News Forum - Foreign man attacked after allegedly slapping Phuket transwoman

Thaiger

A foreign man suffered a gang assault after allegedly slapping a Thai transwoman in Soi Bangla in the Patong neighbourhood of Phuket in the early hours yesterday, May 2. News Facebook page, โหดจัง จังหวัดภูเก็ต, shared a video of the physical altercation between a group of Thai transwomen and a foreign man yesterday. The page reported … …

The story Foreign man attacked after allegedly slapping Phuket transwoman as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Don’t mess with ladyboys in Thailand, it’s a simple fact you are not going to come off better. 

• Like 1

Wherever that Chap goes in life he's always going to be remembered for getting filled in by a bunch of bloke's in Lycra dresses .

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, 23RD said:

Wherever that Chap goes in life he's always going to be remembered for getting filled in by a bunch of bloke's in Lycra dresses .

Brilliant I laughed out loud at that comment 😂

• Like 1

The strength of a man, the rage of a woman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well done....Whack him again if he comes to Bangal street. Let this  be a lesson to all those tourists who think that they can easyly bully Thais. This should be the way, instant remedy. Whack first and then report if necessary. 

1 hour ago, Smiler said:

Don’t mess with ladyboys in Thailand, it’s a simple fact you are not going to come off better. 

Years ago my mate pulled a girl out of a Pattaya bar, ended up back at our small hotel and in no time, I heard yelling and loud noises from his room next door.  Opened my door to the hallway in time to see them spill out of the room in a knot.   She was a he, and obviously my mate didn't take to kindly to it and was going to make a statement.  Nope.   Nothing but ass, hair, fists and high heel shoes flying around, that lady boy was no slouch.  Reminded me of the cartoon character Tasmanian Devil. 

image.jpeg.e16bb65fde4693eae56fdaf6d495ce5f.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I want to know why ladyboy prossies are violent and criminal in Pattaya, but not elsewhere. That also goes for everyone in Pattaya. A town that resembles Blackpool, but actually with sun. Whereas Blackpool lacks ladyboys, only men on stag nights, dressed as women.

Edited by LeReynard
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, LeReynard said:

I want to know why ladyboy prossies are violent and criminal in Pattaya, but not elsewhere. That also goes for everyone in Pattaya. A town that resembles Blackpool, but actually with sun. Whereas Blackpool lacks ladyboys, only men on stag nights, dressed as women.

IMO, just from causal observation over the years - I'm no head shrinker of course - but there seems to be a basket of psychological issues going on with lady boys, and substance abuse exacerbates it.   Same same any other humanoid out there but seems prevalent with this batch.

You did hit on something though.   The few lady boys I've been around away from Pattaya/tourist areas (up country) seemed pretty chilled out, but there's this unsettled "edge" about them.   They know they are different.  They know we notice and are thinking about it even if we pretend not to.  They are assessing us as much as we are them.   Must be weird.  Like being in a small village where the Thai kids point, laugh and yell "Farang!  Farang!".

The few I've been around in a pub/bar type venue up-country where they are 1 of 1, can't say I've ever seen them lose the plot.  The ones I've been around/partied with in Patts seemed OK sober but ffs, Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hyde later on.  Like on the floor, tits outs shrieking like a banshee.     

✅ bin.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TWS60 said:

IMO, just from causal observation over the years - I'm no head shrinker of course - but there seems to be a basket of psychological issues going on with lady boys, and substance abuse exacerbates it.   Same same any other humanoid out there but seems prevalent with this batch.

You did hit on something though.   The few lady boys I've been around away from Pattaya/tourist areas (up country) seemed pretty chilled out, but there's this unsettled "edge" about them.   They know they are different.  They know we notice and are thinking about it even if we pretend not to.  They are assessing us as much as we are them.   Must be weird.  Like being in a small village where the Thai kids point, laugh and yell "Farang!  Farang!".

The few I've been around in a pub/bar type venue up-country where they are 1 of 1, can't say I've ever seen them lose the plot.  The ones I've been around/partied with in Patts seemed OK sober but ffs, Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hyde later on.  Like on the floor, tits outs shrieking like a banshee.     

✅ bin.

Transsexuals have elevated co-morbidity with Axis 2 personality disorders as relate to depression and anxiety/neurosis. Contrary to popular misinformation, they aren't prone to be psychotic or autistic. But they do suffer 'internalizing disorders'.

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/the-british-journal-of-psychiatry/article/psychiatric-characteristics-in-transsexual-individuals-multicentre-study-in-four-european-countries/843A9ADA9A802BBFA62E71E9323999A9

Dysphoria itself means the opposite of euphoria, a consistent and stable sense of profound dissatisfaction and anhedonia, creating unease, often with irritable outbursts or disturbed life patterns such as sleep.

Not surprisingly, dysphoria is a part of anxiety and depressive disorders, as well as of things like substance abuse. Though not all transsexuals have these mental problems, as a demographic they are at greater risk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LeReynard said:

Transsexuals have elevated co-morbidity with Axis 2 personality disorders as relate to depression and anxiety/neurosis. Contrary to popular misinformation, they aren't prone to be psychotic or autistic. But they do suffer 'internalizing disorders'.

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/the-british-journal-of-psychiatry/article/psychiatric-characteristics-in-transsexual-individuals-multicentre-study-in-four-european-countries/843A9ADA9A802BBFA62E71E9323999A9

Dysphoria itself means the opposite of euphoria, a consistent and stable sense of profound dissatisfaction and anhedonia, creating unease, often with irritable outbursts or disturbed life patterns such as sleep.

Not surprisingly, dysphoria is a part of anxiety and depressive disorders, as well as of things like substance abuse. Though not all transsexuals have these mental problems, as a demographic they are at greater risk.

Wow, more than I expected!  Interesting.  Cheers.

It's noteworthy that despite the Thai tolerance of the kathoey, the culture traditionally has a stereotype that they are a bit mental. Not extremely so, but a bit mental and also devious, dishonest, and prone to petty crime, rather than the British type violence you see in Pattaya. It all fits with the higher but not universal incidence, of internalizing disorders among people with GD.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 9:27 AM, LeReynard said:

I want to know why ladyboy prossies are violent and criminal in Pattaya, but not elsewhere. That also goes for everyone in Pattaya.

Prostitution and 100s of prostitutes, 12s of drug dealers and 100s of drug addics, 1000s of alcoholics, hustlers of all sorts, thefts of all sorts, that is (part of) Pattaya but then it could be any red district in any city around the world. Bad lives bring bad people, a concentration of them. That goes also for the ladyboys community. It is not rocket science.

18 minutes ago, LeReynard said:

It's noteworthy that despite the Thai tolerance of the kathoey, the culture traditionally has a stereotype that they are a bit mental. Not extremely so, but a bit mental and also devious, dishonest, and prone to petty crime, rather than the British type violence you see in Pattaya. It all fits with the higher but not universal incidence, of internalizing disorders among people with GD.

Total BS. ... And "the culture traditionally has a stereotype that they are a bit mental". Where on earth did you get this assumption from???  A question for you: how many Kathoey do you personally know? My guess is 0. You are writing about a subject without knowing anyone related to that subject.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Manu said:

Prostitution and 100s of prostitutes, 12s of drug dealers and 100s of drug addics, 1000s of alcoholics, hustlers of all sorts, thefts of all sorts, that is (part of) Pattaya but then it could be any red district in any city around the world. Bad lives bring bad people, a concentration of them. That goes also for the ladyboys community. It is not rocket science.

Total BS. ... And "the culture traditionally has a stereotype that they are a bit mental". Where on earth did you get this assumption from???  A question for you: how many Kathoey do you personally know? My guess is 0. You are writing about a subject without knowing anyone related to that subject.

Southeast Asian attitudes are shaped by Buddhism, much as Western attitudes have a historically bound and parochial cultural background. Kathoey is this a gloss for 'pandaka' (or, literally, eunuch but including intersex and nowadays glossed as 'neuter') in the Pali writ disseminated in Southeast Asia. Attitudes of Buddhism towards kathoey were not entirely positive, just because they were naturalistic about kathoey existence. After all, men and women have different virtues, and different cultivation as children: if someone is 'neuter' then it follows, that they can't have these virtues, or so the basic reasoning goes.

The question is whether the popular stereotypes reflect the higher incidence of certain co-morbidities among the kathoey demographic. Remember that negative stereotypes as exist in Thailand and neighbouring countries, do consider kathoey as a bit crazy, but not as (for example) irrationally violent or delusional. The stereotype is that their emotions are unstable, which is the domain of personality disorders involving dysphoria.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Manu said:

I've known a fair share of them, of all ages, in my nearly 18 years here.  And I've always found this assumption by "normal" Thais that, yes, they are a bit "touched".

I don't live in Pattaya or Phuket or even Bangkok, where violence seems to happen much more frequently, so I can address that issue personally.  But in the South and in the villages and small towns I've been in, they aren't known to be overly aggressive or violent but are regarded as "touched".

Not sure about your experiences about them but this is a pretty accurate description of what I've seen as other Thais towards them.

• Thanks 1

Bangla is a destination for the unsophisticated visitor and the criminal element and their victims/clientele. It has been like this for the past 20 years. When I stayed in Patong,  there was a visible police presence. They turned a blind eye to the touts and the slow loris exploitation etc., but their presence was a deterrence to the misfit contingent. During this entire episode, there was no police response. Inexcusable that in a high traffic, high crime, high tourist area, there are no beat cops.   

The embarrassing part of this  incident is that the chubby farang  was thrashed by kathoeys who were every bit as unattractive and loser as he was. In the old days, at least the Patong ladyboys made an effort. Today, they are outright unattractive and creepy.

• Like 1