Time to build a house!

GMoney2312

15 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Works okay for me 👍🏻

Are you in Thailand?
If so, are you logged in using a VPN?
The video tells me it's blocked from my country on copyright grounds. (I'm in Thailand)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

Whoa, the link above works for me!

That is on my Rumble page. You Tube flagged the song I inserted for copyright laws. They have found me out!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

Are you in Thailand?
If so, are you logged in using a VPN?
The video tells me it's blocked from my country on copyright grounds. (I'm in Thailand)

I’m in Japan, no issues. @Slacker77is in Sweden as he said so blocked in some countries but not others. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Slacker77 said:

Really cool to see your housebulding going on when do you expect to moving in ?

They said 6 to 8 months when they started. My bet is it will be 6 months. The entire crew is living on the land in the back, they seems to work all the time!

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

They said 6 to 8 months when they started. My bet is it will be 6 months. The entire crew is living on the land in the back, they seems to work all the time!

How many people are there working on the house?
Six months seems a long time to me if they are there full time.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Six months seems a long time to me if they are there full time.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

About 6 to 7.

Right about the time they may be finished, rainy season kicks in- so you never know.

Plus, the inside will be very Non Thai- so that may slow them down.

Just the fact that the kitchen is right off the front entrance has them amused.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GMoney2312 said:

About 6 to 7.

Right about the time they may be finished, rainy season kicks in- so you never know.

Plus, the inside will be very Non Thai- so that may slow them down.

Just the fact that the kitchen is right off the front entrance has them amused.

From watching your video I get the impression you'll be watching everything as its being built, which is good.
I'm not trying to sound negative, but I'd say you do need to watch what's happening. Just to make sure things go where you want, rather than where might be easier, or fitted at the wrong height/position.

My wife is building her sixth house right now, and even though the boss it very good and helpful, sometimes the staff can make errors, hence my wife checking how it's going all the time.

More than twenty years ago we had a 'builder' do some work in a GoGo bar. On the day we had to go to Bangkok for the day, we left him tiling an outside patio on the fourth floor - the roof.
Came back to find each row of tiles was out of line by an eighth of an inch. Over twenty rows it made the last row out of line by over two inches.
There was an almighty argument with the builder and our mamasan (who was before a tiler by trade).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

From watching your video I get the impression you'll be watching everything as its being built, which is good.

We live 3 minutes away by car. And they know I am doing You Tube all the time. The bigger bosses of the company are super happy I am filming everything, and they often share it on their FB page. We have already brought snacks one day and energy drinks- they even gave me a company polo shirt. So all good so far!

• Like 1

Nope, not boring at all.

Been in our house a year now, & it's interesting to see how other people get on with their new build. 

So keep 'em coming.

I see you have a prayer room, a lovely thing to have.

Which Religion do you follow?

• Like 1

Just now, Faraday said:

Which Religion do you follow?

I was raised Catholic. I no longer follow it. I was actually an Alter Boy, but never got molested. The prayer room is to appease my wife. But I do my Buddhism interesting and very easy going. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1