News Forum - Russians in Phuket granted 1 month extension to stay

Thaiger

13 minutes ago, Fluke said:

What Country are you from ?

What has that got to do with it? Check my profile if you are that interested. 

1 minute ago, Pinetree said:

What has that got to do with it? Check my profile if you are that interested. 

Point being that nearly every Country has done certain unsavory things and I would like to know what your Government has done and what punishment you deserve 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Don't be ridiculous. This is war, people are dying, not some stupid, irrelevant  Brexit debate. 

There is no debate 
Russia invaded a sovereign country without provocation!

Thee we n made up Propaganda 

It sounds like you watch Fake Fox News or are I’ll informed 

Russia should be banned from everything and if you are Russian you should make a stand against what has happened 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Grant said:

There is no debate 

Russia should be banned from everything and if you are Russian you should make a stand against what has happened 

You seem to be mixed up mate, that's what i am saying, read the posts again. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Should we put sanctions on Brazilians  because of their Countries destruction of the Amazon rainforest ?

BLM/Antifa supporters  should be held responsible for Trumps insurrection because they are USA citizens .

BTW, do you have an anti Russian agenda and youre not interested in fairness , you just like to see Russian people suffering ? 

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about Fluke!

BLM we’re not involved in the insurrection unless you watch Fox Fake news !

There are no BLM members in prison due to the insurrection that was a Fox Fake fact made up to stir the pot!

But Unfortunately sanctions on dictatorship governments will effect their citizens, this is just the fallout of your countries bad decisions!

But I for one would not be going on a holiday and having a good time while my country was in a war they started!

Not good optics

It's not really possible to fly the russians in thailand home at present.

aeroflot have stopped flying international routes except belarus.russian aircraft are banned from most countries airspace and most western aircraft are forbidden from flying in russian airspace by their governments,insurers or both.

giving russian guest's in thailand a visa extension is the most practical solution at this point in time.

most will probably run out of money pretty quickly and sourcing more funds will be  difficult for most of them.no idea what they are going to do about that.

7 minutes ago, Grant said:

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about Fluke!

BLM we’re not involved in the insurrection unless you watch Fox Fake news !

There are no BLM members in prison due to the insurrection that was a Fox Fake fact made up to stir the pot!

But Unfortunately sanctions on dictatorship governments will effect their citizens, this is just the fallout of your countries bad decisions!

But I for one would not be going on a holiday and having a good time while my country was in a war they started!

Not good optics

You missed my point .

If you punish people based on actions of their Government , then you will also be punishing the people that also oppose the same Government .

Like, Russians who oppose Putin may have come to Thailand to escape him and those people would also face punishment for being Russians .

If your Country gets involved in this war, I trust that you will be going straight back home to your Country and to stop having a good time in Thailand 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fluke said:

Its not the Russian people in Thailand who are participating in the war with Ukraine and its also not the Russian people in Russia , its Putin and his army who are participating in the war .

I take the point you are making, but I'm afraid it is the Russian people in Russia committing these vile acts. If it’s not Russians doing it then who is it? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, butterfly said:

ridiculous, I guess with that logic we should send all British back home for voting Brexit and BoJo 🤣

Garbage

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I take the point you are making, but I'm afraid it is the Russian people in Russia committing these vile acts. If it’s not Russians doing it then who is it? 

Its actually the Russian Army in the Ukraine who are committing these acts .

There have been numerous demonstrations by the Russian public opposing the invasion .

The Russian people in Russia are not part of the war

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Somchai said:

Thai visa policy favors Russian citizens to Westerners anyway, as Russians can stay visa free for 90 days, while passport holders of most European contries, UK, US, Canada, Australia can only stay 30 days, and extend without exit only once .

This favorable 90 days visa free policy only applies to citizens of South Korea and Russia only.

Simply not true. They are entitled to 30 days visa exemption 

2 hours ago, butterfly said:

the poor Ukrainian people have been sacrificed for the well being of NATO, the US and the cowardice of the EU27

well done Putin for exposing us for what we are, check mate

What would you have NATO do then? Easy to criticise, but what’s your alternative? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

I am not taking a stance on the conflict in the Ukraine , nothing to do with me . People are now only interested in this conflict because they are being force fed it by the media 

Really? Nothing to do with you? May I ask what your nationality is? It’s hard to imagine almost any country where this conflict may not affect them if it’s allowed to continue. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Soidog said:

What would you have NATO do then? Easy to criticise, but what’s your alternative? 

NATO should have publicly declare that Ukraine was not a target for membership and made that clear to Russia by signing an agreement with them

the truth is that the west is playing dangerous games for a power grab of political and economic influence, with the defense industry getting paid for a foreign presence in all those NATO countries

NATO is nothing more than a car dealership network, except they are selling weapons, not cars with extended warranties

Edited by butterfly
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Its actually the Russian Army in the Ukraine who are committing these acts .

There have been numerous demonstrations by the Russian public opposing the invasion .

The Russian people in Russia are not part of the war

And what nationality are the men and women in the Russian Army. Russian I would have thought. All of whom have mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters who are also Russian. I’m afraid this is a problem only the Russian citizens can resolve. The world is watching. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Grant said:

There is no debate 

I assume you are not American, because the US committed a few war crimes of their own (Japan, Iraq 2 etc...)

5 minutes ago, butterfly said:

NATO should have publicly declare that Ukraine was not a target for membership and made that clear to Russia by signing an agreement with them

the truth is that the west is playing dangerous games for a power grab of political and economic influence, with the defense industry getting paid for a foreign presence in all those NATO countries

NATO is nothing more than a car dealership network, except they are selling weapons, not cars with extended warranties

And why should they do a deal with Russia over the democratic choice of another nation?  Why should Ukraine be forever a buffer state. Prohibited from making its own democratic choices?  Forever in limbo. Sorry, but no one is making Ukraine join NATO. The Ukrainian people voted for a government that was pro-western and pro-NATO

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Really? Nothing to do with you? May I ask what your nationality is? It’s hard to imagine almost any country where this conflict may not affect them if it’s allowed to continue. 

I am from the UK .

The war has no effect on me and I have no need to get involved 

6 minutes ago, Soidog said:

And what nationality are the men and women in the Russian Army. Russian I would have thought. All of whom have mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters who are also Russian. I’m afraid this is a problem only the Russian citizens can resolve. The world is watching. 

Its the Russian leaders who are responsible , Putin and his army , even the soldiers don't have a choice or a say in the matter , they follow orders from above

1 minute ago, Fluke said:

I am from the UK .

The war has no effect on me and I have no need to get involved 

I’m sorry Fluke but that is a very naive statement. Allowing the Ukrainian conflict to continue and potentially spread to Baltic states and beyond could very well affect anyone from the UK. It’s already hitting the stock market and the Pounds value. In other words, it’s already affecting you. 

Yea right. Personal sanctions to ordinary russians.

Deporting russians from everywhere on the world just because of their nationality do not mess up with ukranians, polish, montenegrins, serbs, czechs, croatians and other slavic nations - they all look the same with fricative hushing languages. You will want another Joseph Goebbels to help you to filter one from another. Good luck with that.

Edited by 1l1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fluke said:

Its the Russian leaders who are responsible , Putin and his army , even the soldiers don't have a choice or a say in the matter , they follow orders from above

The “accountability” for this war rests firmly with Putin and his inner circle. I’m afraid the “responsibility” rests with the Russian people. How many votes did Putin receive at the last election? Your average Russian may not have any direct accountability for what their government is doing. But it is THEIR government. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, butterfly said:

because there is the legacy of WW2 and the cold war, these can't be ignored, even in today era of Instagram and short attention span by the general public

because its geo location and political history, again you can't ignore history. The west, and the US in particular, likes to forget history. Guess what happens when you do, history repeats itself. And this is where we are now. We forgot history and we are paying for it now. Our fault.

behind the scene, there is work being done to join NATO after they join the EU, for their own protection. It's very logical, and legitimate.

and obviously they made a dangerous choice, under the illusion that they could accelerate things. They forgot history and who they are. The western diplomacy was convincing them they were something different. That was a big mistake. A bit like telling a bar girl she is a princess.

What you describe is all perfectly correct in terms of history. My point is, that we can not allow history to paralyse the development of a nation. If the Ukrainian people wish to join the EU and NATO, then if you are a defender of democracy, then you have to defend that democratic choice 

8 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Despite Russia banning Facebook in the country just two days ago, the Russian Consulate in Phuket posted on its Facebook page yesterday to announce that Russian citizens there can stay one month longer than the original date on their visa. To do this, they must go to Phuket immigration with their original letter from the consulate, their passport, and a document confirming where they live in Phuket. This afternoon, the consulate will send letters to Phuket immigration requesting the extension. Reception will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. Phuket immigration has so far not made any announcements about extensions for […]

The story Russians in Phuket granted 1 month extension to stay as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The vast majority of Russians voted for Putin. You get what you vote for.

Might be tough now being stranded on beautiful Phuket w/o money and a plane to take you back. Much tougher being subjected to Russian rockets and artillery and bombs, without water, food and electricity. All my empathy is with the Ukrainians!

• Like 4