Do Covid 19 masks work?

OneAngryJew

30 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Haha I think you need to calm down you are embarrassing yourself with non sensical rants! A classic sign you’ve lost the argument, not that you ever had one. 

I don’t need to produce another mask study because you’ve already done that for me remember ? Your author that you hastily cut and paste without reading it, said they do not significantly reduce the spread, so in effect they reduce it. So if one life is saved that’s good enough reason for me to wear it because my parents did a good job bringing me up to consider others. 

I believe the scientists as they are infinitely more smarter than you will ever be - I think that’s a good strategy. 

How could I use google to come up with Cut&Paste brigade ? Surely I would have had to search on ‘Cut&Paste’ brigade no ? Honestly chump this is like shooting fish in a barrel. 

So have a lie down and keep away from your keyboard, Its almost like you’re a petulant conspiracy theorist who realising they have lost the argument is heading towards apoplexy as you can’t get anyone normal to listen to your insane ramblings. 

Over to you but take some deep breaths first … I’m off to the beach to not be sad ? 

Thanks for the virtue signaling lectures. You assume in your pseudo intellectual bubble that you are somehow deemed "normal" 

You lost the argument before it started. Reality works that way, unless you are a leftist. 

Don't forget to wear your mask while you get on your jet ski. Because the fish and the coral will die of covid if you don't. 

But you keep trying sunshine, eventually reality will make you feel better about your irrational fears. 

28 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Thanks for the virtue signaling lectures. You assume in your pseudo intellectual bubble that you are somehow deemed "normal" 

You lost the argument before it started. Reality works that way, unless you are a leftist. 

Don't forget to wear your mask while you get on your jet ski. Because the fish and the coral will die of covid if you don't. 

But you keep trying sunshine, eventually reality will make you feel better about your irrational fears. 

???

You didn’t do the breathing thing did you ?

8 minutes ago, Benroon said:

???

You didn’t do the breathing thing did you ?

Yes, I did.. Without a virtue signaling face diaper. 

Now put on your mask and take a deep breath.

48 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Yes, I did.. Without a virtue signaling face diaper. 

Now put on your mask and take a deep breath.

‘Diaper’ ???? 

ahhhh you’re American home of the conspiracy theory - it’s all falling into place now!

So twin towers inside job right by a disgruntled typist ? 

4 minutes ago, Benroon said:

‘Diaper’ ???? 

ahhhh you’re American home of the conspiracy theory - it’s all falling into place now!

So twin towers inside job right by a disgruntled typist ? 

Virtue signaling leftist...

???

A brit.. Ahhh yes, it is all falling into place, another boring self anointed pseudo intellectual soccer fan.

Now go change your nappy, mom is so proud of her little man. 

12 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Diaper’ ???? 

Man, this complicates the Sheep vs. A**hole analogy. People are going to get confused.

• Like 1

Just now, BigHewer said:

Man, this complicates the Sheep vs. A**hole analogy. People are going to get confused.

Yes.. This pom is both... ?

Just now, BigHewer said:

haha - tbh with this one it doesn't take much!

Its what happens when we lend our language to other countries ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

another boring self anointed pseudo intellectual soccer fan.

I’d take this as a pseudo compliment if someone insulted me with this.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Virtue signaling leftist...

???

A brit.. Ahhh yes, it is all falling into place, another boring self anointed pseudo intellectual soccer fan.

Now go change your nappy, mom is so proud of her little man. 

Its football FOOTBALL - only a retard calls it 'soccer' - jesus we give you our language and you still can't get it right !

However I'm busy right now, go and cut and paste some conspiracy theory trivia for me to read later (maybe read it first)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Benroon said:

haha - tbh with this one it doesn't take much!

Its what happens when we lend our language to other countries ?

Lend? 

No, you were defeated and humiliated by a rag tag group of people who knew you were a joke, as was the monarchy. 

There is no empire.

But there certainly is still the arrogance. 

4 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Its football FOOTBALL - only a retard calls it 'soccer' - jesus we give you our language and you still can't get it right !

However I'm busy right now, go and cut and paste some conspiracy theory trivia for me to read later (maybe read it first)

It's soccer, the most corrupt boring "sport" on earth... With test cricket a close second 

1 minute ago, mcambl61 said:

Lend? 

No, you were defeated and humiliated by a rag tag group of people who knew you were a joke, as was the monarchy. 

There is no empire.

NURSE !!! This ones run out of medication ....

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mcambl61 said:

Lend? 

There is no empire.

Not bad guys, not bad. It only took a page and a half for the War of Independence to come up. Actually, I was leaning Boston Tea Party as the first historical reference, but since @Benroonis off to the beach, @mcambl61has fired the first shot. Impressive.

1 minute ago, BigHewer said:

Not bad guys, not bad. It only took a page and a half for the War of Independence to come up. Actually, I was leaning Boston Tea Party as the first historical reference, but since @Benroonis off to the beach, @mcambl61has fired the first shot. Impressive.

Yes, the insecurities of the citizens of the former empire still always go back to their humiliating defeat. 

Both of them. ?

They still aren't over it. 

10 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Yes, the insecurities of the citizens of the former empire still always go back to their humiliating defeat. 

Both of them. ?

They still aren't over it. 

But we don't need to fight - that world super power Afghanistan are currently making you look stupid enough! Being torn a new one by the rag tag Taliban can't be easy. (Can someone translate 'torn a new one' for our american colleague ?)

Back slightly on topic - talking of conspiracy nuts, what happened to the Op OneAngryJew ? I fear he disappeared when his mask thread was closed down? 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Fester said:

pop density

As already refuted.  Washington DC population density is 9 times higher than New Jersey yet its rate of Covid infection is 50% lower.  Also Washington DC is 45% black and 49.6% of Blacks in the USA are listed as obese which is also considered a risk factor for Covid.  So despite both New Jersey and Washington DC having mask mandates, Washington DC with a heavily minority population and a population density 9 times higher than New Jersey has a rate 50% lower and it is ranked as the 45th lowest in the USA out of the 50 states and DC.  So Bull Pucky to population density. Rhode Island has the highest covid rate per million in the USA yet its population density of 390 per sq km is only 1/3rd the 1,211 per sq km of New Jersey So Bull Pucky to your theory of population density.  You would be better trying to push the narrative that those in Sweden despite not wearing masks have a natural born antibodies because they eat more meat balls. 

Sweden is a large land mass  but 27% of its population is concentrated in just 5 cities.  Stockholm is just as concentrated as Madrid and guess what so is its covid rate. 

image.thumb.png.085a46e7bb28acc4e774f67658f8a416.png

So if it is population density then why is it that Stockholm has a population density of 5,012 people per square KM compared to 5,390 for Madrid and their covid rates per million are identical.  Or more perplexing is that Lisbon has 6,446 people per sq KM but its rate of Covid infection is 47% higher than that of Stockholm.   Or try that Athens with a population density of 19,135 people per sq KM 3 times higher than Libson has a 47% lower rate covid infection per million, and an identical rate to both Stockholm, and Madrid. 

The population density of Sweden's neighbors Lithuania, and Estonia are respectively Sweden 25, Lithuania 43 and Estonia 31 people per square kilometer.  Guess what, their Covid infection rates are near identical despite the fact that Lithuania, and Estonia followed the EU protocols, and Sweden did not. 

image.thumb.png.7199fab03dc4f79e215fb3c3d3a5f2c8.png 

2 hours ago, longwood50 said:

As already refuted.  Washington DC population density is 9 times higher than New Jersey yet its rate of Covid infection is 50% lower.  Also Washington DC is 45% black and 49.6% of Blacks in the USA are listed as obese which is also considered a risk factor for Covid.  So despite both New Jersey and Washington DC having mask mandates, Washington DC with a heavily minority population and a population density 9 times higher than New Jersey has a rate 50% lower and it is ranked as the 45th lowest in the USA out of the 50 states and DC.  So Bull Pucky to population density. Rhode Island has the highest covid rate per million in the USA yet its population density of 390 per sq km is only 1/3rd the 1,211 per sq km of New Jersey So Bull Pucky to your theory of population density.  You would be better trying to push the narrative that those in Sweden despite not wearing masks have a natural born antibodies because they eat more meat balls. 

Sweden is a large land mass  but 27% of its population is concentrated in just 5 cities.  Stockholm is just as concentrated as Madrid and guess what so is its covid rate. 

image.thumb.png.085a46e7bb28acc4e774f67658f8a416.png

So if it is population density then why is it that Stockholm has a population density of 5,012 people per square KM compared to 5,390 for Madrid and their covid rates per million are identical.  Or more perplexing is that Lisbon has 6,446 people per sq KM but its rate of Covid infection is 47% higher than that of Stockholm.   Or try that Athens with a population density of 19,135 people per sq KM 3 times higher than Libson has a 47% lower rate covid infection per million, and an identical rate to both Stockholm, and Madrid. 

The population density of Sweden's neighbors Lithuania, and Estonia are respectively Sweden 25, Lithuania 43 and Estonia 31 people per square kilometer.  Guess what, their Covid infection rates are near identical despite the fact that Lithuania, and Estonia followed the EU protocols, and Sweden did not. 

image.thumb.png.7199fab03dc4f79e215fb3c3d3a5f2c8.png 

My response was to your comparison between Sweden and the Netherlands - they are countries.

Now you introduce individual US states, European cities plus two more tiny countries.

Constantly changing the goal posts merely demonstrates what a bull pucker you are.

On the bright side India have lost 3 wickets already.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Fester said:

My response was to your comparison between Sweden and the Netherlands - they are countries.

Now you introduce individual US states, European cities plus two more tiny countries.

Constantly changing the goal posts merely demonstrates what a bull pucker you are

No you are the one making ridiculous comparisons.  You said population density.  Hint population density occurs in urban areas.  The reason that Sweden has 450,000 square kilometers compared to 41,000 for the Netherlands.   The vast majority of Swedes however don't live in the desolate areas.  So it makes sense to compare urban covid infection rates. 

You skirt the issue by saying  saying states versus countries.  New York State has a size of 141.000 making it 3.5 times larger than your countries of Denmark or the Netherlands.

To demonstrate how spurious your claim of covid with population density is.  California the most populous state in the USA has virtually identical Covid infection rate to Alaska.  PS Alaska has 1.28 people per square mile in terms of population density.   Here is a superimposed picture of the size of Alaska over a map of Europe.  Is that state "big enough" for you.

image.png.3f8f9acb11cc12a7f345ae0308e8106f.png

The fact remains that if population density was the controlling factor, Alaska would have a very low rate of covid infection compared to California.  It does not.   So your unfounded theory as to why Swedens rate is the same or lower than other European countries is just grabbed out of the air and not supported by comparing two countries or states with different population densities.  As previously mentioned, Rhode Island, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Utah are the top 5 highest Covid infection rates in the USA and they are some of the least densely populated states. 

Washington DC as an urban area is 28.5 times more densely populated than New York State yet it has a covid infection rate that is 37% lower than New York. 

You should stick to the meat ball theory that the Netherlands, and the other countries with very high Covid rates eat fewer meat balls than the Swedes.  At least there would be some basis for that hypothesis. 

image.thumb.png.9b18bb56e89cdfffad54e3880f27e185.png

1 hour ago, longwood50 said:

No you are the one making ridiculous comparisons.  You said population density.  Hint population density occurs in urban areas.  The reason that Sweden has 450,000 square kilometers compared to 41,000 for the Netherlands.   The vast majority of Swedes however don't live in the desolate areas.  So it makes sense to compare urban covid infection rates. 

You skirt the issue by saying  saying states versus countries.  New York State has a size of 141.000 making it 3.5 times larger than your countries of Denmark or the Netherlands.

To demonstrate how spurious your claim of covid with population density is.  California the most populous state in the USA has virtually identical Covid infection rate to Alaska.  PS Alaska has 1.28 people per square mile in terms of population density.   Here is a superimposed picture of the size of Alaska over a map of Europe.  Is that state "big enough" for you.

image.png.3f8f9acb11cc12a7f345ae0308e8106f.png

The fact remains that if population density was the controlling factor, Alaska would have a very low rate of covid infection compared to California.  It does not.   So your unfounded theory as to why Swedens rate is the same or lower than other European countries is just grabbed out of the air and not supported by comparing two countries or states with different population densities.  As previously mentioned, Rhode Island, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Utah are the top 5 highest Covid infection rates in the USA and they are some of the least densely populated states. 

Washington DC as an urban area is 28.5 times more densely populated than New York State yet it has a covid infection rate that is 37% lower than New York. 

You should stick to the meat ball theory that the Netherlands, and the other countries with very high Covid rates eat fewer meat balls than the Swedes.  At least there would be some basis for that hypothesis. 

image.thumb.png.9b18bb56e89cdfffad54e3880f27e185.png

It's taken you nearly a day to concoct this latest spurious collection of cobblers, infested by several more sets of irrelevant mobile goalposts. 

Be careful not to let your meatballs turn green. Better to freeze them.

3 hours ago, Fester said:

It's taken you nearly a day to concoct this latest spurious collection of cobblers, infested by several more sets of irrelevant mobile goalposts. 

Be careful not to let your meatballs turn green. Better to freeze them.

Fester you can believe that masks really protect, that population density in countries causes the variance in covid infection rates, that wearing necklace made out of cloves of garlic not only defeat Covid but save you from vampires.  

However, unlike you, I don't take things at face value.  The statistics both in the USA and Europe show some areas like Sweden with no mask mandate not having any higher covid infection rates than neighboring Estonia, and Lithuania,  That states with very low population density like Rhode Island, North Dakota, South Dakota,  and Utah have the highest covid infection rates while the area with the highest density, Washington DC has the 45th lowest. And California the countries most populous state and very densely populated with numerous major metropolitan areas has the absolute identical covid infection rate to Alaska that has 1.2 people per square mile. 

As I stated before.  I can give you the facts but obviously you can't extrapolate what they mean. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1