News Forum - Thailand to track cannabis users in government database | Thailand News Today

Thaiger

Thailand to track cannabis users in government database Thai nationals will soon be required to show their ID cards when purchasing cannabis flowers. The ID and sales information will be entered into a government database, according to the Department of Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine (DTAM). Registered vendors will be required to insert the buyers’ ID into a “device” linked with the government system and input information regarding the amount of cannabis purchased. Any vendors who fail to submit reports will have their license revoked, according to the department’s director-general. The measure will come into effect once it is […]

The story Thailand to track cannabis users in government database | Thailand News Today as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I can't imagine either of the shops I've patronized in Hat Yai having the wherewithal to do this.

I popped into a new shop just the other day...essentially an empty store, with a bong on a shelf and a little street coffee stall out front. 

The young store owner had a collection of small zipped plastic bags.  I smelled a few and asked how much for a nicely compressed block - about the size of my very large thumb...50 baht.  I was shocked.  The first place I went to was charging much, much more for buds with "spiffy" names to them.

I bought two blocks.  Nice stuff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Will never happen. They can’t even track people not paying a parking ticket. 

They can't even build reliable online systems.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2