News Forum - Police arrest Scottish man wanted since 2014 in Pattaya

Thaiger

Yesterday, Thai police arrested a 46 year old Scottish man in Pattaya who was convicted of possessing indecent images of children in May 2014. William Dempster fled the UK eight years ago before he could be sentenced and has been on the run in Thailand ever since. The Royal Thai Police, Police Scotland and the National Crime Agency worked together to arrest him under an international arrest warrant yesterday, May 30. Police Scotland released a statement saying William will now be subject to extradition proceedings. SOURCE: Police Scotland

The story Police arrest Scottish man wanted since 2014 in Pattaya as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 2

well bloddy pädos...i imagine it to be very difficult for a western foreigner to go underground in thailand...every hotel ask your passport..the place is  plastered with cameras....and as a westerner here you stick out ike a tattood pig regardless where you go  .no real way to make money because of the strict foreigners rule...unless he speaks fluent thai has plenty of cash and  a well connected family who protect him it seems to be impossible to hide that long...south america or mexico much easier ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He should serve his sentence in a Thai prison, not in some cushy UK holiday home from home . You can bet that he has committed some crimes here in that time. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

He should serve his sentence in a Thai prison, not in some cushy UK holiday home from home . You can bet that he has committed some crimes here in that time. 

I read Wandsworth complies with Thai standards 😄

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, dingdong said:

well bloddy pädos...i imagine it to be very difficult for a western foreigner to go underground in thailand...every hotel ask your passport..the place is  plastered with cameras....and as a westerner here you stick out ike a tattood pig regardless where you go  .no real way to make money because of the strict foreigners rule...unless he speaks fluent thai has plenty of cash and  a well connected family who protect him it seems to be impossible to hide that long...south america or mexico much easier ...

Yet he did so for 6 years. Thailand has always been a hideout for smugglers and thieves. There is a generally lawlessness in Pattaya that makes it the epicenter. Truth is Thailand's economic reliance on tourism creates cover, crowds, and undocumented vice income, enabling foreign criminals to enter and remain in the country overstaying tourist visas. 

I’m often surprised that foreign police forces (sorry, services!) don’t do more to highlight criminals on the run. Over the years I’ve heard of a number of dangerous criminals caught in Thailand and many more stories of people who locals and expats have concerns about. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scarface said:

Well what a shock, he went to Pattaya. The worlds dumping ground for scum.

That's a little harsh on the Ths City I've called home for 10 years. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cabra said:

There is a generally lawlessness in Pattaya that makes it the epicenter

You think Pattaya is lawless Cabra where is home for you Vatican City 5555.

I've been in many Lawless places and Pattaya wouldn't even rank in the top 100.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, 23RD said:

You think Pattaya is lawless Cabra where is home for you Vatican City 5555.

I agree, Pattaya is relatively safe as a tourist City.  Yes there is crime, but the bigger problems are in two areas, low level scams and ladyboy thugs/thieves.  Provided you stay clear of both, then its safe enough. However, as a prime example,  walking around at 3am, chatting up ladyboy's, wearing gold , is plainly insanely dumb. So right now, there seems to be a lot of Indian Sub Continent, thick as a brick dumbness going on. As for criminals hiding out, that would also be insanely dumb in such a high profile location in LOS. Then again,  I doubt that this low life is the sharpest tool in the box. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pinetree said:

As for criminals hiding out, that would also be insanely dumb in such a high profile location in LOS.

I’m not so sure about that. Foreigners stick out like a sore thumb in smaller rural locations and cause people to ask questions. In Pattaya a new hair style and wearing sunglasses can make you like the rest of the hoard.  If anyone asks what they did before coming to Thailand, they can say they were a Navy Seal or SAS. I’ve met loads of them in Thailand 😉 

4 hours ago, dingdong said:

well bloddy pädos...i imagine it to be very difficult for a western foreigner to go underground in thailand...every hotel ask your passport..the place is  plastered with cameras....and as a westerner here you stick out ike a tattood pig regardless where you go  .no real way to make money because of the strict foreigners rule...unless he speaks fluent thai has plenty of cash and  a well connected family who protect him it seems to be impossible to hide that long...

Well he still managed to be on the run in Thailand since 2014, that's quite a good run for any country.

8 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

However, as a prime example,  walking around at 3am, chatting up ladyboy's, wearing gold , is plainly insanely dumb. So right now, there seems to be a lot of Indian Sub Continent, thick as a brick dumbness going on.

Exactly Pinetree these insurance scams (I mean Street crimes)  give the place and unwarranted bad name. 

Real crime in Pattaya is about as rare as an Indian wearing a 45k gold chain. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 23RD said:

Fair enough. Lawless was harsh. It's certainly no Tijuana (or any of a 100 other worse places). I'll retract and go with: sleezy with horrid beaches. Not my kind of place 🤷

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cabra said:

sleezy with horrid beaches.

Definitely sleezy but the beaches look alot cleaner lately 555

Edited by 23RD
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skip said:

I hope that he doesn't have to do any work when in prison... it's so inhumane.

They'll offer him work release then he'll escape

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

they can say they were a Navy Seal or SAS. I’ve met loads of them in Thailand

Me too, and they never seem to look like Ex Special Forces, more like candidates for special needs. 😀

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, 23RD said:

Definitely sleezy but the beaches look alot cleaner lately 555

Pity that the sea water is not 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Me too, and they never seem to look like Ex Special Forces, more like candidates for special needs. 😀

Rule of thumb if their talking about it to strangers they've never experienced it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Given the images he was caught with, almost predictably crimes involving children...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Viggen8408 said:

Given the images he was caught with, almost predictably crimes involving children...

The Thais should thoroughly investigate  what he has been up to here before they extradite him.