Time to build a house!

GMoney2312

22 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

My wife has an Aunt and her British partner just down the street from us. It was actually below the drone when it had to turn back. I will fly from his house over to the job site. That should be easy!

Yep I was just about to sugest you start the flight closer to the job site lol.

I enjoy these drone clips and I always wondered how you got them home when there was no visual, now I know! 'Return to home', thank you.

If you need some extra cash to finish the project, maybe you could organise pad krapow moo home delivery by drone? 🤣🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting problem. Does the drone have a 'point of no return' feature? Perhaps it's a reserve power problem rather than a control problem. Under perfect conditions (how the manufacturers and rating body's test) the drone may have far greater range than in the real world.

• Like 2

Merry Christmas G, here's the house my wife built for us while I was living in Cambodia, completed for less than 900k Baht almost 5 years ago. I did nothing except chip in 50% of the cost, took about 5 months in total.

Local builder always in big demand is her cousin, so the only problem was nailing his feet to the ground from time to time, he was always so busy. My wife, who never had even a basic education did everything from the design to the choice of materials. Her only regret is wooden windows they will probably have to be replaced in another 5 years. It has 2 bedrooms, a large lounge, large kitchen and one bathroom.

Been living rent free for the last 5 years I recommend it!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, El_Trauco said:

'point of no return' feature?

Yes, low battery warnings give you a short lease, but if you press your luck the drone can take over to save it`s own ass and fly home. Not quite like the Terminator movies, but close.....🤣

• Haha 3
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

completed for less than 900k Baht

Ours will hit 2 million Baht- but we have many Western Style upgrades. 180 sq. meters inside

Then around 40,000 USD more to completed the inside, the wall, and some landscaping.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

Ours will hit 2 million Baht- but we have many Western Style upgrades. 180 sq. meters inside

Then around 40,000 USD more to completed the inside, the wall, and some landscaping.

Yeah, it's the add=on's that kill you! 😀

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GMoney2312 said:

Started out strong, ended with a whimper....damn!

Nice attempt, mate - but a much higher quality production of boots-on-the-ground type of working video would be much more appreciated. You know the type of narrative video of "what we're doing know" and so forth. Nonetheless.....all coming along nicely. Best to ya!!😘

13 minutes ago, Rain said:

boots-on-the-ground type of working

The entire crew is off till January for New Years, so I have nothing to show right now. I do not plan on showing just drone stuff, I am just bored right now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GMoney2312 said:

The entire crew is off till January for New Years, so I have nothing to show right now. I do not plan on showing just drone stuff, I am just bored right now.

I have heard that Tuk Tuk has been seen in the village carrying a drone buster and a hacksaw, just saying like. 

But seriously everything looking good.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

Might interesting, on early NYE to fly the drone around & see how people are celebrating...?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Faraday said:

& see how people are celebrating...?

Well, considering loud music was on all the way till 5 am this morning somewhere down the street- I plan on sleeping with ear plugs.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

I have heard that Tuk Tuk has been seen in the village carrying a drone buster and a hacksaw

Too funny!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, GMoney2312 said:

Well, considering loud music was on all the way till 5 am this morning somewhere down the street- I plan on sleeping with ear plugs.

Ooh yes, you're preaching to the converted!
We get that here two or three times a year. At a Thai superstar's house - nay, enormous mansion and grounds (at a guess, around 50 rai?), just down the road from us when she puts on free morlam concerts for the locals, that finish around 6am.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/25/2021 at 10:16 PM, GMoney2312 said:

Have 4 minutes to kill? Just Drone stuff, no building info.

Enjoy!

That gave a very good perspective of the type of town/area you are in

Much more "urban" and populous than my wife's village

• Thanks 1

No home building stuff- but you can rate my Tarzan impression (scale of 1 to 5) and bonus points for matching the music with what movie!

Enjoy!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GMoney2312 said:

Geez guys! This is supposed to be all about me! Where is all my attention?😂

I'm here for you Greg - well, in spirit actually.

How's the drone, crashed it yet? 😂😂😂

funeral_IMG_51080.jpg.d0dcdef6ca211d3e3922b80792990e93.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Faraday said:

I'm here for you Greg - well, in spirit actually.

Thanks my man!

The Drone is ok. No fly time right now, maybe soon.

• Like 1