News Forum - Health Ministry warns people to get vaccinated or face possible restrictions

Thaiger

Just now, Pinetree said:

it is.  Where is it compulsory?  There may be consequences of not being vaccinated, but I have not heard of any country making it compulsory. 

That's a wrong assumption.

Stating my opinion that vaccination should be voluntary, doesn't mean it's now compulsory. 

But I do think people need to realise that every choice comes with consequences.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Russell said:

Well maybe this stupid government needs to face restrictions because I personally know of people who are not vaccinated yet because this government stuffed up with the ordering of Moderna vaccine and these people were told that it would be here in October and now it is November and there is only a small trickle of the vaccine has arrived here. My wife is on the list of Thonburi Medical Group and has paid for 2 injections to be administered at a local hospital but her queue number is 316,782 and there is only 36,000 doses allocated to this hospital so far. It is this government with the stuffing up of these vaccine orders that is causing a lot of this problem, so instead of threatening the people who are on waiting lists with restrictions get the vaccine and vaccinate the people.

4 hours ago, Pete424 said:

My girlfriend paid for Moderna through the hospital, where is it? Number 11000 or close by and still no information on when it will be administered

She done this to avoid the crap Sinojunk vaccinations which she was told to avoid by her doctor,

Where are they? Paid up front because the hospitals that were giving out free Sinojunk vaccinations didn't want to have Moderna vaccines that they paid for that "maybe" were less effective against variants.

Are they going to restrict people that haven't had 4 vaccinations because the Minister for Health says you need 4 to travel abroad? Is this light of knowledge now saying that Thai people without 4 vaccinations are not properly vaccinated? 

The Thai government make it too easy for their policies to get ripped to shreds.

The delays with Moderna are down solely to the Thonburi Health Group, nobody else - not Thammasat, and not the government.

Everyone now has the option of 1 x AZ followed by 1 x Pfizer, although that means a 12  week wait for the second dose, so March by the time they're fully vaccinated. 

The additional supposed 1.5 m Sinovac never happened and was never reported by anyone with a shred of reliability and was the usual false alarm / fake news, but for those who want to wait for Moderna: 'up to you'.

2 hours ago, billywillyjones said:

Just can't stay away from that "conspiracy" word can you lol

OK BILLY why are pregnant woman dying from covid that have not been vaccinated. Its not a conspiracy watching your wife dying with your child because you told her its a conspiracy explain it.

• Like 3

Hi Members,

I've noticed some posters are heading away from Forum Etiquette on “How to be nice” in their posts. This can be a passionate and emotional debate for many. Please be civil and respect others and avoid disparaging comments of other members, so all opinions can be heard.

Consider this a “Yellow Alert” status. i.e., Be aware and be cautious. Don’t move the conversation into the red alert stage or the Moderators’ phasers will come out firing!

Thanks, and now back to my Star Trek movie! 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

When will this start making impact:

1. If you need to be vaccinated for your 90 days, new-visa (again stop this covid extension bullsh*t, these freeloaders the country can be without).
2. All social activities/outdoor activities (including getting groceries) for solely vaccinated people - I don't care if you don't want to vaccinate and stay in your hotel room or house that's fine until your 90days or new visa is due then you just need to leave.

I'll applaud to this. Please implement this before 01.01.2022.

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Transam said:

My jabs were done for free in a gov hozzy.....😛

Well done, however I bet you weren't advised by the Thai doctors not to accept Sinojunk,

ps. I was vaccinated free too, but the hospitals still jumped on the band wagon and wanted a piece of the pie, they are just as much to blame as the government.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Well, they didn't knock on your door to force you. And the contract clearly states that there are no guarantees. If you decided to believe something else, that's not their fault either.

They are between a rock and a hard place. They want to provide a service, but have no control over when they get the vaccine as the government holds all the strings.

When I heard about the option I read the fine print and decided against it. You could have too.

So under the same conditions that you applied, my girlfriend reads the fine print, decides against it, but has to wait for Moderna or Pfizer because her health care PROFESSIONALS advise her not to take the Sinojunk and only accept mRNA for her health.

She is still unvaccinated and on no waiting lists......

As I said the hospitals are just as much to blame.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Russell said:

Well maybe this stupid government needs to face restrictions because I personally know of people who are not vaccinated yet because this government stuffed up with the ordering of Moderna vaccine and these people were told that it would be here in October and now it is November and there is only a small trickle of the vaccine has arrived here. My wife is on the list of Thonburi Medical Group and has paid for 2 injections to be administered at a local hospital but her queue number is 316,782 and there is only 36,000 doses allocated to this hospital so far. It is this government with the stuffing up of these vaccine orders that is causing a lot of this problem, so instead of threatening the people who are on waiting lists with restrictions get the vaccine and vaccinate the people.

And blocked the donations of moderna, also!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shark said:

When will this start making impact:

1. If you need to be vaccinated for your 90 days, new-visa (again stop this covid extension bullsh*t, these freeloaders the country can be without).
2. All social activities/outdoor activities (including getting groceries) for solely vaccinated people - I don't care if you don't want to vaccinate and stay in your hotel room or house that's fine until your 90days or new visa is due then you just need to leave.

I'll applaud to this. Please implement this before 01.01.2022.

But what about those who are still waiting for their vaccination which has been delayed because the vaccine has not been delivered because the government rejected a donation from America and stopped Thammerat University from purchasing vaccine directly from the maker. Every vaccine order has to go through the government and they have delayed the purchase of the vaccines. So you want everyone who has not been vaccinated whether they want to or not to be locked away from everyone else. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Manu said:

Who the hell you think you are to say something like that? Not to mention that your comment is full of errors and lack of knowledge, and simply badly informed, a complete non-sense. I am personally vaccinated, my choice, but I will always protect the freedom of choice to ABSOLUTELY anyone on this planet for these vaccines, for any vaccine, for anything medically related that should concern us all indivually and basta. You get vaccinated to protect yourself, you are not protecting anyone else with these vaccines.

I am more than loosing my patience with people like you and what they wish for the world just because their brains stop functionning sometime around March 2020. For people like you, there is only one thing to say: get lost!

For the rest, JackIsAGoodBoy comment is saying enough, no need for me to add more, if you do not already get it, you never will.

That’s fine. <edited> If you are not vaccinated then you must isolate. Let the majority of the world move on and you stay at home protecting yourself from what you think are the harmful effects of the vaccines. 

Edited by Faz
edited content
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, vlad said:

OK BILLY why are pregnant woman dying from covid that have not been vaccinated. Its not a conspiracy watching your wife dying with your child because you told her its a conspiracy explain it.

Vlad, I agree that you and I would make a different choice. But you should convince, not force. These women, just like others, make a choice. And they need to accept the consequences of their choice.

It becomes a very difficult debate, especially in written text, but essentially it's the same choice as with tobacco, drugs, alcohol etc. Those decisions cost us all money and medical capacity. But we allow the choice and it's partially compensated by the taxes they pay on some of the products.

I don't have a problem with restrictions or additional charges for those that make their own decisions to refuse a vaccine, because due to their choice the hospitals will stay full for years and normal care will be reduced.

But I wouldn't like to make vaccination compulsory.

And as for the "conspiracy" word that billy likes to draw attention to, only this: he and others from "that" group have quickly forgotten how they used that word since the beginning of the pandemic, but now have shifted their reasoning only due to debunking of their arguments. It's good to remind them how they used the word until the Bill Gates- / World Order conspiracy / micro trackers and/or deadly components in vaccines proved untrue. 

Edited by Faz
removed quotes and disparaging comment.
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Russell said:

But what about those who are still waiting for their vaccination which has been delayed because the vaccine has not been delivered because the government rejected a donation from America and stopped Thammerat University from purchasing vaccine directly from the maker. Every vaccine order has to go through the government and they have delayed the purchase of the vaccines. So you want everyone who has not been vaccinated whether they want to or not to be locked away from everyone else. 

There are plenty of vaccines available neither of us is a virologist here so blaming Sinovac which isn't even a bad vaccine, especially not in the combinations government is now doing - so enough posibilities. Even Pfizer was generally available or is now given as 2nd shot.

PS: I'm vaccinated with double Thai AstraZeneca and for my age this is far from ideal but now 1.5 month fully vaccinated and didn't turn into a frog anyways.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Russell said:

Yes this goes a while already and only for the 2nd shot has a chance but they not do for jabs for the first shot just because of the delays and it is going for a while like that. And many where wondering after while when there were not many people for the second why they refuse the people who tried to get a jab and already there the first jab. If they would just make a walk in for first and second the vaccination would be much higher and when there would be enough delivery. It is the full responsibility of the organizers and givernment and not the people! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pete424 said:

So under the same conditions that you applied, my girlfriend reads the fine print, decides against it, but has to wait for Moderna or Pfizer because her health care PROFESSIONALS advise her not to take the Sinojunk and only accept mRNA for her health.

She is still unvaccinated and on no waiting lists......

As I said the hospitals are just as much to blame.

Same as many nowadays, you're looking to blame someone. But even though your frustration is understandable, the fact that a doctor says "don't take Sinovac" doesn't make the hospital responsible for providing an alternative. And if you subscribe to something that states "we hope to supply in Q4 but we can't guarantee it because we depend on our provider" it is -you- who takes the risk.

That doesn't mean that I don't sympathise with your predicament. It only means you have unrealistic expectations from the contract you agreed to.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Russell said:

Good points - I agree that unvaccinated should be 'thrown out' - but right now there is going to be many that want to be vaccinated but dont work/live in Bangkok or Phuket and are still waiting. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Russell said:

Honestly?

Get hour wife in line for Az/Az, use the moderna as a booster, if/when it is arriving.

Az might not be that good, for not getting infected 

But it still seems to do a helpful job, for not getting dangerously sick.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Shark said:

There are plenty of vaccines available neither of us is a virologist here so blaming Sinovac which isn't even a bad vaccine, especially not in the combinations government is now doing - so enough posibilities. Even Pfizer was generally available or is now given as 2nd shot.

PS: I'm vaccinated with double Thai AstraZeneca and for my age this is far from ideal but now 1.5 month fully vaccinated and didn't turn into a frog anyways.

So a person should be forced to take any vaccine that you say. We booked and paid for our injections on the 8th July and we were told that the vaccine would arrive in October but the government stuffed things up when they refused a donation from America and then the government delayed placing the order and then we were notified that the delivery date would be November instead of October and another stuff up is that the order that was delivered was only half of what it should have been. So you don't know everything that has been happening to people both Thai and farang with these vaccines but if you had your way everyone would not have a choice of vaccines but to be forced to take any vaccine into their bodies that you say. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Honestly?

Get hour wife in line for Az/Az, use the moderna as a booster, if/when it is arriving.

Az might not be that good, for not getting infected 

But it still seems to do a helpful job, for not getting dangerously sick.

So my wife has to accept the vaccine that you say she must have and not have any choice of her own.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Same as many nowadays, you're looking to blame someone. But even though your frustration is understandable, the fact that a doctor says "don't take Sinovac" doesn't make the hospital responsible for providing an alternative. And if you subscribe to something that states "we hope to supply in Q4 but we can't guarantee it because we depend on our provider" it is -you- who takes the risk.

That doesn't mean that I don't sympathise with your predicament. It only means you have unrealistic expectations from the contract you agreed to.

I'm not looking to blame anyone.

However in the Land of Face, everyone is going to distance themselves from their responsibilities, and this case they throw in endless clauses....

The Thai vaccination rollout did not go for the weak or infirm, it went for employees. My girlfriends sister got vaccinated...why because she had a job.....healthy....in fact she got vaccinated well before elders in her family who had ill health, got vaccinated.

Blame is everywhere, Hospitals, government et al, so someone saying don't blame the hospitals when they won't refund, won't vaccinate.... yes let's not blame the hospital.....

Of course there is a risk, the government and the hospitals are to blame for failing to deliver, oh and yes they are delivering to a standard set out in the clauses, that doesn't make it right just because they have put endless clauses to keep their "Face"

So, let's say she didn't order Moderna, after all it was her doctor that told her to refuse Sinojunk, and she waits for the Moderna free from government.......she would still be waiting.....still unvaccinated.....oh and the government say "Restrictions" to those unvaccinated......

Or she could have done what she done, paid for it, take some slack off the system and wait.....and wait.....for the "Retrictions".....

Personally I blame the hospitals for not putting up a big enough fight to the government, the hospitals were trying to get in on the act, until.....the government put in clauses to stop them over charging.... don't you just love clauses.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pete424 said:

I'm not looking to blame anyone.

However in the Land of Face, everyone is going to distance themselves from their responsibilities, and this case they throw in endless clauses....

The Thai vaccination rollout did not go for the weak or infirm, it went for employees. My girlfriends sister got vaccinated...why because she had a job.....healthy....in fact she got vaccinated well before elders in her family who had ill health, got vaccinated.

Blame is everywhere, Hospitals, government et al, so someone saying don't blame the hospitals when they won't refund, won't vaccinate.... yes let's not blame the hospital.....

Of course there is a risk, the government and the hospitals are to blame for failing to deliver, oh and yes they are delivering to a standard set out in the clauses, that doesn't make it right just because they have put endless clauses to keep their "Face"

So, let's say she didn't order Moderna, after all it was her doctor that told her to refuse Sinojunk, and she waits for the Moderna free from government.......she would still be waiting.....still unvaccinated.....oh and the government say "Restrictions" to those unvaccinated......

Or she could have done what she done, paid for it, take some slack off the system and wait.....and wait.....for the "Retrictions".....

Personally I blame the hospitals for not putting up a big enough fight to the government, the hospitals were trying to get in on the act, until.....the government put in clauses to stop them over charging.... don't you just love clauses.....

I agree with most of your assessment. They should have prioritised for risk, not for business friends and BKK location, whilst letting people travel and spread the virus to unprotected areas. And they should have started earlier and with different vaccines and on and on....

If I were in your shoes I may have made the same choice. But knowing who has the final responsibility for all these matters, I wouldn't lay the blame at the hospital. If they hadn't had the initiative then you couldn't even make a choice. Then you would have had to wait and see what was offered. Now at least you know you get what you want even though quite possibly delayed.

2 hours ago, Russell said:

So a person should be forced to take any vaccine that you say. We booked and paid for our injections on the 8th July and we were told that the vaccine would arrive in October but the government stuffed things up when they refused a donation from America and then the government delayed placing the order and then we were notified that the delivery date would be November instead of October and another stuff up is that the order that was delivered was only half of what it should have been.

Yes a person should be forced. Freedom isn't for Thailand or any country in the world really while suffering a pandemic. If this isn't what you want move somewhere where they have your ideology and where you think your rights are 'protected' I wouldn't know where this would be perhaps US of Apes.

So you don't know everything that has been happening to people both Thai and farang with these vaccines but if you had your way everyone would not have a choice of vaccines but to be forced to take any vaccine into their bodies that you say. 

< Off topic comments edited>

Luckily I'm not in Charge and the persons whom are in charge now start warning so yes there will be consequences for the un-vaccinated perhaps just like Russia and other countries in the world where your movements in public are limited you don't want Vaccine no problem you don't do anything anymore.

<Off topic comments edited>

Edited by Faz
Some content edited.
  • Angry 1

The Health Ministry in question is 'Thailand' ..... not Taiwan, Austria, UK, EU or Australia.
The topic is the 'unvaccinated' facing possible restrictions, not about the efficacy of vaccines or case numbers of Covid. Off topic and offensive posts have been removed, including posts quoting the removed posts.

Despite a previous warning from a moderator to keep the discussion 'civil', certain members have continued to post personal disparaging remarks. Consider this now a 'red alert' warning to remain on topic and remain civil.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shark said:

Shark Sinovac wasn't even recognized in most western country's and was not licensed. finally the Thai government acknowledged that it was not as good as other vaccines and they will now not buy anymore so i would say it is not a good vaccine and it was more costly to purchase.

13 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Because the unvaccinated maintain the restrictions internationally that stop us travelling without a lot of hassle, keep the bars closes, keep other restrictions because they perpetuate the virus in the mind of the the authorities. Its not all about passing on the virus, its about the world getting back to some kind of normality

No, the authoritarian psychopath govts do that.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

A members post has been removed as they are in breach of Rule 11 and they will be restricted from posting content until Nov 22nd 2021.

Thaiger Talk Moderators are all volunteers. Any abuse directed to them will be severely sanctioned, including a possible permanent ban from the Forum. All Questions to Moderators, and any comments or complaints about Moderation actions, must only be raised by a Personal Message (PM) to a Moderator and must not be posted on the Forum itself.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1