News Forum - Despite poor Republican election showing, Trump expected to announce presidential bid Tuesday

Thaiger

Amidst a host of hotly contested races in the United States midterm elections, former President Donald Trump is expected to announce his run for president in 2024. Longtime advisor Jason Miller said yesterday that Trump is expected to officially throw his hat in the ring for the 2024 race on Tuesday, despite a relatively poor showing for his Republican Party, especially candidates he endorsed and campaigned for. Trump’s intention to run again might be Washington DC’s worst-kept secret, but many have been advising him not to announce his run in the middle of the current election results being tabulated and […]

The story Despite poor Republican election showing, Trump expected to announce presidential bid Tuesday as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

Run Donald Run!

I want to see Trump run for the simple reason that he is a loser and will lose, again.

Trump was lucky as hell in 2016 when his opponent was Hillary Clinton, perhaps the only other person in the US that was as hated and distrusted as Trump.

However, since then...

As De Facto Leader of the Republican party, he and his party lost in 2018. They lost in 2020. And, they lost in 2022.

The Republican party has, under Trump, become a grievance-fueled, reality-denying, group of trolls who stand for little except 'Owning the Libs", and that is a shame. Moreover, I don't see how that stops until such a time that Trump and Trumpy-type characters lose some more elections, which they will; the evidence is quite clear that Trumpism cannot win nationally or outside its ever-shrinking base.

I want to see a reformed Republican party. I am a 'small government, low taxes' kind of guy for the simple reason that it works; all this grievance, trolling, endless culture wars nonsense helps no one and just breeds disunity and hatred.

The party of Lincoln and Reagan was/is a great thing. The party of Trump merits the dustbins of history.

Run Donald Run.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

I read Trump has a big website asking for money so Georgia's Hershel Walker will win the run-off, yet 90% of the donations are going straight into his pocket. 

He can announce, but very few will donate to this idiot, so likely will not have the money to run a campaign.  Also who is going to be a campaign manager for him at this point?  The crazed MAGA people have no ability to run a campaign

Too late deniers, that ship has sailed baby  555 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Run Donald Run!

I want to see Trump run for the simple reason that he is a loser and will lose, again.

Trump was lucky as hell in 2016 when his opponent was Hillary Clinton, perhaps the only other person in the US that was as hated and distrusted as Trump.

However, since then...

As De Facto Leader of the Republican party, he and his party lost in 2018. They lost in 2020. And, they lost in 2022.

The Republican party has, under Trump, become a grievance-fueled, reality-denying, group of trolls who stand for little except 'Owning the Libs", and that is a shame. Moreover, I don't see how that stops until such a time that Trump and Trumpy-type characters lose some more elections, which they will; the evidence is quite clear that Trumpism cannot win nationally or outside its ever-shrinking base.

I want to see a reformed Republican party. I am a 'small government, low taxes' kind of guy for the simple reason that it works; all this grievance, trolling, endless culture wars nonsense helps no one and just breeds disunity and hatred.

The party of Lincoln and Reagan was/is a great thing. The party of Trump merits the dustbins of history.

Run Donald Run.

I have been vastly disappointed in my country for a long time

And I am finally proud of it again

The majority showed they aren't for all the nonsense culture wars and are for democracy 

And I am like you, I favor a lot of conservative policies 

And even when I don't, I'm ok to debate and disagree with them

I'm not ok with traitors trying to question our democracy 

So I'm fine with a poper Republican winning elections

But I am happy almost all election deniers lost 

And young people won this election 

If you look at University voting it skies almost 90% democrats

Who would have figured young kids don't like getting shot up at school and young girls get their bodily rights

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The "swamp" is the breeding ground for both republicans and democrats... but the real deniers are the voters who keep voting for the same politicians over and over expecting different results... HAHAHA

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Marc26 said:

If you look at University voting it skies almost 90% democrats

I would imagine the same is true in most western democracies. Many young people favour the messages and agendas of the liberal left. As they gain experience in life and realise life isn’t always fair and pay their taxes to see much of it wasted, they tend to move more right of centre. As you indicate and we have seen around the world, the political landscape is becoming far too polarised. Sensible debate, compromise and finding the middle ground seems to be a thing of the past. I place a lot of blame of Social Media. Society simply hasn’t learned how to use it in a civilised way. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Soidog said:

I would imagine the same is true in most western democracies. Many young people favour the messages and agendas of the liberal left. 

Yes you are right but the turnout was massive this time, lines for hours

So I hope the GOP keeps appeasing old white people on Fox with their nonsense culture wars while alienating the youth vote...........

As I said above, all these young people have had to live through mass shootings, mass shooting drills and then have their bodily rights threatened

Keep nomonating extreme candidates who make weird  gun commercials

34 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Yes you are right but the turnout was massive this time, lines for hours

So I hope the GOP keeps appeasing old white people on Fox with their nonsense culture wars while alienating the youth vote...........

As I said above, all these young people have had to live through mass shootings, mass shooting drills and then have their bodily rights threatened

Keep nomonating extreme candidates who make weird  gun commercials

I don’t profess to understand the American election system and all of the intricacies. However, from the headlines I see, it seems the House and the Senate look more or less 50/50. I may be wrong and such a close majority may be the norm?  However, it looks to me as though the country is divided 50/50? 

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

I don’t profess to understand the American election system and all of the intricacies. However, from the headlines I see, it seems the House and the Senate look more or less 50/50. I may be wrong and such a close majority may be the norm?  However, it looks to me as though the country is divided 50/50? 

Trump lost the popular vote twice. And in these they often have a way to draw counties limits in a way that favours Republicans. Theyre great at cheating within the rules.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Soidog said:

Yes it is still a country divided but midterms are almost always losses for the incumbent administration's party, especially in the House

Obama and Trump lost significant House seats in their midterms and Obama lost 6 and 9 in the Senate(Trump gained 2 in Senate, lost 40 in the house)

You combined that with where inflation(world problem, not a US/Biden problem) plus the extreme gerrymandering Republicans did to retain a good amount of their seats, it was a massive victory for the Democrats

Most thought inflation would be the major factor, but people actually shunned the real crazy Republicans, all the election deniers

That is a huge victory for the country

• Like 1

Is Pence the most pathetic guy in the world???

Trump put his wife and kids in danger and he can't even go after the guy

What a gutless pussy 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Marc26 said:

It's amazing how infantile so many of the comments on this forum are

Just a bunch of dumb grown men.....

Yes... you are so much smarter and worldly... HAHAHA