News Forum - 4,000 Muslims protest against construction of Kuan Yin statue in southern Thailand

Thaiger

51 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Some are more bothered about it than others. 

Apparently. Seems is causing a lot of envy down yonder in the south. 

11 minutes ago, brian60221 said:

"Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and spread mischief in the land is death, crucifixion, cutting off their hands and feet on opposite sides, or exile from the land."

https://quran.com/5?startingVerse=33

Please note, "spreading mischief in the land" just means opposing Islam in any way.

I wouldn't normally do this, but seeing how I'm waiting for my wife to get ready and she'll be a while....😆😆.

It's easy to just lift a verse out of the Qur'an and say it means this or it means that. 

The preceding verse 5:32 clearly states,""Killing a person who has not committed any cruelty or corruption. Killing an innocent person." ….whoever kills a soul, without [its being guilty of] manslaughter or corruption on the earth, is as though he had killed all mankind, and whoever saves a life is as though he had saved all mankind…

The next verse(5:33), the one you quote is about war with those who try to fight Islam and the Prophet and oppress on earth. The Qur'an considers fighting them and killing them as punishment for their seditionist actions and thoughts. 

the point is that it is not okay to attack the innocent (5:32), but if someone comes to attack you (in your land), you can defend yourself and act appropriately (5:33). 

no different to someone coming into your house, defend your house. 

anyways, there are people far more qualified to have a theological discussion than you or I. 

you believe what you want and I'll believe what I want. And let's leave it at that I think. 

enjoy the rest of your day. 🤗🤗

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Apparently. Seems is causing a lot of envy down yonder in the south. 

And some seem to have inferiority complexes about their size up north....😝😝😝

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Smiler said:

Lots of comments on here some supporting some condemning but let’s face facts which religion in the world causes the most deaths simply because of its intolerance I’ll give you a clue it’s not Buddhism 

On the other hand, far higher chance of getting caught up in a mass shooting in the US, than be a victim of some religious nutjob. 

It's all relative. 

On 8/5/2022 at 6:28 PM, TheDirtyDurian said:

3 mosque in the whole of Chiang MaiStan, clearly they're taking over!!

How many Christian churches in the whole of Saudi Arabia? How many Buddhist temples? How many Synagogues? 

Yeah the faux outrage is clear.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

What intolerance are you referring to?

There are a large number of posters on here who appear very anti all things Muslim. 

Quite odd considering they've probably never spent much time, if any in any Muslim countries. Probably don't have any Muslim friends etc etc. 

A layover in Dubai, Doha, Abu Dhabi does not count by the way. 

If you misconstrued my comment,  apologies. It was only meant as a joke invitation for the aforementioned bigots to start coming in with the, "Muslims do this, Muslims do that and so on and so forth" 

And sure enough, it didn't take long! 😆😆😆

Seems to be a lot of experts on "how Muslims be like" on this forum, but you have to ask what that experience that is based upon. A lot of hate and bigotry. 

Screenshot_20220806_085827.thumb.jpg.4e695e368d01e21376c228f953557a31.jpg

Please tell us what Surah 9:5 means then?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, brian60221 said:

This just isn't useful to say that all whatevers are infinitely far from some imaginary ideal, so they're all the same. They're not the same. Try to find a news report about a Methodist or a Jew or a Sikh or a Hindu or a Buddhist shouting "God is great!" and then exploding themselves in a pizza parlor or attacking random passers-by with a machete or whatever. You'll be hard-pressed to find any. But the results for Muslims would fill a multi-volume encyclopedia.

That's not to say that most Muslims have anything to do with that. Most Muslims probably just try to use religion to make themselves better people, which is the actual purpose of religion. But it's wrong to act as if all religions are the same. It's not some accident or coincidence that 99.999% of the religiously-motivated attacks come from one group.

And to single out Muslims when Catholic Church has raped 100's of thousands of  kid is pretty convenient

By the way, raping of 1000's of kids was systematic in the Catholic Church and allowed to happen all the way to the top of the leadership.

I can provied a list of other atrocities the Catholic Church has perpetrated if you want

I will throw in other religions as well

27 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Thank you for your kind regards.

Now tell us what Surah 9:5 means.

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Please tell us what Surah 9:5 means then?

Seeing how you're suddenly a theological scholar, the Thai expat community is surely a wonderful thing, perhaps you can explain 9:4 and 9:6, together with 9:5, and the relative context..

As, I said in another post, it's easy to pull one-liners out of the hat to suit your aims. 🤗🤗🤗

Wishing you a blessed day. 

8 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Thank you for your kind regards.

Now tell us what Surah 9:5 means.

Verse 9:5. "Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush

As to what it means - who knows? There seem to be numerous contradictory interpretations, ranging from from Islamic fanatics through to critics of Islam. Much like any religious tract. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Seeing how you're suddenly a theological scholar, the Thai expat community is surely a wonderful thing, perhaps you can explain 9:4 and 9:6, together with 9:5, and the relative context..

As, I said in another post, it's easy to pull one-liners out of the hat to suit your aims. 🤗🤗🤗

Wishing you a blessed day. 

I am here to be educated so please enlighten me what 9:4 9:5 and 9:6 actually say?

In the previous post I think we got a taste of what the "Religion of peace" actually means.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

And to single out Muslims when Catholic Church has raped 100's of thousands of  kid is pretty convenient

By the way, raping of 1000's of kids was systematic in the Catholic Church and allowed to happen all the way to the top of the leadership.

I can provied a list of other atrocities the Catholic Church has perpetrated if you want

I will throw in other religions as well

How old was Mohamed's youngest bride? 

• Like 2

*A particularly offensive post has been   removed.*

*A reply quoting that, has also been removed.*

• Like 1

How many Christian churches in the whole of Saudi Arabia? How many Buddhist temples? How many Synagogues? 

What's that got to with the price of rice in Thailand or a planned Kuan Yin monument? 😆

I am sure you could satisfy your curiousity via google. 😎

1 minute ago, astro said:

What's that got to with the price of rice in Thailand or a planned Kuan Yin monument? 😆

I am sure you could satisfy your curiousity via google. 😎

The point is some religions demand recognition while refusing to accommodate other religions. 

I dont need to use google because I know the answer to my question is that there are no churches, temples or synagogues in Saudi Arabia.

But you knew that too hence your evasion to answer a simple question. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

How old was Mohamed's youngest bride? 

Well I guess that makes raping 1000's of kids ok then!

You peope are utterly absurd 

^^

You expect me to answer a question when you know the answer already? 🤣

The topic is not Saudi nor Islam, but the erection of a gigantic monument in Songkla province, Thailand.

4000 Muslims who live there protest against it, as is their constitutional right as citizens of Thailand.

The "intolerance" seems to be on the part of a number of posters here.

4 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Well I guess that makes raping 1000's of kids ok then!

You peope are utterly absurd 

No I am just pointing out your hypocrisy. 

I will never defend the abuse any kid has suffered at the hands of others. However the Arab world has a long history of slavery and child abuse.

Would you care to condemn that too?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, astro said:

^^

You expect me to answer a question when you know the answer already? 🤣

The topic is not Saudi nor Islam, but the erection of a gigantic monument in Songkla province, Thailand.

4000 Muslims who live there protest against it, as is their constitutional right as citizens of Thailand.

The "intolerance" seems to be on the part of a number of posters here.

No it is still relevant because one side demands tolerance of their religion while not doing the same for other religions.

• Like 2

I am here to be educated so please enlighten me what 9:4 9:5 and 9:6 actually say?

In the previous post I think we got a taste of what the "Religion of peace" actually means.

Just Google, Quora, Wiki etc. You'll get far more detail and context than I have the time or the patience to give you. 

Watching the football right now. ⚽ 

Why don't you pop into your local mosque and ask someone...

May Allah enlighten you ..👍✅🤗

• Haha 1

Just now, TheDirtyDurian said:

Just Google, Quora, Wiki etc. You'll get far more detail and context than I have the time or the patience to give you. 

Watching the football right now. ⚽ 

Why don't you pop into your local mosque and ask someone...

May Allah enlighten you ..👍✅🤗

Yeah right and get my head cut off.

I asked you a specific question which for some reason you seem reluctant to reply to.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

No it is still relevant because one side demands tolerance of their religion while not doing the same for other religions.

Thai Muslims do not tolerate Buddhism in the country? 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I asked you a specific question which for some reason you seem reluctant to reply to.

Is there an obligation to answer questions on this forum, even off-topic, specious and spurious ones? 🤔

34 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The point is some religions demand recognition while refusing to accommodate other religions. 

I dont need to use google because I know the answer to my question is that there are no churches, temples or synagogues in Saudi Arabia.

But you knew that too hence your evasion to answer a simple question. 

It's true that there are no official churches in Saudi Arabia, but you can practice any religion you like in the privacy of your own home, and people are allowed to bring a religious text into the country for personal use. But Saudi is but one small part of the Muslim world.

So what is your point? And what's the relevance to the statue in Thailand. 

9 minutes ago, astro said:

Thai Muslims do not tolerate Buddhism in the country? 😂

Not in certain areas it would appear.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, astro said:

Is there an obligation to answer questions on this forum, even off-topic, specious and spurious ones? 🤔

Yeah OK. I asked a question and you have done everything you can to avoid it.

Noted.