News Forum - UKRAINE UPDATES

Thaiger

1 hour ago, KRLMRX said:

Yes, he can.

as well as the US and Europe recognized Kosovo, for example.

No comparison.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KRLMRX said:

Russia is a champion in speed changing goals?

if so, why is this tactic not used in other large cities - Dnipro, Nikolaev, Odessa, Zaporozhye?

Explain the documented Ten Million Ukrainian Refugees. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KRLMRX said:

Judging by Putin's actions, he is no longer interested in American decisions.

No doubt but then I don't think it was a major factor to him anyway. Demographics and geography gave Putin only two options: "bad" or "worse". The only issue now is did he pick correctly. Time will tell. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KRLMRX said:

The Azov Battalion, part of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine, has the official emblem "Wolf Hook", which was previously the badge of the Waffen SS units.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Battalion

IMG_20220228_142500.thumb.jpg.07a55ce35cea636e8e7ff9f5c96d81ce.jpg

Every year, in the center of the capital of Ukraine, a torchlight (hello NSDAP) procession permitted by the authorities takes place with calls to kill Russians.  

https://youtu.be/tHhGEiwCHZE

Nothing like this happens anywhere in Europe.

Carrying torches in a parade. Come on. I could equally say the Russian military are all Nazis because they "Goose step" in their marches. Actually, one could say the annual red square march looks a lot like some of the Nazi military marches just without the torches.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goose_step

As to symbols and Neo-Nazis. I don't see Putin striding out to stop Dmitry Valerievich Utkina, a known neo-Nazi, heading up his personal mercenary army, the Wagner Group. Utinka, doesn't seem to carry flags or logos. No. He prefers the original designs tattooed on himself. He has been seen in multiple photos proudly displaying the Nazi Eagle tattooed on his chest, and the Nazi SS 'Schutzstaffel' runes tattooed on his collarbones.

https://www.nationalworld.com/news/world/wagner-group-russian-mercenaries-ukraine-3589837

Seems a bit hypocritical or is it because he is an ex-GRU officer helping Russia that he avoids the de-Nazification needs of Putin?

The de-Nazification of Ukraine is just a lie for the Russians at home, to strike fear from WW2. Like all such lies, you may find little doses of actuality here and there. But nothing on the scale Putin claims or makes out as a any justification for an invasion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

Carrying torches in a parade. Come on. I could equally say the Russian military are all Nazis because they "Goose step" in their marches. Actually, one could say the annual red square march looks a lot like some of the Nazi military marches just without the torches.

Off topic but the North Korean's bouncing Goose step is just mesmerizing to watch.

12 hours ago, KRLMRX said:

I'm sure you apply this approach to all invasions, whether or not they belong to the "free world".

I am glad to see you acknowledge what the Russians are doing is an invasion.

Putin's invasion is illegal under international law, as noted in this article. The Russian actions fail to meet any definition of what would be allowed under law for any such action.

https://theconversation.com/russias-invasion-of-ukraine-is-illegal-under-international-law-suggesting-its-not-is-dangerous-179203

Hence Russia under the orders of its President is carrying out a criminal act. 

Putin must be held responsible as a criminal for all the deaths, no matter whether they are Ukrainian or Russian, Military or Civilian. They have all happened as a result of him breaking the law.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, KRLMRX said:

why then the Russians are not shelling these two nuclear power plants now, because they are in complete control of them and nothing can stop them?

we will be able to see the effectiveness of the strategy after the end of the conflict, I think.

Judging by Putin's actions, he is no longer interested in American decisions.

Putin Russia and his Clowns Army already lost the war. And in the long run I give you a number the federations of Russia had before the Sanctions 1,3 % of the worlds gdp, Europe, USA and its Allies over 60% of the worlds gdp. 

By the way just compare the Nato units in europe in troops, ships, aircraft etc to the Russian Army 🤣🤩😅

And thats not all what Europe has in Troops and Army 😅

Putin destroyed Ryssia completly there is zero chamce for Russia. Russia is already down and now they will be unemployed and in a hunger crise because of this complete idiot Putin. And some still talk about a good job 🤔

Seems this forum is the last resort for you? In other forums the Putin trolls already realized they lost and nobody would buy anything of the their Putin fantasies.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Putin Russia and his Clowns Army already lost the war.

Really? Pre invasion Russia had 900,000 active members in their Armed Forces , deployed 150,000 to Ukraine so they still have 750,000  in Russia. And NATO can have all the soldiers and weapons in the world but if they won’t use them they may as well have none. I hope the peace talks in Turkey bring an end to this war because at the current rates of attrition on both sides the Ukrainians, without more soldiers, simply cannot win. Do the maths. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Really? Pre invasion Russia had 900,000 active members in their Armed Forces , deployed 150,000 to Ukraine so they still have 750,000  in Russia. And NATO can have all the soldiers and weapons in the world but if they won’t use them they may as well have none. I hope the peace talks in Turkey bring an end to this war because at the current rates of attrition on both sides the Ukrainians, without more soldiers, simply cannot win. Do the maths. 

Nato troops in europe over 5 millions

Likke always your fake informations and like always your own stories without sources

And this was before the invasion, they top up now weekly and not includes other units because this countries not have only Nato units and not included non Nato members like Sweden, Finnland etc in Europe!

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-nato-military-strength-comparison-goes-viral-amid-rising-tension-1683269

You really think sombody will still buy this Putin fantasies or yours?

• Like 2

NATO & crew can have a billion soldiers ready to go but if they never move what is the good of them? And you claim I write fake numbers and stories without sources? Report them to the mods and they will be removed promptly.  And I have told you before “I am not pro Putin, I am a realist”. The numbers don’t look good for Ukraine. Your dedication to Ukraine is admirable but there is no need to stoop to insults towards anyone that doesn’t share your belief that Ukraine is winning the war. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fanta said:

NATO & crew can have a billion soldiers ready to go but if they never move what is the good of them? And you claim I write fake numbers and stories without sources? Report them to the mods and they will be removed promptly.  And I have told you before “I am not pro Putin, I am a realist”. The numbers don’t look good for Ukraine. Your dedication to Ukraine is admirable but there is no need to stoop to insults towards anyone that doesn’t share your belief that Ukraine is winning the war. 

To be realist you have to know the reality first this includes this numbers, too!

12 hours ago, EdwardV said:

No doubt but then I don't think it was a major factor to him anyway. Demographics and geography gave Putin only two options: "bad" or "worse". The only issue now is did he pick correctly. Time will tell. 

Suppose the Good option of making a “Free Russia”  or at least to Stop Bothering Others, is out then …..NATO not be needed… right, thought so 😩

The problem I have with the numbers that being quoted by many are that they cover all the various types of military, are pre-invasion and don't take into consideration the quality and desire of many of the troops. Yes, ships can fire missiles and naval guns, planes can drop bombs and they have armed forces members doing so.. But all of these numbers quoted contain various elements that in usual terms would not be considered as "fighting" numbers. (e.g. cooks, clerks, etc). Not all of them can serve in Ukraine and hence don't reflect the true fighting size on the ground.

“Russia’s army has 280,000 personnel and its armed forces have 900,000 overall, according to the International Institute for Strategic Studies, as compared with a total of about 210,000 in Ukraine’s armed forces (with more in reserves and now being recruited).”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2022/03/10/does-russia-have-enough-troops-to-take-ukraine-heres-where-its-manpower-stands---and-why-its-recruiting-foreign-soldiers/?sh=3f4d68cb4d82

Russia does have sizable military reserves, however as reported in the above article, most don't receive training making the quality less. Reports of 25% being conscripts in the army, also questions their ability and desire.

If Russia has such supplies, one does question why the reports of them using the Wagner group and trying to get Belarus involved as well. All this, albeit to an untrained eye, and in my opinion, seems inconsistent with the quoted numbers of deployable forces.

It seems Ukraine has territorial units and reserves as well. Some estimates as high as 900,000. But the difference here is that they have a real unifying purpose. Defending their homeland can be a powerful motivator, as seen by the reported flood of returning emigrants and other volunteers since it started. The restrictions on men 18-60 being conscripted as well will dramatically swell numbers as we are talking millions!

No wonder the President of Ukraine asks for more weapons.

Russia seemingly have forgotten their own experiences of this in history. For example, Russia themselves demonstrated what can happen when the people are called upon to defend their own country, even with inferior weapons, as was the case in WW2 when Russia defended their own homelands against an invader.

What could people now do with modern weapons available rather than rifles against tanks? Perhaps we are seeing that in Ukraine.

• Like 2

The Mighty Red Army beaten by a TV Comedian and the voice of a favourite Bear. Now pay up to replace the civilian infastructure you destroyed and get a judge to fight your case at the international war crimes comission in the Hague. Super power my arse beaten in Afgahn by flip flop wearing rag heads and now humiliated by a Comedian in Ukraine.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, butterfly said:

wait for round 2 guys, vlad is probably "regrouping" with better toys now that the old crap is out 😛

Why would Czar Putin even be talking to the Ukrainians if he held a strong hand.

The fact is he is losing in every dynamic. Militarily and financially. Your boy is beat. 

4 hours ago, Smithydog said:

The restrictions on men 18-60 being conscripted as well will dramatically swell numbers as we are talking millions!

Out of a total population of 41.42 million in Ukraine, the number of people younger than 18 years was approximately 7.5 million. The adult population aged 18 years and older amounted to almost 34 million. Of them, over 10 million were aged 60 years and older.

• Ukraine population by age group 2021 | Statista

That's 24M between the ages of 18 and 60. Assume slightly less than half are men leaves you a pool of about 10M. Even at half that number we are talking about adding some 5M men to the Ukraine army. Give them a month or two to train up, and they are just now starting to enter combat. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, oldschooler said:

So USSR & Yugoslavia & Czech could not divide & Baltics must stay inside Soviet Prison & Germany  cannot unite …… “ immutability of borders” ….what obvious nonsense 🤣🤣😫

your examples are voluntary decisions of these states. Kosovo is not. As far as I know, Serbia has not yet recognized Kosovo.

who cares about other country's like kosovo or Serbia stop dodging KRLMRX your beaten defeated and embarrased now your having to save yourself by scurrying back to Moscow with your tails between your legs again. Edward they can't regroup there tanks and supplies are in short supply to the extent tanks have been cannibalised to repair broken down others. The ukranians have retook city's with upto date sophisticated weapons given by the west. 

21 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Explain the documented Ten Million Ukrainian Refugees. 

people are fleeing war zones. mainly Kyiv, Kharkov, Mariupol and front-line territories. There are no mass refugees from the Dnieper, Nikolaev, Zaporozhye, Odessa. This means that the statement that Russia's goal is terror against all Ukrainians is not entirely true.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Smithydog said:

As to symbols and Neo-Nazis. I don't see Putin striding out to stop Dmitry Valerievich Utkina, a known neo-Nazi, heading up his personal mercenary army, the Wagner Group. Utinka, doesn't seem to carry flags or logos. No. He prefers the original designs tattooed on himself. He has been seen in multiple photos proudly displaying the Nazi Eagle tattooed on his chest, and the Nazi SS 'Schutzstaffel' runes tattooed on his collarbones.

https://www.nationalworld.com/news/world/wagner-group-russian-mercenaries-ukraine-3589837

Seems a bit hypocritical or is it because he is an ex-GRU officer helping Russia that he avoids the de-Nazification needs of Putin?

The de-Nazification of Ukraine is just a lie for the Russians at home, to strike fear from WW2. Like all such lies, you may find little doses of actuality here and there. But nothing on the scale Putin claims or makes out as a any justification for an invasion.

You asked about neo-Nazis in the government.

Wagner is a private structure, Azov is a state one.

that is, do you agree with calls to kill Russians? but, excuse me, they have the wrong gait, I agree, they deserve it

Edited by KRLMRX

11 hours ago, Smithydog said:

I am glad to see you acknowledge what the Russians are doing is an invasion.

Putin's invasion is illegal under international law, as noted in this article. The Russian actions fail to meet any definition of what would be allowed under law for any such action.

https://theconversation.com/russias-invasion-of-ukraine-is-illegal-under-international-law-suggesting-its-not-is-dangerous-179203

Hence Russia under the orders of its President is carrying out a criminal act. 

Putin must be held responsible as a criminal for all the deaths, no matter whether they are Ukrainian or Russian, Military or Civilian. They have all happened as a result of him breaking the law.

international law is an agreement between states.

If this agreement is violated by some, why can't it be violated by others?

1 hour ago, butterfly said:

wait for round 2 guys, vlad is probably "regrouping" with better toys now that the old crap is out 😛

Yeah, you can not bet on that his big egg shell fragile ego is now not even considering top use his Comrade Flash Grorden Sci fi ray guns. Let's hope this eccentric bozo doesn't push his personal nuclear button that he has as no one can stop this if he did.

If he does get caught then he better wish he has Hitler cyanide to suck on, but if not he does then he should be put to death by a slow slow excruciating torture disassembling him piece by piece starting with alleviating him of his finger and toe nails, and then razor slicing his want to be thin Czar lips off leaving his mouth looking like a fake smile showing his teeth. Sort of like a Joker look.. I actually might even pay money to see it or be one able to pull a finger nail out. All proceeds go to the Ukraine people's relief effort fund for what he has done to them. Or maybe better yet, let's just let Will Smith have the honors after we tell him it was Putin's joke and not Chris Rock's, and then tell will that Putin said Rock's timing on the joke delivery was off and Putin was ashamed the real joke did not hit the Comrad Commie Jane delivery point as it should have. My immagination is on a roll tonight. Or maybe not!

image.thumb.png.e40b77225d71550193571a80442fcd4f.png

Sniper version below.

image.png.1d787428accd251267466eb8888a318a.png

10 hours ago, Stardust said:

Putin Russia and his Clowns Army already lost the war. And in the long run I give you a number the federations of Russia had before the Sanctions 1,3 % of the worlds gdp, Europe, USA and its Allies over 60% of the worlds gdp. 

By the way just compare the Nato units in europe in troops, ships, aircraft etc to the Russian Army 🤣🤩😅

And thats not all what Europe has in Troops and Army 😅

Putin destroyed Ryssia completly there is zero chamce for Russia. Russia is already down and now they will be unemployed and in a hunger crise because of this complete idiot Putin. And some still talk about a good job 🤔

Seems this forum is the last resort for you? In other forums the Putin trolls already realized they lost and nobody would buy anything of the their Putin fantasies.

so what about the nuclear power plant? why are they not being fired upon?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vlad said:

The ukranians have retook city's with upto date sophisticated weapons given by the west. 

Russian troops have begun retreating from positions around the Ukrainian capital of Kyiv as a part of a “major strategy shift,” a senior U.S. commander for operations in the region said Tuesday, as Russian President Vladimir Putin’s war plan continues to suffer from surprising resistance and poor execution ... A Ukrainian military officer operating in Chernihiv – another focus of Russia’s campaign in the north – tells U.S. News that bombings and rocket fire from Russian aircraft accelerated Tuesday morning in support of a large scale repositioning of its infantry forces, apparently to southern Ukraine. The officer spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive details. CNN first reported the Russian shift, citing two unnamed U.S. officials, who also indicated that Russia planned to cover its retreat with air and artillery bombardments of the capital.

Russia Begins Retreat from Kyiv in ‘Major Strategy Shift’: U.S. General (msn.com)

Seems like they plan to consolidate in order to push in the south east where they can pretend to claim a victory to those back home. No doubt the Ukrainians will continue to push the Russians completely out of the north and north/east. The question going forward is will this consolidation and repositioning help, or has the Russian army reached it's culmination point. Basically the point an attacker runs out of momentum because the enemy is too strong, it doesn't have enough resources/soldiers, or the point it's soldiers lose the will to fight.