News Forum - UKRAINE UPDATES

Thaiger

45 minutes ago, Fester said:

They can already move military “stuff” to Donbas from straight across the border - a much shorter and more direct route. They just want Mariupol as another port, as part of the new Russian Black Sea coastline.

16 minutes ago, Fester said:

Yes, doesn't mention "easy to move military “stuff” to Donbas", does it? 

It has a port there, same as Crimea. Do you think they just want a place to park their super yachts? /s

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Well he can but only the minority ethnic Russians in certain areas accepting such illegal “ recognition”, in case of the  “separatist republics”. 

Exactly.
KRLMRX can not mention one INTERNATIONAL law that allows to recognize parts of another nation as independent states.
He doesn't have to provide a link, just the name of the law and what article.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oldschooler said:

To seal off Azov Sea as Russian lake. If Odessa falls , Ukraine denied access to Black Sea / Med.

That's another story.

5 hours ago, Fanta said:

It has a port there, same as Crimea. Do you think they just want a place to park their super yachts? /s

I said its a port already. What is your point?

3 minutes ago, Fester said:

I said its a port already. What is your point?

Go educate yourself. Look at a map. Think! 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, EdwardV said:

You mean besides the fact they only occupy few key points right? Without Kyiv and Odessa, you don’t have the most important points in Ukraine. 

the reason it doesn’t make any sense is because Putin was quite clear in pointing out the need to de-nazify and that Ukraine wasn’t a country but part of Russia. If that was important, than stopping doesn’t make sense. Russia occupies a single major city (and they are in the process of losing that), a couple of power plants and some territory next to Russia. BFD. You might be selling, but no one is buying. 

I don’t know what the RF Ministry of Defense considers key points .. perhaps they occupied the most key ones in their opinion.

Who told you that the task was to occupy cities?

A couple of power plants are nuclear

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Smithydog said:

Generally a territory has solid internationally identifiable boundaries before any recognition of it being independent is given. Unlike this area which seems more like "we will recognise this part and see what happens next".

such borders of the regions were in 2014, when hostilities began and the rebels declared independence from Ukraine within the borders of these regions. It's not good or bad, it's a given.

In the long term both will likely be added into Russia in another illegal action at some stage with some sort of farcical referendum like held in the Crimea 

the problem of the modern world is that there is no one to determine the legitimacy and level of farce of events. Free bloody creativity rules this world. Therefore, your epithets are only your personal value judgment, which has nothing to do with the motley reality.

But wait a moment. Wasn't it the stated intention of Putin to de-nazify Ukraine. Interesting how some of the "observers" for the "referendum" were supporters of neo-Nazi leaders, as was stated in the same article. Seems Putin is importing neo-Nazi supporters into the Ukraine.

Putin is flirting with the nationalists. Here's a surprise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Whether an accurate number is ever provided (unlikely considering other wars), or not, civilians have been killed that would not have been killed if Russia did not invade Ukraine. Whether it is 1 or 100,000, the death of them falls squarely on Putin and the Russian forces, no matter if they were "targeted" or not.

I'm sure you apply this approach to all invasions, whether or not they belong to the "free world".

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

I don’t know what the RF Ministry of Defense considers key points .. perhaps they occupied the most key ones in their opinion.

Who told you that the task was to occupy cities?

A couple of power plants are nuclear

Those key areas being open farm land? Ok if you think so. 

History. 

So what? There are four active nuclear plants in Ukraine, Russia has one of them. BFD 

If you think Russia only wants the territory they currently occupy, I have a bridge to sell you. Ukraine isn't even the objective, they are nothing but a stop upon the road. Problem is Putin's car has ended up in a ditch. 

• Like 1

Why is the Russian army involved with any of these cities. I thought this was a "Peacekeeping" mission for the Russian recognised DPR and LPR? Surely any "Peacekeeping" would be contained to just those areas?

After all, isn't that what "Peacekeepers" do? Keep the peace in a disputed area.

I'll answer the question to avoid confusion. It is not "peacekeeping" it is an invasion by an unfriendly country seeking nothing more than continued expansion. Just another lie told by Putin and his propaganda.

defending some regions by pinning down enemy forces in others is also a strategy that has the right to exist.

But you did not answer the question why Russia does not destroy the population of these cities?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Smithydog said:

Where is the proof of all these supposed neo-Nazis in the Ukrainian government. 

The Azov Battalion, part of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine, has the official emblem "Wolf Hook", which was previously the badge of the Waffen SS units.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Battalion

IMG_20220228_142500.thumb.jpg.07a55ce35cea636e8e7ff9f5c96d81ce.jpg

Every year, in the center of the capital of Ukraine, a torchlight (hello NSDAP) procession permitted by the authorities takes place with calls to kill Russians.  

https://youtu.be/tHhGEiwCHZE

Nothing like this happens anywhere in Europe.

9 hours ago, Alavan said:

Putin can recognize nothing outside the Russian borders. Ukraine is an independent state and Putin has nothing to recognize in that country.

How many people of Ukraine voted for Putin as the leader of their gouvernment?

Yes, he can.

as well as the US and Europe recognized Kosovo, for example.

3 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

Yes, he can.

as well as the US and Europe recognized Kosovo, for example.

You mean like the Third Reich recognised Sudetenland as part of Germany?

8 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Russia goal is not to kill civilians but terrorize them ,by Bombing & shelling & gunfire, into leaving country / cities in large numbers, as part of their (achieved) “Wreck Ukraine” war goal. 

Russia is a champion in speed changing goals?

if so, why is this tactic not used in other large cities - Dnipro, Nikolaev, Odessa, Zaporozhye?

17 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

You mean like the Third Reich recognised Sudetenland as part of Germany?

no, I meant Kosovo - the event that for the first time violated the Helsinki agreement on the immutability of borders in Europe after 1945.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Alavan said:

Exactly.
KRLMRX can not mention one INTERNATIONAL law that allows to recognize parts of another nation as independent states.
He doesn't have to provide a link, just the name of the law and what article.

this is the problem, my neighbor on the planet, that international law ceases to interest the powerful of this world, and this is unlikely to lead to something good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EdwardV said:

Those key areas being open farm land? Ok if you think so. 

History. 

So what? There are four active nuclear plants in Ukraine, Russia has one of them. BFD 

If you think Russia only wants the territory they currently occupy, I have a bridge to sell you. Ukraine isn't even the objective, they are nothing but a stop upon the road. Problem is Putin's car has ended up in a ditch. 

two nuclear power plants are located in central and southern Ukraine and are now controlled by the Russians. When they were captured, the argument was to exclude the provocations of Ukraine at these nuclear power plants.

The other two nuclear power plants are located in western Ukraine, where there are no pro-Russian citizens, which makes it difficult for Russian soldiers to be present there and, according to Putin, probably minimizes the possibility of provocations, since western Ukrainians are the core of Ukrainian statehood and the government of Ukraine will not poison the real Ukrainians with radiation.

These are just my guesses.

Edited by KRLMRX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KRLMRX said:

defending some regions by pinning down enemy forces in others is also a strategy that has the right to exist.

It is a legitimate strategy ... for an invasion, although splitting your forces does decrease the chances of victory. It's not a legitimate strategy for a peacekeeping operation.  

25 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

the argument was to exclude the provocations of Ukraine at these nuclear power plants.

Is that what Russian shelling of nuclear power plants is now called. 

Still doesn't change the strategy of attacking Kyiv (along with everywhere else) to protect Donbas iffy at best. Especially based on the way it turned out. It did succeed in one thing. Putin made the American decision on what to do about Russia aggression for them.     

30 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

It is a legitimate strategy ... for an invasion, although splitting your forces does decrease the chances of victory. It's not a legitimate strategy for a peacekeeping operation.  

as we see this is an invasion, so everything is legitimate.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

no, I meant Kosovo - the event that for the first time violated the Helsinki agreement on the immutability of borders in Europe after 1945.

Little bit of confusion there I think - there were various pacts and conferences during and after 1945, largely Western and Eastern Europe carving up the spoils of war. The Helsinki Accords came about in 1975, they were non-binding, and the first violation was Russia's invasion  of Afghanistan.   

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

Is that what Russian shelling of nuclear power plants is now called. 

Still doesn't change the strategy of attacking Kyiv (along with everywhere else) to protect Donbas iffy at best. Especially based on the way it turned out. It did succeed in one thing. Putin made the American decision on what to do about Russia aggression for them.     

why then the Russians are not shelling these two nuclear power plants now, because they are in complete control of them and nothing can stop them?

we will be able to see the effectiveness of the strategy after the end of the conflict, I think.

Judging by Putin's actions, he is no longer interested in American decisions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

Little bit of confusion there I think - there were various pacts and conferences during and after 1945, largely Western and Eastern Europe carving up the spoils of war. The Helsinki Accords came about in 1975, they were non-binding, and the first violation was Russia's invasion  of Afghanistan.   

no. speech in the Helsinki Accords is mainly about the borders in Europe. The invasion did not change the borders of Afghanistan, and even more so the states of Europe

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KRLMRX said:

So USSR & Yugoslavia & Czech could not divide & Baltics must stay inside Soviet Prison & Germany  cannot unite …… “ immutability of borders” ….what obvious nonsense 🤣🤣😫

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KRLMRX said:

this is the problem, my neighbor on the planet, that international law ceases to interest the powerful of this world, and this is unlikely to lead to something good

Tyrants don’t follow any “laws”

Laws are for Civilized Nations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1