News Forum - Asian woman arrested for pretending to be a student at US high school

Thaiger

An Asian woman, who shares the same name as a famous K-pop star, has been arrested for pretending to be a student to join a US high school. The 29 year old New Jersey-based woman was nabbed by cops for posing as a high school student four days after she enrolled at the school. The …

The story Asian woman arrested for pretending to be a student at US high school as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

My friend and I did this when we where 19 years old... pretended to be new students at a rival school. Attend 2 days of classes until they figured us out.

• Haha 1

Asians look younger than their age to Western eyes, I assume that's how she got away with it, in a majority White country. I don't see what she did that was morally wrong. Illegals can live in the US without legal documentation? But enrolling in a school with a slight dishonesty, is illegal? Women do tend to lie about the ir ages, after they turn 25... its not a sin.

1 hour ago, Karolyn said:

Asians look younger than their age to Western eyes, I assume that's how she got away with it, in a majority White country. I don't see what she did that was morally wrong. Illegals can live in the US without legal documentation? But enrolling in a school with a slight dishonesty, is illegal? Women do tend to lie about the ir ages, after they turn 25... its not a sin.

Not only Asians --- good friend, 40 years old was refused entry, on age, at a night club in company with her 18 year son.

She is tiny, 5 foot and 39kgs, and runs around in the shower to get wet.😂

• Like 1

The problem is she is not a minor and schools already have gang violence and other things going on. She should have went and infiltrated a university. 

3 hours ago, Karolyn said:

This may be one of the dumbest posts I ever read on here.......

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Marc26 said:

This may be one of the dumbest posts I ever read on here.......

How is it stupid? I'm not being sillier than the story itself. Which is like any story, creates thoughts or it's uninteresting. How did a 29 year old, pass as a teenager, and why does it mattet? You can lie to a boyfriend you're going to marry, but not to enrol for education? An illegal immigrant to the US, I assume, is by law guaranteed the right to enrol there, without disclosing their legal status, but she's denied enrolment because she didn't honestly disclose her age?

How is it stupid? I'm not being sillier than the story itself. Which is like any story, creates thoughts or it's uninteresting. How did a 29 year old, pass as a teenager, and why does it mattet? You can lie to a boyfriend you're going to marry, but not to enrol for education? An illegal immigrant to the US, I assume, is by law guaranteed the right to enrol there, without disclosing their legal status, but she's denied enrolment because she didn't honestly disclose her age?

Well its stupid because you felt the need to bring in your totally irrelevant immigration agenda into it, for one 

And it may not be the worst thing she did

But you can't just just 29yr old fake their age and go to High school

14 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Well its stupid because you felt the need to bring in your totally irrelevant immigration agenda into it, for one 

And it may not be the worst thing she did

But you can't just just 29yr old fake their age and go to High school

Whats wrong with lying about x to enrol in a school? When it isn't wrong to lie about detail y, to join a school? 

Whats wrong with lying about x to enrol in a school? When it isn't wrong to lie about detail y, to join a school? 

Again a stupid argument 

One is against the law 

The other isn't 

It's that simple......

Your moral opinion on it(regardless of relevancy) does not matter 

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

One is against the law 

The other isn't 

It's that simple......

Your moral opinion on it(regardless of relevancy) does not matter 

Is it really?  It isn't a federal law ...  It would have to be a state or local law.  But then every state and/or locality would have to have their own laws ... Which I doubt.

What would the law state too?  There are a lot of 18 yr old's in high school already (and 18 is considered an adult - but can't drink - in most places).

I can see where schools don't want older men/women in schools influencing the younger people, but some  of the teachers are right out of Uni and thus maybe 4 yrs older than the oldest students.  These younger teachers do bring their own teaching style and possible "influencing" style ...

2 hours ago, Haole.TH said:

Is it really?  It isn't a federal law ...  It would have to be a state or local law.  But then every state and/or locality would have to have their own laws ... Which I doubt.

What would the law state too?  There are a lot of 18 yr old's in high school already (and 18 is considered an adult - but can't drink - in most places).

I can see where schools don't want older men/women in schools influencing the younger people, but some  of the teachers are right out of Uni and thus maybe 4 yrs older than the oldest students.  These younger teachers do bring their own teaching style and possible "influencing" style ...

From the instances I looked it's forging a government document 

It isn't murder but I don't think you can just shrug your shoulders at a 29yr old going to high school

In a lot of the cases, they ended yo dating someone underage and I guess that is the big concern

Edited by Marc26

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

From the instances I looked it's forging a government document 

It isn't murder but I don't think you can just shrug your shoulders at a 29yr old going to high school

In a lot of the cases, they ended yo dating someone underage and I guess that is the big concern

You have the same thing with 18 yo (seniors in high school) dating younger students in high school.  In many states (maybe all) there is still "statuary rape" for having sex with an underage person.

You talk so "morally" about this as if we should all care.  What is happening in the US now?  Newly elected Congressional people blatantly lying to get elected.  Congressional rep's acting out sedition.  SCOTUS  leaks.  SCOTUS acting unethically with regards to the investigation ... 

What the article does not say is for what purpose this lady was trying to impersonate a high school student.

• Like 1

Does it matter if a 29 year old dates a high schooler? Even if lying about her age - because it is normal for women, if they can get away with it, to tell white lies about their age. In Western cultures, much is made of age 30 as the end of youth. Also age 25, but also 30. And she's still in her 20s. In any case I doubt anyone would join a high school just for that.