News Forum - Tourism official proposes payment solutions for Russians in Phuket

Thaiger

On 3/13/2022 at 10:00 AM, Saltire said:

Wonder if this would work in Thailand?

No, it wont!

The government has no friends in the 3 star hotel business, in 4 or 5 star however ....

• Like 1

Well, the poor Russians, they are destroying an entire neighboring nation, killing civilians and bombing up hospitals and ultimately sending old people, women and children fleeing in the freezing cold and now the 'Putiniskis' are howling under coconut palms and the most beautiful weather that they can't catch up with at home. One can only say: just watching RussiaToday and Russia News really doesn't pay off.

22 hours ago, Nivram said:

Russian tourists stuck in Thailand have nothing to do with the invasion of Ukraine.  It is the madman Putin who started it and his "yes sir" generals and politicians who are afraid to stand up to him for fear of repercusions.

And the Russian soldiers know nothing about war in Ukraine?... Blame it all with Putin? Get Real.  

If this 5000 allegedly ‘stranded’ are tourists then won’t they have a return flight already booked ? Else they wouldn’t have been allowed in right ? So at worst some hotel bills don’t get paid (or send the balance to the Russian embassy) 

So nothing is keeping them here, when you’re ready Vlad, the airports over there, go and do your bit to depose the lunatic you have turning your country into a failed state while you still have time. 

Hello HiuMak,

Wake up.

Soldiers follow orders from officers.

Officers follow orders from Putin

There is no internet in the field.

Soldiers didn't know why they were sent to Ukraine.

You want to disobey an order in the Russian military.

Welcome to Siberian labor camp.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nivram said:

Hello HiuMak,

Wake up.

Soldiers follow orders from officers.

Officers follow orders from Putin

There is no internet in the field.

Soldiers didn't know why they were sent to Ukraine.

You want to disobey an order in the Russian military.

Welcome to Siberian labor camp.

Just following orders excuse    I am sure I have heard that on before🤔

54 minutes ago, Thommo said:

Just following orders excuse    I am sure I have heard that on before🤔

Unluckily it isn't an excuse. The world wants to deal with the devil (Mr. Putin) then don't expect Russians to resolve it for you as they got burned by him already more than once.

if you think this is somewhat funny go to Iron Clad Russia and state the word 'war' let's see if we ever hear from you again.

1 hour ago, Shark said:

Unluckily it isn't an excuse. The world wants to deal with the devil (Mr. Putin) then don't expect Russians to resolve it for you as they got burned by him already more than once.

if you think this is somewhat funny go to Iron Clad Russia and state the word 'war' let's see if we ever hear from you again.

Thanks for the invite but I dont have a visa and my abtc is no good there  and also I was not making a joke of it   just making the point that the following orders excuse just will not wash as it has not in the past. 

2 minutes ago, Thommo said:

Thanks for the invite but I dont have a visa and my abtc is no good there  and also I was not making a joke of it   just making the point that the following orders excuse just will not wash as it has not in the past. 

The problem here is it is just the navy following orders. This is just truthful unluckily.
I don't see winners on either side, Russians are pretty much restricted and this isn't going to come to the outcome that Murica hopes for.

Let's see what the next thing will be WW-III is most likely upon us. It's just the question whom has the balls to stand up to Russia and what will China do after this.

• Like 1

I am so disgusted.I am sure it will haunt Thailand in the future.

By the way, the pregnant woman on a gurney carried out of the bombed maternity ward has died.So has the baby. Her husband and her father picked up the bodies together.

5 minutes ago, Totoro said:

I am so disgusted.I am sure it will haunt Thailand in the future.

By the way, the pregnant woman on a gurney carried out of the bombed maternity ward has died.So has the baby. Her husband and her father picked up the bodies together.

Ah yeah, typical European hypocrisy. 

Because Putin and his mercenaries are killing civilians in Ukraine, let's put sanctions on Russia targeted to affect the most the average Russian Joes, those which have a 9 to 5 job, those who probably don't even support Putin anyway. In the mean time let's keep giving millions upon millions to Putin by buying his gas

If the West cared about Ukrainians, they should send their troops to fight the Russians and help the Ukrainians. If you cared about that pregnant woman which died you would enlist and go to Ukraine to fight the Russians. 

Instead, it's much more comfortable to bash the innocent Russian holidaymaker in Phuket and the Thai government for trying to help them.

Edited by Sparktrader
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Ah yeah, typical European hypocrisy. 

Because Putin and his mercenaries are killing civilians in Ukraine, let's put sanctions on Russia targeted to affect the most the average Russian Joes, those which have a 9 to 5 job, those who probably don't even support Putin anyway. In the mean time let's keep giving millions upon millions to Putin by buying his gas

If the West cared about Ukrainians, they should send their troops to fight the Russians and help the Ukrainians. If you cared about that pregnant woman which died you would enlist and go to Ukraine to fight the Russians. 

Instead, it's much more comfortable to bash the innocent Russian holidaymaker in Phuket and the Thai government for trying to help them.

Im sure the Ukrainians will win without the help of us old retirees here in Thailand.

The west does not need to send troops it just needs to keep giving the Ukrainians the tools they need to do the job themselves. Watch as Czar Putin is bled white and eventually drinks some tea full of polonium. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Im sure the Ukrainians will win without the help of us old retirees here in Thailand.

The west does not need to send troops it just needs to keep giving the Ukrainians the tools they need to do the job themselves. Watch as Czar Putin is bled white and eventually drinks some tea full of polonium. 

Yes, give weapons to Ukraine, and millions of dollars to Putin  buying his gas. 

It couldn't get more hypocritical than that :P 

Europeans: "Putin is the worst"

Also Europeans: "Lord Putin sell me some gas, I need to keep my people warm"

Ukrainians are by themselves, mate. The sanctions are a facade 

- Notice how the banks they use for oil/gas transactions are still in SWIFT? 

- Notice how the weapons they give to Ukraine are pretty much toys? The West backed out on giving them the Mig-29s, even when Poland agreed to it. 

Edited by Sparktrader

6 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

- Notice how the weapons they give to Ukraine are pretty much toys? The West backed out on giving them the Mig-29s, even when Poland agreed to it. 

You expect the EU to sanction itself? What the EU has done is cut off the supply of credit to Russian oil and gas companies. So any money it makes from sales will need to be used to service its existing debt.

The USA has sanctioned Russian oil and gas as has the UK. 

If the sanctions are a façade why is Czar Putin prostrating himself to Emperor Xi begging for help? 

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

You expect the EU to sanction itself?

Right, exactly, they only sanction what doesn't affect them. When their sanctions may bit back at them, Ukrainians lives matter no more 😆

Let's go buy some more Russian gas, aye? 

Rookiescot living in La-La land

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Right, exactly, they only sanction what doesn't affect them. When their sanctions may bit back at them, Ukrainians lives matter no more 😆

Let's go buy some more Russian gas, aye? 

Rookiescot living in La-La land

So if the sanctions are not working why is Czar Putin on his knees in front of Emperor Xi?

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

So if the sanctions are not working why is Czar Putin on his knees in front of Emperor Xi?

Is he? 

If that was the case, maybe he would have already withdrawn his troops and assume a loss, or one of his generals / oligarchs would have fed him polonium already. 

Don't believe everything you read on the medias. 😄 It's in their best interest to make Westerners believe their sanctions are working wonders. 

Edited by Sparktrader
  • Like 1

Just now, Sparktrader said:

Is he? 

If that was the case, maybe he would have already withdrawn his troops, or one of his generals / oligarchs would have fed him polonium already. 

Don't believe everything you read on the medias. 😄 It's in their best interest to make Westerners believe their sanctions are working wonders. 

Ah of course. None of it is true. Its just a huge conspiracy theory.

What is true is your wild fantasies.

On the one hand the sanctions are hurting the poor Russian people but on the other hand they are not working. Kind of a Schrodinger's sanction thing going on there.  

22 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Are you really unaware how many countries are not just contemplating but are already implementing ways to be gas & oil independent from Russia ASAP?

You're free to call it hypocrite just because it's not a turnkey process, but that's like blaming all those people anxious about human-inflicted climate change for not collectively suiciding themselves & murdering everybody else (presumably in reverse order) to take away the human element. 

Evaluating any behavior within the context of an absolute and immediate 0-1 decision process is naïve at best.

• Like 1

Just now, Rookiescot said:

On the one hand the sanctions are hurting the poor Russian people but on the other hand they are not working. Kind of a Schrodinger's sanction thing going on there.  

Well, you don't need to be too bright to understand that seizing an oligarch's ship however much is worth, matters very little to him. He won't be left starving in the streets.

On the other hand, not letting a Russian tourist use his credit card to withdraw money in the host country, might mean he can't even purchase food! 

Do I really need to explain this to you? I thought the level here was a bit higher.

If sanctions work so well, can you explain Cuba and Iran to me? Their people are poorer by the day, but their governments become richer by the second.... Oh yes, sanctions work wonders 🤣

1 minute ago, Chatogaster said:

Are you really unaware how many countries are not just contemplating but are already implementing ways to be gas & oil independent from Russia ASAP?

In 2026 at earliest, by then Ukraine will be Russia's next province. 

The problem is not now, they should have never bought Russian gas. They have financed Putin's war by buying his gas, and they're still doing. 

Edited by Sparktrader

4 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

In 2026 at earliest, by then Ukraine will be Russia's next province. 

The problem is not now, they should have never bought Russian gas. They have financed Putin's war by buying his gas, and they're still doing. 

That actually makes sense, but it's a bit hard to undo the past so all that's left is now and the future.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Well, you don't need to be too bright to understand that seizing an oligarch's ship however much is worth, matters very little to him. He won't be left starving in the streets.

On the other hand, not letting a Russian tourist use his credit card to withdraw money in the host country, might mean he can't even purchase food! 

Do I really need to explain this to you? I thought the level here was a bit higher.

If sanctions work so well, can you explain Cuba and Iran to me? Their people are poorer by the day, but their governments become richer by the second.... Oh yes, sanctions work wonders 🤣

So you are now saying sanctions are working but not working and nobody cares if they do work.

Just now, Rookiescot said:

So you are now saying sanctions are working but not working and nobody cares if they do work.

What I'm saying is that Putin and his mercenaries must have known "sanctions" were gonna come their way. And they still decided to go ahead with their war. 

That can only mean the impact of those sanctions upon them is not strong enough to deter them. 

On the other hand, I see Russians in Phuket are struggling for something that isn't their fault. 

Is it clear now, princess? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sparktrader said:

What I'm saying is that Putin and his mercenaries must have known "sanctions" were gonna come their way. And they still decided to go ahead with their war. 

That can only mean the impact of those sanctions upon them is not strong enough to deter them. 

On the other hand, I see Russians in Phuket are struggling for something that isn't their fault. 

Is it clear now, princess? 

Czar Putin was told sanctions would be imposed but not the level of them. What the world has put in place is destroying the Russian economy. Look at the value of the Ruble. Look at the Russian stock exchange being suspended in order to prevent massive sell offs. Look at the inflation rate.

Here. Let me throw you a bone princess. Educate yourself. You can thank me later.

The chilling effect of sanctions on Russia | Financial Times (ft.com)