai duck restaurant.  

1 minute ago, DrPhibes said:

You must mean the North East bucko.  The sheer number of Mercedes, higher end BMW's, and Porches here in Chiang Mai with CM plates is higher than one would expect.  Eight days ago I saw (have seen several times before) a yellow Lamborghini Murcielago SV with CM plates parked on the street on the second ring road in front of a typical simple no walls plastic furniture Thai duck restaurant.  

There are more lambo showrooms in Bangkok than London, there's a few in my town along with a healthy dose of ferraris, numerous beemers and every other car seems to be a merc now - and I would wager a huge percentage of the higher end cars are bought with barely laundered russian cash ! 

Anyone paying over £80,000 for a standard 2 litre merc needs a check up from the neck up !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1