News Forum - Public Health Minister barred entry to Switzerland over vaccine requirements

Thaiger

5 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

On the website with the covid-19 approved vaccines for entering Switzerland < https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html > it reads:

Which COVID-19 vaccines allow entry to Switzerland?

People who have received one of the following vaccines can enter Switzerland:

• Pfizer/BioNTech (BNT162b2 / Comirnaty® / Tozinameran)
  • Moderna (mRNA-1273 / Spikevax / COVID-19 vaccine Moderna)
  • AstraZeneca (AZD1222 Vaxzevria®/ Covishield™)
  • Janssen / Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
  • Sinopharm / BIBP (SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine (Vero Cell))
  • Sinovac (CoronaVac)
  • COVAXIN®

>> But this begs the question WHY Anutin was refused entry to that recent WHO-meeting in Switzerland.  Allegedly he had 2 shots of SinoVac (fist one in February) and according to the ThaiGer article he also had the AZ booster-shot.

Good question. Is his hatred for us international news?

• Like 4
  • Cool 1

Just now, mickkotlarski said:

Good question. Is his hatred for us international news?

Well his "Dirty Farang" outburst made international news, so perhaps this is a bit of payback.

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Switzerland barred entry to Thailand’s Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul, reportedly for not meeting the country’s Covid-19 vaccination requirements,

Blimey that's a Swiss army knife in the back for the minister for ganja .. I suppose he'll just have to roll with it ..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Cool 1

10 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

On the website with the covid-19 approved vaccines for entering Switzerland < https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html > it reads:

Which COVID-19 vaccines allow entry to Switzerland?

People who have received one of the following vaccines can enter Switzerland:

• Pfizer/BioNTech (BNT162b2 / Comirnaty® / Tozinameran)
  • Moderna (mRNA-1273 / Spikevax / COVID-19 vaccine Moderna)
  • AstraZeneca (AZD1222 Vaxzevria®/ Covishield™)
  • Janssen / Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
  • Sinopharm / BIBP (SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine (Vero Cell))
  • Sinovac (CoronaVac)
  • COVAXIN®

>> But this begs the question WHY Anutin was refused entry to that recent WHO-meeting in Switzerland.  Allegedly he had 2 shots of SinoVac (fist one in February) and according to the ThaiGer article he also had the AZ booster-shot.

Maybe they just didn't want him . . . that's my bet.

• Haha 7
  • Cool 1

Just now, Bluesofa said:

But hard cheese for him.

Being a nation of timepiece makers I reckon they've been watching him .. no surprise if slack bowelled Prawit is called upon what with his connections to the luxury watch trade .. 

• Haha 2
  • Cool 1

Just now, Dedinbed said:

Being a nation of timepiece makers I reckon they've been watching him .. no surprise if slack bowelled Prawit is called upon what with his connections to the luxury watch trade .. 

Surprised Prawit has not been on TikTok 😂

8 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Yes . . . watch this space!

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Between who's ears?

Anutin . . . Prawit? You tell me . . . there's just so much empty space there.  (Sorry @Russell, you beat me to the 'empty' gag!) 

Great move by the Swiss, though, all things considered, to gently ease these creatures into their rightful political ranking, i.e. unimportant.

• Like 4
  • Cool 1

11 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

He'd have clocked me trying to do that .. 

Between Swiss clocks and Swiss lockouts, I reckon we're staying well enough OT . . . just about, but let's be honest, the PHM really has deserved more than a little tomfoolery 😅.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, King Cotton said:

Between Swiss clocks and Swiss lockouts, I reckon we're staying well enough OT . . . just about, but let's be honest, the PHM really has deserved more than a little tomfoolery 😅.

Well. Something just came back and bit them in the rear-end. But didn't they all think they were so ahead of the game and every one else by jabbing first while the commoners were left to rot in the peon hell?.. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Just as well no one's stretched the Swiss angle a bit further with Toblerone's or yodelling .. But back on track TukTuk above has hit the nail firmly on the head in his post .. 

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1