News Forum - Tourists and hotels warned about abuse of Covid-19 rules

Thaiger

8 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I am planning a January trip

It takes all of 5 mins to understand what is required to enter Thailand.

So anyone that got "scammed" was trying to do it as cheap as possible and they booked a hotel without the necessary requirements involved.

There is no "scam"

Hotels don't just offer "test and go" packages, they are in normal business as well

And it's the tourist's repsonsibilty to book the needed package

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/ccsa-admits-some-hotels-are-scamming-thailand-pass-travellers

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Absolutely. When you book on Agoda you have to select quarantine package at the top, not only look for SHA++ hotels. 

And it clearly says on Thailand Pass application that hotel booking must include PCR etc. 

So no sympathy for people complaining when they try to be clever, and then find out they were stupid. 

Furthermore, all these people saying how difficult it is to fulfill the requirements are talking nonsense. 

Insurance took me 2 minutes to arrange, hotel booking likewise. 

The actual application on TP takes about 10 minutes. I was approved in just over two hours. 

Extra costs were about £200. Half for the insurance and half for the hotel. Flight was no different in price to normal times, and in fact I actually got a great deal on business because it was only double the price on economy. 

If people can't afford an extra £200 they probably should think again about traveling half way around the world. 

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/ccsa-admits-some-hotels-are-scamming-thailand-pass-travellers

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ace035 said:

Watch out for "false positive" during PCR-test on arrival. If you positive and asymptomatic even vaccinated, and those hotel and medical staff tell you that to quarantine at the hospital instead of SHA/ASQ hotel. More likely, you get scammed already and they will get money out of your insurance. Just to make sure to buy the COVID-19 insurance in Thailand & not outside Thailand or else you will ending up paying B350K coming from your pocket. 

From the start the goddamn tests have never been foolproof and obviously never been adjusted for these glitches.......

2 hours ago, ace035 said:

Watch out for "false positive" during PCR-test on arrival. If you positive and asymptomatic even vaccinated, and those hotel and medical staff tell you that to quarantine at the hospital instead of SHA/ASQ hotel. More likely, you get scammed already and they will get money out of your insurance. Just to make sure to buy the COVID-19 insurance in Thailand & not outside Thailand or else you will ending up paying B350K coming from your pocket. 

I bought mine outside, no dramas, no scams, no hysterics. Worked perfectly 

Happy days! 

12 hours ago, whitesnake said:

TOURISTS!! Any of you reading this diatribe!! DO NOT COME TO THAILAND FOR YOUR HOLS!!!! There are way, way better places to go with a warm, honest and genuine welcome! Thailand has been branded the land of smiles!" Only because they "fake smile" and then stab you in the back as soon as you turn around!! 

BOYCOTT THIS COUNTRY until it understands fairness and integrity!! (which may be NEVER!!!)

Where do you live ? 

12 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

"The hotels were said to have advertised their room rate only, leaving guests frustrated to find that they had to pay for airport transfers and Covid-19 tests separately, driving up the price significantly"

Some hotels are kind enough to have a shuttle service for free. But most don't do this for free and won't include the price. Travelled a lot, never, NEVER, heard of that they automatically include the price. Just ask them some basic questions before you go. It's not rocket science. 

Covid-19 tests are not the hotel's responsibility so they are not required to inform people about it without being asked for it. And the money doesn't even go to that hotel; it goes to the ones who set up these places to test. So what is everyone moaning about hotels hiding costs to make profit? 

It’s the Cheap Charlie’s who want something for nothing doing the complaining!

They probably had a nanny to spoon feed them until they were 18 ! 

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, Michael0510 said:

I’ve been in Bangkok twice in November.

I’ve followed every rule all the time and I haven’t seen any Falang not following the rules. It’s not only about following the rules, I try to minimize my risk to get infected by corona as much as possible anyway and everywhere, not only in Thailand. I wouldn’t go to a club in Bangkok even if they were open. 

Actually I’ve seen a couple of hundreds people not following the rules during my stays, but they were all Thai. And unlike the article I’m giving some facts: Party time at The Groove/Central world every afternoon and the market at the Lumphini park on Sundays. People close to each other, many without a mask. 

I don’t blame them for that, it’s their country. But there is no reason to write articles like that without mentioning any facts. That way it’s pure racism. 

Garbage - there is absolutely no way you have not seen a foreigner not wearing a mask in Bangkok - not a chance. and the ones who do have usually got it strapped UNDER their nose looking even bigger morons than the maskless ! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I bought mine outside, no dramas, no scams, no hysterics. Worked perfectly 

Happy days! 

Good for you Ben, but the CCSA has criticised Hotels for deliberately scamming tourists and has warned them that their ASQ credentials are at risk. They would not do that if it was an isolated case - there has been a few of them.  But yes - some people just don't check things out enough - and they are always the first ones to complain the loudest. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Thaiger said:

As the 17 Blue Zone provinces have reopening for tourism . . .

Actually there are only 4 Blue Provinces. The 13 other are designated as "Blue Zone Sandbox Destinations", which according to TAT -

Measures for the designated blue zone areas in the 13 other provinces will be according to the provincial colour zoning.

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/thailand-eases-more-covid-19-curbs-ready-to-welcome-back-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

I am not sure what that means. For example, Hua Hin is nominated as a Blue Area, but it is in the province of Prachuap Kiri Khan, which is designated as a Red Zone.

So what requirements apply in Hua Hin?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Benroon said:

Garbage - there is absolutely no way you have not seen a foreigner not wearing a mask in Bangkok - not a chance. and the ones who do have usually got it strapped UNDER their nose looking even bigger morons than the maskless ! 

Yes, you are talking garbage indeed. Thank you for telling us the classification of your post at it’s beginning. Everyone here should do that. 

Truth - It was even easily possible to walk through Bangkok and see no Falang at all for hours. 

18 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I am planning a January trip

It takes all of 5 mins to understand what is required to enter Thailand.

So anyone that got "scammed" was trying to do it as cheap as possible and they booked a hotel without the necessary requirements involved.

There is no "scam"

Hotels don't just offer "test and go" packages, they are in normal business as well

And it's the tourist's repsonsibilty to book the needed package

Thank goodness   someone actually can read and book hotels etc unlike some of the naysayers that comment on here 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Prosaap said:

The way i understand it is that the hotels get there certification by follow some rules they are only aloude to sell the the room include transfer and test for international travelers 

but people most know thai can not be trusted 

Most people!  just more bs

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ace035 said:

another well informed factual comment🥱

1. its a SHA+ hotel

2. My insurance is with alliance  not purchased in Th  but used to enter

3. My personel experince only but i have had 6 PCR test to date wiht no false positive  maybe you are are confused with the ATK test

4. You dont get tested on arrival but at the hotel with both the SHA+ or the ASQ hotels

• Like 3

20 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

"The hotels were said to have advertised their room rate only, leaving guests frustrated to find that they had to pay for airport transfers and Covid-19 tests separately, driving up the price significantly"

Some hotels are kind enough to have a shuttle service for free. But most don't do this for free and won't include the price. Travelled a lot, never, NEVER, heard of that they automatically include the price. Just ask them some basic questions before you go. It's not rocket science. 

Covid-19 tests are not the hotel's responsibility so they are not required to inform people about it without being asked for it. And the money doesn't even go to that hotel; it goes to the ones who set up these places to test. So what is everyone moaning about hotels hiding costs to make profit? 

Are the hotels part of the scheme!

The hotels participate in the govt scheme , they must act  in unison! All must share the responsibility of informing customers whether it be a link on their website to details or a Q&A page on hotels websites with specific details such as they do with accommodations 

11 hours ago, ace035 said:

Very frustrating for all those farangs that cannot read the instructions properly.

If in English, there would be more Thais that cannot read it properly …… and if instructions were black and white, getting visas and visa extensions would be so so easy. But we all know that Thais cannot follow instructions, especially those that work in government departments. Instructions same same but different.

• Like 2

On 11/25/2021 at 1:06 PM, Michael0510 said:

Yes, you are talking garbage indeed. Thank you for telling us the classification of your post at it’s beginning. Everyone here should do that. 

Truth - It was even easily possible to walk through Bangkok and see no Falang at all for hours. 

Ok let’s have a 1,000,000 baht bet - we will walk for no more than 10 minutes along Sukhumvit and you are telling me every foreigner is wearing a mask correctly yes?

I will take that bet anytime you are ready.  

• Like 1

On 11/25/2021 at 4:26 PM, riclag said:

Are the hotels part of the scheme!

The hotels participate in the govt scheme , they must act  in unison! All must share the responsibility of informing customers whether it be a link on their website to details or a Q&A page on hotels websites with specific details such as they do with accommodations 

Just ask for Christ’s sake - how difficult is that ? 

On 11/25/2021 at 8:12 AM, AussieBob said:

Good for you Ben, but the CCSA has criticised Hotels for deliberately scamming tourists and has warned them that their ASQ credentials are at risk. They would not do that if it was an isolated case - there has been a few of them.  But yes - some people just don't check things out enough - and they are always the first ones to complain the loudest. 

Nah sorry I’m not having that - if any booking SPECIFICALLY says it includes transport and a PCR test and then they try to bill you for this on arrival that’s wrong - but let’s hear from anyone this has happened to. As others have pointed out people with limited intellect are thinking this can all be done for 1000 baht ! 

Cue tumbleweed …