News Forum - 4,000 Muslims protest against construction of Kuan Yin statue in southern Thailand

Thaiger

9 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Yeah right and get my head cut off.

I asked you a specific question which for some reason you seem reluctant to reply to.

😆😆😆

Come on. Your just being silly now. 

I think if you're really interested in learning more about the Qur'an and approach someone at your local mosque with sincerity and honesty in your heart 💓💓, they will be more than happy to talk to you. 

I just can't be bothered...😲😆

It's an anonymous forum on t'internet. Probably not the best place to go looking for spiritual enlightenment!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

It's true that there are no official churches in Saudi Arabia, but you can practice any religion you like in the privacy of your own home, and people are allowed to bring a religious text into the country for personal use. But Saudi is but one small part of the Muslim world.

So what is your point? And what's the relevance to the statue in Thailand. 

Do the same rules apply to muslims here or anywhere else?

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Yeah OK. I asked a question and you have done everything you can to avoid it.

Noted.

Maybe you're "that guy" at the office party, you know, the one everyone tried to avoid ..😝😝😝

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

No it is still relevant because one side demands tolerance of their religion while not doing the same for other religions.

Kind of sounds like abortion.....

Which we know one religion imposes their beliefs on all others 

I guess you have to think in terms of more than one side 

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Do the same rules apply to muslims here or anywhere else?

Why would Saudi law apply in Thailand??

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

😆😆😆

Come on. Your just being silly now. 

I think if you're really interested in learning more about the Qur'an and approach someone at your local mosque with sincerity and honesty in your heart 💓💓, they will be more than happy to talk to you. 

I just can't be bothered...😲😆

It's an anonymous forum on t'internet. Probably not the best place to go looking for spiritual enlightenment!

No you cant be bothered because you do not want to answer the difficult questions.

Explain Surah 5:3 5:4 5:5 and 5:6.

Explain ISUS. Explain 9/11. 

Explain why in large parts of the middle east and Africa you will be executed for simply NOT being a muslim. Explain why underage school girls were dragged off to become jihadist wives in africa?

Basically stop hiding behind this "go educate yourself" and explain why all these atrocities are being committed. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Why would Saudi law apply in Thailand??

Name another country where muslims are prevented from building a place of worship.

But in Saudi Arabia anything other than a mosque is banned.

18 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

No you cant be bothered because you do not want to answer the difficult questions.

Explain why in large parts of the middle east and Africa you will be executed for simply NOT being a muslim. Explain why underage school girls were dragged off to become jihadist wives in africa?

Basically stop hiding behind this "go educate yourself" and explain why all these atrocities are being committed. 

I can't be bothered to engage with YOU..

You get it yet?? 😆😆

I said in a previous post somewhere, you believe what you want,  and I'll believe what I want. We're obviously not going to agree so there's no point going in with this. 

Enjoy the rest of your evening. 💚✅👍

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah, mine keeps on running down my boxers and trying poke out the bottom of my shorts. It is a hassle. 

Been on the mushrooms 🍄🍄🍄 again?

6 minutes ago, LilyPaffet said:

Has anybody told you that you look like a junkie btw with that grey hair? 

Did many drugs when you was young? Shame

You joined Thaigre Forum 4 hours ago, you have 9 posts and 3 of those are pointed at trying to insult me. I don’t think you will last long here if that is how you want to be on this forum. Try to take a different approach would probably be the better way to react with folk on here. Have a good night. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Aren't your suggestive, spurious questions just a tiny bit off-topic? 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Yeah OK. I asked a question and you have done everything you can to avoid it.

Noted.

But you said you knew the answer already. 🤣

...and it wasn't even addressed to me. 😎

2 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Been on the mushrooms 🍄🍄🍄 again?

Pretty much my view of anyone (regardless of religion or creed) that thinks that they have been having long meaningful conversations with some or other sky fairy. Either too many hallucinogens or need to go back on their meds. 

• Like 2

On 8/5/2022 at 12:12 PM, TheDirtyDurian said:

Absolutely, just as the Muslims are perfectly entitled to protest about it. 

Not in Muslim governed lands they’re not. Any protests there result in long prison times, torture  …. or worse.

You see, God has appointed these corrupt “ Muslim” rulers to power so any protest against them or their actions is a protest & insult to God ! 😩🤣😡Blasphemy !😡😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Several immature & childish posts have been removed 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

17 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

What intolerance are you referring to?

There are a large number of posters on here who appear very anti all things Muslim. 

Quite odd considering they've probably never spent much time, if any in any Muslim countries. Probably don't have any Muslim friends etc etc. 

A layover in Dubai, Doha, Abu Dhabi does not count by the way. 

If you misconstrued my comment,  apologies. It was only meant as a joke invitation for the aforementioned bigots to start coming in with the, "Muslims do this, Muslims do that and so on and so forth" 

And sure enough, it didn't take long! 😆😆😆

Seems to be a lot of experts on "how Muslims be like" on this forum, but you have to ask what that experience that is based upon. A lot of hate and bigotry. 

Screenshot_20220806_085827.thumb.jpg.4e695e368d01e21376c228f953557a31.jpg

You can quote the Quran all that you want... it still doesn't change the fact that muslims have managed to earn a reputation as intolerant zealots... go figure

• Like 3

On 8/5/2022 at 10:30 PM, brian60221 said:

I mean, I don't blame you for abandoning the debate and switching to personal attacks. I wouldn't want to be in the position of trying to defend thousands of suicide bombings and all that. Like, let's just consider a Thaiger search for "insurgents", which is of course just a euphemism for Muslims: https://thethaiger.com/?s=insurgents

How many pages do you need to scroll through before you start to think I might have a tiny bit of a point?

That's just the Thaiger. Anyone who searches could find a basically infinite number of newspaper clippings from 50+ years ago about attacks and suicide bombings by Muslims. Sorry! I just know some facts about the world that aren't very nice.

How many Thai Muslim suicide attacks in Thailand - none? You do understand Islam is protected by the Thai Constitution and the higest Office Holder in Thailand has a full time Thai Muslim adviser. If you are unable to accept Thai Muslims - why do you live in Thailand? The statue in the OP planning to be built in a Thai Muslim area where they are the tradional land owners. Locals have every right to object, whether their objections are acted upon is the unknown.

Edited by PBS
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hey, many non-muslims really, really hate those mosqes with those loud prayers multiple times a day. But will they move? Nope. Everyone just has to be the way Muslims want it to be but never the other way around. 

Don't get me wrong tho. There are many friendly Muslims that I know. The thing is always those fanatics. 

• Like 2

On 8/5/2022 at 6:13 PM, TheDirtyDurian said:

Completely unrelated to the topic but thanks for sharing your opinions there. 

On 8/5/2022 at 6:15 PM, TheDirtyDurian said:

The topic is about a peaceful protest about a statue. 

Anything that's against my opinion is unrated to the topic so it should be deleted? You really want to join those few that always do that here? 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 7:28 PM, Manu said:

24% of the entire population of the world is muslim and your comment refers to a tiny minority of extremists, the ones we hear in the news. And that is enough for a lot of people like you to classify their entire comminity of 1.8 billion people. It is like saying that all catholic priests are pedophils. "it just comes from what they do" for people who are ignorant and prejudiced (to stay polite).

I've to note, not all Muslims are extremists. But probaly the most extremists (we hear of) are Muslims. If no one within that religion stands up against those extremists, the reputation will only go one way; down. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Well, it is only one statue of 35,000 other imaginary beings of Gods, Deities and the like. Still comes down to my imaginary friend is better than yours.

With some, it's even like:

I'm going to hate and kill you to show how peaceful my God is! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

With some, it's even like:

I'm going to hate and kill you to show how peaceful my God is! 

The extremists, yes.

• Cool 1