News Forum - Health Ministry warns people to get vaccinated or face possible restrictions

Thaiger

Thailand’s Public Health Ministry is urging people who’ve yet to be vaccinated to do so or face possible restrictions. Dr Kiatiphum Wongrajit says the ministry is ramping up vaccination in the next 2 weeks in order to achieve its target of 100 million doses administered. According to a Bangkok Post report, the figure currently stands at 85 million doses. Around 10 million people are yet to receive their first dose and Kiatiphum says officials plan to administer 13.98 doses by the end of November. 8.6 million of those will be first doses, while 5.38 will be second and third, or […]

The story Health Ministry warns people to get vaccinated or face possible restrictions as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well maybe this stupid government needs to face restrictions because I personally know of people who are not vaccinated yet because this government stuffed up with the ordering of Moderna vaccine and these people were told that it would be here in October and now it is November and there is only a small trickle of the vaccine has arrived here. My wife is on the list of Thonburi Medical Group and has paid for 2 injections to be administered at a local hospital but her queue number is 316,782 and there is only 36,000 doses allocated to this hospital so far. It is this government with the stuffing up of these vaccine orders that is causing a lot of this problem, so instead of threatening the people who are on waiting lists with restrictions get the vaccine and vaccinate the people.

Edited by Russell
  • Like 14

"“The CCSA wants the target group to get their shots and it may come up with measures to give people an incentive to get vaccinated. And if necessary, the CCSA may impose a rule requiring people to show they have received at least 1 dose when attending activities in public places”

Good!

I have lost patience with those who don't want to get vaccinated.

I had some sympathy with them in the early days (although I disagreed) of the vaccine roll-out as it was new and still under 'emergency use' authorization; I could live with the argument that forcing people to take it then was a violation of individual rights.

However, that time has passed. The medical regulatory bodies of numerous countries have all declared the vaccines safe and useful and hundreds of millions of shots have been administered.

What are the implications of this? It WAS a case of respecting individual rights, but that time has passed; now it IS a case of civic responsibility.

There is an old saying that "every right has a responsibility" and that is the case now. It is the civic duty and public health responsibility of people to get vaccinated, and if not to pay a penalty; being a member of a civilized society has obligations as well as benefits.

If you aren't willing to get shot, stay off public transportation and away from crowds of responsible people and be prepared to pay a huge amount more for your health insurance. If you don't like it, go live in a remote cabin in the woods and write angry letters to the government while sitting under a bare light bulb.

Many of us want to get on with life and are tired of your selfishness.

• Like 8
  • Angry 3

5 minutes ago, Shade_Wilder said:

"“The CCSA wants the target group to get their shots and it may come up with measures to give people an incentive to get vaccinated. And if necessary, the CCSA may impose a rule requiring people to show they have received at least 1 dose when attending activities in public places”

Good!

I had some sympathy with them in the early days (although I disagreed) of the vaccine roll-out as it was new and still under 'emergency use' authorization; I could live with the argument that forcing people to take it then was a violation of individual rights.

However, that time has passed. The medical regulatory bodies of numerous countries have all declared the vaccines safe and useful and hundreds of millions of shots have been administered.

What are the implications of this? It WAS a case of respecting individual rights, but that time has passed; now it IS a case of civic responsibility.

There is an old saying that "every right has a responsibility" and that is the case now. It is the civic duty and public health responsibility of people to get vaccinated, and if not to pay a penalty; being a member of a civilized society has obligations as well as benefits.

If you aren't willing to get shot, stay off public transportation and away from crowds of responsible people and be prepared to pay a huge amount more for your health insurance. If you don't like it, go live in a remote cabin in the woods and write angry letters to the government while sitting under a bare light bulb.

What about the people on waiting list for their shots but because of this government stuffing the order up these people still have not been vaccinated but they have already paid cash for their vaccinations. Are they to stay off public transport and away from crowds of responsible people. Are you including them as your selfish ones.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Russell said:

Well maybe this stupid government needs to face restrictions because I personally know of people who are not vaccinated yet because this government stuffed up with the ordering of Moderna vaccine and these people were told that it would be here in October and now it is November and there is only a small trickle of the vaccine has arrived here. My wife is on the list of Thonburi Medical Group and has paid for 2 injections to be administered at a local hospital but her queue number is 316,782 and there is only 36,000 doses allocated to this hospital so far. It is this government with the stuffing up of these vaccine orders that is causing a lot of this problem, so instead of threatening the people who are on waiting lists with restrictions get the vaccine and vaccinate the people.

I know a lady that just got her first dose of Pfizer I asked her why it took so long and she said she had been waiting for the good stuff 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

My girlfriend paid for Moderna through the hospital, where is it? Number 11000 or close by and still no information on when it will be administered

She done this to avoid the crap Sinojunk vaccinations which she was told to avoid by her doctor,

Where are they? Paid up front because the hospitals that were giving out free Sinojunk vaccinations didn't want to have Moderna vaccines that they paid for that "maybe" were less effective against variants.

Are they going to restrict people that haven't had 4 vaccinations because the Minister for Health says you need 4 to travel abroad? Is this light of knowledge now saying that Thai people without 4 vaccinations are not properly vaccinated? 

The Thai government make it too easy for their policies to get ripped to shreds.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Russell said:

My g/f is waiting for the M0derna that we have already paid for. They need to get a grip and get supplies in country. 

• Like 5

If they stopped giving sinovac I'm pretty sure more will come forward.. the government said they will stop using sinovac when the supply run out then took another 1.5 million from China! Then not accepting the free morderna from Poland or the original 1 million pfizer from the US now changed to morderna..

I know some people as others have said in this thread that are waiting for Moderna that they have paid for!

And don't forget areas that were promised vaccines to be sent but are still waiting 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Who the hell you think you are to say something like that? Not to mention that your comment is full of errors and lack of knowledge, and simply badly informed, a complete non-sense. I am personally vaccinated, my choice, but I will always protect the freedom of choice to ABSOLUTELY anyone on this planet for these vaccines, for any vaccine, for anything medically related that should concern us all indivually and basta. You get vaccinated to protect yourself, you are not protecting anyone else with these vaccines.

<derogatory comments removed>

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Good!

If vaccine works for you, you are protected against all unvaccinated as well as Covid. Why do you care whether somebody else is vaccinated because you are protected already? 

Edited by Hyper
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Hyper said:

If vaccine works for you, you are protected against all unvaccinated as well as Covid. Why do you care whether somebody else is vaccinated because you are protected already? 

Because the unvaccinated maintain the restrictions internationally that stop us travelling without a lot of hassle, keep the bars closes, keep other restrictions because they perpetuate the virus in the mind of the the authorities. Its not all about passing on the virus, its about the world getting back to some kind of normality

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

What about the stuff ups by this stupid government. Stuffed up a donation of how many doses of vaccine from America because this stupid government claimed that it did not go through the right channels for a donation. Then there is the stopping of Thammerat University from buying Moderna vaccine direct instead of going through the incompetent government system. So how much vaccine has been stopped from coming into the country by this incompetent stupid government who has just spent money to purchase fighter aircraft for the military as if their is a war. Yes, there is a war but it is a war against Covid and fighter aircraft will not work against Covid so that money would be better spent buying vaccine for the people

Edited by Russell
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Because the unvaccinated maintain the restrictions internationally that stop us travelling without a lot of hassle, keep the bars closes, keep other restrictions because they perpetuate the virus in the mind of the the authorities. Its not all about passing on the virus, its about the world getting back to some kind of normality

So at least you are admitting it is abut "you".

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, billywillyjones said:

So at least you are admitting it is abut "you".

Its about all of us.  If you can't see that, well......

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Vaccination should be voluntary.

Early adopters took the risk of only emergency approved vaccines, whilst others were sceptical of side effects and conspiracies.

But the choice not to get vaccinated has risks too, as the unvaccinated are much more likely to be hospitalised, thus costing the community and health service a lot and taking beds that should be used for others.

Only to have free choice and let someone else take the consequences of your decision is not a realistic expectation.

Restrictions for the unvaccinated are likely to be introduced as prevention of serious disease and associated problems and cost. It's not just in Thailand, we see it happening in the west as well now.

On the other hand, if the government is to set restrictions, everyone must have been given the opportunity to be vaccinated with an effective vaccine.

And the donations should have been graciously accepted, whether it was through the GPO or private organisation, as it all contributes to the safety of the citizens. This should not be a political or financial game.,

Off topic but mentioned above: the frustration of people that prepaid for vaccines is understandable. But in the contract that they agreed to when paying, it gave an "expected period of arrival" and specifically mentioned that there were no guarantees. These hospitals knew full well that they depended on others. Payment was required because the government wouldn't order until the hospitals paid them. So, although it's regrettable that it takes longer with additional frustration in areas where the virus is spreading, don't blame the hospitals. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Transam said:

I know a farang teacher that has not been vaxed or wears a mask at work in school or anywhere else, nobody says anything....🥴

So maybe Thai folk and the students should just spit on him if he doesn't wear a mask when in the close proximity of people. Giving foreigners a bad name.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Angry 1

2 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Good!

Agree with most of what your saying Shade but the Government dragged there feet in rolling out the vaccine and are still dragging there feet with delaying and refusing donated vaccines so you cant entirely blame people who are not vaxxed.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Off topic but mentioned above: the frustration of people that prepaid for vaccines is understandable. But in the contract that they agreed to when paying, it gave an "expected period of arrival" and specifically mentioned that there were no guarantees. These hospitals knew full well that they depended on others. Payment was required because the government wouldn't order until the hospitals paid them. So, although it's regrettable that it takes longer with additional frustration in areas where the virus is spreading, don't blame the hospitals. 

Sorry, I am blaming the hospitals, they are the medical professionals.

The ordering and processing took forever, they took the money 6 months ago and haven't delivered, effectively a soft loan and if they don't deliver? Especially since these hospitals were recommending some patients not to get the Sinojunk, 

They basically had people over a barrel with clause after clause and where are the vaccines? 

Oh don't blame the hospitals my ass, they wanted a piece of the vaccine pie, they are at fault as much as the government.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Pete424 said:

Sorry, I am blaming the hospitals, they are the medical professionals.

The ordering and processing took forever, they took the money 6 months ago and haven't delivered, effectively a soft loan and if they don't deliver? Especially since these hospitals were recommending some patients not to get the Sinojunk, 

They basically had people over a barrel with clause after clause and where are the vaccines? 

Oh don't blame the hospitals my ass, they wanted a piece of the vaccine pie, they are at fault as much as the government.

Well, they didn't knock on your door to force you. And the contract clearly states that there are no guarantees. If you decided to believe something else, that's not their fault either.

They are between a rock and a hard place. They want to provide a service, but have no control over when they get the vaccine as the government holds all the strings.

When I heard about the option I read the fine print and decided against it. You could have too.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

Early adopters took the risk of only emergency approved vaccines, whilst others were sceptical of side effects and conspiracies.

But the choice not to get vaccinated has risks too, as the unvaccinated are much more likely to be hospitalised, thus costing the community and health service a lot and taking beds that should be used for others.

Only to have free choice and let someone else take the consequences of your decision is not a realistic expectation.

Restrictions for the unvaccinated are likely to be introduced as prevention of serious disease and associated problems and cost. It's not just in Thailand, we see it happening in the west as well now.

On the other hand, if the government is to set restrictions, everyone must have been given the opportunity to be vaccinated with an effective vaccine.

And the donations should have been graciously accepted, whether it was through the GPO or private organisation, as it all contributes to the safety of the citizens. This should not be a political or financial game.,

Just can't stay away from that "conspiracy" word can you lol

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Good!

I think we should differentiate between those who are unwilling to be vaccinated and those here (in Thailand) who just want a vaccine that is not from taobao. My experience with some of our staff is they paid for the Modena and are still waiting; another one  had 2 from Taobao and then had a 3rd AZ

• Like 1

Seems to me the really emotional ones have backed themselves into a corner, and now false pride and childish ego prevent them from changing course.   They latch on to rhetoric from internet echo chambers, clinging to the false security of consensus, as it slowly evaporates around them. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Russell said:

Spot on @Russell!

Back in In April when the wave hit ,many of these conspirators who seized power by force were ambushed by the China virus!

The guy who runs the Health Ministry ,isn’t a doctor or expert  he was installed by a glorified security guard ,turned PM. From what my wife said his (Antunin)claim to importance is a successful construction business! 555

They have made numerous bad decisions which have been documented in the news and discussed here such as not joining  other countries in the Covax plan,manipulating the doses of AZ, mixing vax, subscribing to a very low efficacy vax(sinovax), Songkran debacle,construction workers fleeing to go back to villages in the northeast after announcing a ban on travel in BKK
It seems many Thai’s imop want to participate but only with quality vaxs!!

The people here aren’t allowed to speak freely ! Its a controversial topic these vaxs that are being pushed on the world , by Govt while many citizens are suspicious of the “potential “damage “ they could cause in the short and long term!  
The talk of restrictions and condemning people who choose what goes into their bodies is  very concerning ,to put it passively !

Shame Shame on the oppressor 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bob20 said:

it is.  Where is it compulsory?  There may be consequences of not being vaccinated, but I have not heard of any country making it compulsory. 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1