News Forum - Bangkok CCTV footage can now be accessed online

Thaiger

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration announced yesterday that accessing the capital’s CCTV footage is now easier than ever. CCTV footage can now be requested through two online channels – the CCTV Bangkok website and the Line account @CCTVBANGKOK. If you are involved in an accident or are a victim of crime in Bangkok, you are entitled to and may want to request public CCTV footage. Yesterday, Deputy Governor of Bangkok Wissanu Sapsompol explained the process… “To request footage, applicants must first file a police report at the district police station where the incident took place. Then, attach the police report, a […]

The story Bangkok CCTV footage can now be accessed online as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I like the idea but is that not the job from the police so now they make you do the work and ask for a brown envelope for the case you solved yourself  

• Like 1

So let me get this straight you get robbed, you make a police report then YOU go round getting the numbers of all the CCTV cameras that might have captured the crime, review the footage identify the thief then let the police have a picture of him/her (or do they also expect you to go look for and arrest them too?). I appreciate the plod in Bangkok are pretty useless but surely they aught to do SOME work other than shaking down bars motorists etc.