News Forum - UKRAINE UPDATES: Ultimatums ‘not feasible’; Russian offensive stalls; Putin’s ‘back is against the wall’

Thaiger

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

Ukraine will however never qualify for NATO; highly corrupt like Russia with insufficient land & border control.

I would not bet on it that this is keeping Nato, now, from considerating! If there is another chance. Same like EU seem to be willing to drop "a couple" of requirements, also, to get a new money grab into the Union, quickly. If they get a chance to do so. 

They probably would start rushing Serbias membership now, and soon after allowing Ukraine in.

Oh I envy the English, they can watch pretty relaxed at all this nonsense, now. Just they need more truckdrivers.

4 minutes ago, palooka said:

Putin had his chance also. You are backing a madman and madmen do not prevail. History is littered with madmen who all failed.

Russia is heading for a total financial collapse that will push them back to where they were post USSR break up (broke) or worse, I'll go with worse, reparations to Eukraine will keep Russia poor for decades.

Yes they have huge natural resources but those are only any good if you can sell them, no buyers, NO MONEY.

XJP is already looking at Putins weakness in this conflict (as is the world) and casting eyes over territories that belong to China (at least to Chinese interpretation) in East Russia.

Putin is a very lonely man in this world, soon also in Russia, the truth of which may eventually get past his ego.

Yet another sycophantic, virtue signaling attempt to opine on things you have very little actual knowledge of... Its typical behavior on this platform. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, palooka said:

Yes they have huge natural resources but those are only any good if you can sell them, no buyers, NO MONEY

India and China are desperate to get cheap gas, oil, petrol. So the "no buyer" thing should be of the plate, don't you think?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

India and China are desperate to get cheap gas, oil, petrol. So the "no buyer" thing should be of the plate, don't you think?

It depends on what sanctions the west will impose on India and China if they buy it.

Remember their biggest markets are the west not Russia so who do you think they need the most?

Here is a warning... Because I happen to be in the know. If the "West" continues to ignore the now demands of Putin, because "negotiations" have now moved into a new paradigm, and continue to move equipment and personnel into Ukraine, Putin will be forced to take this conflict where we REALLY do not want to go. As I have said repeatedly, the West had 8 years to de-escalate this conflict... Putin has been forced to act. The West really needs to sit down and consider where this is headed. America is currently the only country to use Nuclear weapons in a conflict, we just very well may see this happen again. Yes... we are at the brink. 

3 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Here is a warning... Because I happen to be in the know. If the "West" continues to ignore the now demands of Putin, because "negotiations" have now moved into a new paradigm, and continue to move equipment and personnel into Ukraine, Putin will be forced to take this conflict where we REALLY do not want to go. As I have said repeatedly, the West had 8 years to de-escalate this conflict... Putin has been forced to act. The West really needs to sit down and consider where this is headed. America is currently the only country to use Nuclear weapons in a conflict, we just very well may see this happen again. Yes... we are at the brink. 

Are we wasting our time asking for a link for that one, somehow I just think we might. More Jackanory. 😂😂😂

28 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Yet another sycophantic, virtue signaling attempt to opine on things you have very little actual knowledge of... Its typical behavior on this platform. 

The agressor is Putin here, he invaded another country.

Ok I respect your view.  Time will tell who interpreted the situation realistically.

I think you may be too close on a personal view to the situation.  

Why can't countries get over their power plays and egos and we all work together for the benefit of mankind, the world has enough problems already. There is a whole universe out there waiting.

15 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Retired KGB or GRU

2 minutes ago, palooka said:

Ok I respect your view.  Time will tell who interpreted the situation realistically.

Why can't countries get over their power plays and egos and we all work together for the benefit of mankind, the world has enough problems already. There is a whole universe out there waiting.

That time has past... events are moving quickly. Try to wrap your head around this excellent assessment of the now situation... 

https://tomluongo.me/2022/03/18/putin-destined-to-hang-or-drown/

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

I would not bet on it that this is keeping Nato, now, from considerating! If there is another chance. Same like EU seem to be willing to drop "a couple" of requirements, also, to get a new money grab into the Union, quickly. If they get a chance to do so. 

They probably would start rushing Serbias membership now, and soon after allowing Ukraine in.

Oh I envy the English, they can watch pretty relaxed at all this nonsense, now. Just they need more truckdrivers.

Serbia is another recently genocidal nation closely allied to & supporting Russia, so no chance. NATO not conceived to defend or admit countries not fully controlling their lands & borders, so that’s a No for Ukraine too.

The British are proven people of ACTION with troops in Baltics & Poland and supporting Ukraine with Sanctions, Weapons, Supplies, Training, Politics & Intelligence. 

Meanwhile Spain & Italy have bravely seized a few oligarch yachts …not sure if Portugal or Greece have said or done a damn thing of value .all NATO nations.

51 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Also there is Barter. Oil for Steel or Wheat perhaps ?🤣😩

8 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Serbia is another recently genocidal nation closely allied to & supporting Russia, so no chance.

FYI:

I said EU, connected to Serbia. The NATO part stopped with fullstop/period, there were the next sentence started: "Same like EU seem to be willing...."

Aside that Serbia DON'T wanna join Nato, so that is not even in question. But : Serbia IS a member of the NATO's Partnership for peace.

So, YES, if Serbia wanted, NATO would take 'em!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, palooka said:

Tyrants need Power, Money, Blood, Land. Preferably Other Peoples. Democracy Rare & Contrary to Human Nature which appears Hard Wired for Religion & Strong Leaders & Land, which all produce War.
World Peace a Naive Ms Universe concept. Plato correct 2500 years ago; “only the dead have seen the end of war”.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

FYI:

I said EU, connected to Serbia. The NATO part stopped with fullstop/period, there were the next sentence started: "Same like EU seem to be willing...."

Aside that Serbia DON'T wanna join Nato, so that is not even in question. But : Serbia IS a member of the NATO's Partnership for peace.

So, YES, if Serbia wanted, NATO would take 'em!

No. Serbia don’t qualify & would be vetoed anyway. Not wanted. No strategic value. Not Western.  Not worth defending ( who from, their Russian pals ?). 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

That time has past... events are moving quickly. Try to wrap your head around this excellent assessment of the now situation... 

https://tomluongo.me/2022/03/18/putin-destined-to-hang-or-drown/

No Talk with Liar Putin. West to just continue to bleed Russia dry in Ukraine 🤣🤨and Wreck Russian Economy.Putin will be removed internally.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

It depends on what sanctions the west will impose on India and China if they buy it.

Remember their biggest markets are the west not Russia so who do you think they need the most?

You don't see the problem with sanctions on Gas , Oil, Petrol buying? 

Is Germany, the EU sanctioned? Not even Biden, AFTER he (LoL) stopped USA buying Oil and Oil-products in Russia(at least officially)  , is calling for sanctions on Germany and the EU. 

Aside that making China the extended work bench of the world, that would get "a lot" western countries in trouble! 

Oh, and with the markets: Last Info's I had, China and India have about 40% of world population, and their biggest market is now INNER ASIA, for about 10 years already. Plus now with ASEAN, this market is growing by the day.

I am not even sure, they would start a trade war with China, in case China would openly support Russia with weapons. Like the west supports Ukraine? Because that would hurt a lot, the west I mean!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CamPat said:

People in Mariupol certainly don't want to be killed but escape as long as they can. There is currently at least a Human Corridor which is not reported in the censored western media leaving many blind on one eye. https://www.ruptly.tv/en/videos/20220318-023-Ukraine-Mariupol-residents-leave-the-city-passing-through-Russian-military-checkpoints

Human Corridors have enabled more than 3 million Ukrainians to flee, both to Europe and even Russia (labeled as kidnapping by western media). Whatever one believes there is no doubt that this is the first serious war in the past 70+ years that actually allows Human Corridors. Ask the People in Afghanistan, Irak, syria etc. Civilians killed there were reported simply as "Collateral Damage".

No human corridors before 3 million escaped out

7 hours ago, Noble_Design said:

Also why is Renault resuming production at Moscow plant? When is Renault going to be sanctioned?

https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/renault-resumes-production-moscow-plant

Are you going to compensate the French and Japanese public who will have to make good once Renault collapses? Renault is over exposed financially in Russia. This is a restart in name only. Because of the parts shortages, e.g. semi conductors, electric components, the production line at 1 of 3 plants is not going to run for very long. meanwhile, Russian law compelled  Renault owners (which includes Renault France and Nissan Japan) to keep paying employees and plant costs including taxes. Where do you expect renault to get the money to pay the local financial obligations ? Are you even aware that Russia has the right to nationalize the Renault facilities if they stayed closed?

15 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

No. Serbia don’t qualify & would be vetoed anyway. Not wanted. No strategic value. Not Western.  Not worth defending ( who from, their Russian pals ?). 

Even if it does not fit your pov, NATO has offered Serbia to enter the "intensified dialog" about membership, already over a decade ago.

On 1 October 2008, Serbian Defence Minister Dragan Šutanovac signed the Information Exchange Agreement with the NATO, one of the prerequisites for fuller membership in the Partnership for Peace programme.

Get updated, mate!

15 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Is Germany, the EU sanctioned? Not even Biden, AFTER he (LoL) stopped USA buying Oil and Oil-products in Russia(at least officially)  , is calling for sanctions on Germany and the EU. 

Aside that making China the extended work bench of the world, that would get "a lot" western countries in trouble! 

Oh, and with the markets: Last Info's I had, China and India have about 40% of world population, and their biggest market is now INNER ASIA, for about 10 years already. Plus now with ASEAN, this market is growing by the day.

I am not even sure, they would start a trade war with China, in case China would openly support Russia with weapons. Like the west supports Ukraine? Because that would hurt a lot, the west I mean!

And when western manufacturers leave India and China?

Yeah thats right. Their economies collapse.

The EU has been told to get off Russian supplies. And it can do that. Its more expensive but thats the way of things when you engage in economic sanctions.

12 minutes ago, Vigo said:

Are you going to compensate the French and Japanese public who will have to make good once Renault collapses? Renault is over exposed financially in Russia. This is a restart in name only. Because of the parts shortages, e.g. semi conductors, electric components, the production line at 1 of 3 plants is not going to run for very long. meanwhile, Russian law compelled  Renault owners (which includes Renault France and Nissan Japan) to keep paying employees and plant costs including taxes. Where do you expect renault to get the money to pay the local financial obligations ? Are you even aware that Russia has the right to nationalize the Renault facilities if they stayed closed?

Renault kept paying its employees because its the right thing to do.

Renault can pull out of Russia tomorrow because France and the EU will pick up the bill.

35 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Well off topic . Subject is Ukraine not Asian markets. 

24 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Even if it does not fit your pov, NATO has offered Serbia to enter the "intensified dialog" about membership, already over a decade ago.

On 1 October 2008, Serbian Defence Minister Dragan Šutanovac signed the Information Exchange Agreement with the NATO, one of the prerequisites for fuller membership in the Partnership for Peace programme.

Get updated, mate!

Treaty 14 years old is hardly updated. Just politics to unsettle Russia. NATO did same for Ukraine & Georgia then too. Joining never happened and never will as Conditions not met & Veto would kick in Serbia less than full condemnation of Russia over Ukraine is not helpful either.