News Forum - Russian driver kills motorcycle rider in Phuket

Thaiger

8 minutes ago, Henry said:

Indicating 20 seconds prior to your intended move probably isn’t such a good idea. By the time you move over people will just assume you’ve got your indicator stuck on and ignore it. You have a relatively brief moment when people see you start to indicate and potentially (but not always) react accordingly.

During the 20 seconds I have already moved over to the left and have slowed down, the 'body language' of the car looks like it is intending to turn left.

What usually happens during that time is the bikes on the left have moved to overtake me on the right as I can see from both mirrors, it has worked for the last 35 years.

I have only killed two snakes and one dog during that period, no people so far. 🙂

9 hours ago, Henry said:

My experience is that probably less than 1 in 20 tourists rent a car. Of the ones that do seek mobility most (unwisely in my humble opinion) rent scooters.

That figure probably seems correct to me

Like I said I love to rent cars but cab seen why many would have no desire 

One of my favorite things to do is do a bit of research on where I will be driving so I have some reference points but then just stopping at places that look interesting and then finding a hotel just by deciding that where I will stay that night