News Forum - PM Prayut eyes 1 million “high-quality tourists” in his Phuket transformation

Thaiger

3 hours ago, Stardust said:

He should visit first high class destinatinations in europe or elsewhere in the world then compare it to the standards and infrastructure in Thailand. Maybe they start to learn first how to make a proper sidewalk, cabelling and waste management before talking stupid incompetent nonsense like an incompetent clown.

Yet you feel the need to be on a Thai forum

I'm sure live or been to Thailand many times

I will never get this constant whining about Thailand from guys who are also obsessed with the place 

I've never seen it anywhere else in my life 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Robosibbo said:

Cloud cuckoo land, who's wants to travel and have any kind of restrictions.... anyone with decent money will go west to the Caribbean which has far less restrictions

Yet still has restrictions half the whiners on here complain in every thread about 

They all should just stay home and be miserable in their homes 

Most Caribbean countries you need a covid test (the whiners on here will bitch about that)

Most Caribbean countries still have a mask mandate (the miserable bastards will whine about that)

Meanwhile the people in all these countries, including Thailand, aren't self absorbed whiners like most on here

They are living with these restrictions and getting on with it 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Pierre said:

Must admit that even though we are longing to get back and visit Thailand it won't happen before we can be just as free as in our own country.

• To be free to go where we want to when we want
  • To eat and drink when, where and what
  • To not wearing that freaking mask in 35 degree heat (sadly we don't have these temperature here in scandinavia)

Must admit that when all corona restrictions was dropped here in beginning of September one really appreciate the freedom we had before corona.

• Not wearing masks at all (Though we only had to wear them in public traffic and shops during restrictions)
  • No corona passport or testing to go to restaurants
  • Able to get a massage, haircut

Oh no

Not a mask! 

Don't make a grown adult wear a mask

Those bullies 

My wife and I were here 2 months ago 

Masks required in public, we gladly wore them

While all the grown adult babies on here whine.....

20210719_122645.jpg

20210716_151754.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Oh no

Not a mask! 

Don't make a grown adult wear a mask

Those bullies 

My wife and I were here 2 months ago 

Masks required in public, we gladly wore them

While all the grown adult babies on here whine.....

20210719_122645.jpg

20210716_151754.jpg

Well only because you are forced to wear mask in you own country not all have compromise on the quality of our vacations 😂

2 minutes ago, Pierre said:

Well only because you are forced to wear mask in you own country not all have compromise on the quality of our vacations 😂

So don't  go and stop whining about it

It's that simple

You are all grown adults, stop acting like entitled babies 

Jesus Christ 

That's all I read on this forum

Is whining about everything in every thread.

It really is that simple

You want to go on holiday, look up a country's travel restrictions and decide if they are OK for you

If so, go enjoy yourself 

If not, stay home or go somewhere else 

But no, all these grown adults on here would rather just whine constantly 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

So don't  go and stop whining about it

It's that simple

You are all grown adults, stop acting like entitled babies 

Jesus Christ 

That's all I read on this forum

Is whining about everything in every thread.

It really is that simple

You want to go on holiday, look up a country's travel restrictions and decide if they are OK for you

If so, go enjoy yourself 

If not, stay home or go somewhere else 

But no, all these grown adults on here would rather just whine constantly 

If you are so tired of us "whining" why don't you just find some other forums where no one is whining?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pierre said:

If you are so tired of us "whining" why don't you just find some other forums where no one is whining?

Why whine about what a country that isn't yours decides to do?

That's all people do on here

Again it's simple

Decide if what they require is acceptable or not

Be an adult and get on with it, either way 

You personally are whining about having to wear a mask

So don't go, decision sorted.

I have just saved you hours of whining on a chat forum

No thanks necessary......

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pierre said:

Because following that logic, there would only be (checks ignore list) 21 people here.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Why whine about what a country that isn't yours decides to do?

I think people are getting on with it.

And at the same time getting information from the forum.

And at the same time letting out their frustrations on the forum.

And, maybe most importantly, discussing things that aren't right here and for which there is no great place to discuss them otherwise...

(BTW, complaining about whining is whining too, so if you don't like it follow your own advice)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I think people are getting on with it.

And at the same time getting information from the forum.

And at the same time letting out their frustrations on the forum.

And, maybe most importantly, discussing things that aren't right here and for which there is no great place to discuss them otherwise...

(BTW, complaining about whining is whining too, so if you don't like it follow your own advice)

By the way, I know a few Thais who have travelled back and quarantined, in their home country.

Not a peep from them.....

But what frustrations should any tourist have none?

They are entitled to none.....

If they are OK with the restrictions of the country they want to visit, than go 

If not, stay home 

By they way, most of the people that are whining, their countries also have covid entry restrictions 

And I'd challenge your assertion that people are trying to get information 

Most are just whining 

There has been a few informative posts about people doing the process with barely no replies 

Those have been great information.....

Edited by Marc26
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Rain said:

Damn Oriental Barbaric Savages.

Why can't they just adapt and be like us. 

I do believe a good civilising mission is in order.

I'm an old white guy and I want to do what I want! 

It's not fair........

Just now, Marc26 said:

By the way, I know a few Thais who have travelled back and quarantined, in their home country.

If not, stay home 

By they way, most of the people that are whining, their countries also have covid entry restrictions 

You're entitled to your opinion. And this forum likely won't change anything. But I think you miss the reason why people vent their frustrations...

3 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

You're entitled to your opinion. And this forum likely won't change anything. But I think you miss the reason why people vent their frustrations...

But again, they have no right to be frustrated!

It's not their country 

Accept what restrictions the country has put forth or STFU and stay in your country 

It is so simple......

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

But again, they have no right to be frustrated!

It's not their country 

Accept what restrictions the country has put forth or STFU and stay in your country 

It is so simple......

Well, 1) I see you happily joining in and 2) don't decide for someone else what should or shouldn't frustrate them. 

Talking is still the best way to let it out.

18 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

If not, stay home 

And I'd challenge your assertion that people are trying to get information 

Most are just whining 

There has been a few informative posts about people doing the process with barely no replies 

Those have been great information.....

Believe me when I tell you that when my wife and kids traveled back in June and did ALQ in Pattaya they complained. 

On the plus side it was free and saved me 100k. They were some of the last Thais to go for free. 

I also didn't like the way they separated them into different rooms. Think the kids should have been able to stay with their mum. 

I complained a lot about not being able to Sandbox, but seeing how is open to every country now I've stopped. 

I think next month once a lot more places are open it will be better for most people. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Believe me when I tell you that when my wife and kids traveled back in June and did ALQ in Pattaya they complained. 

On the plus side it was free and saved me 100k. They were some of the last Thais to go for free. 

I also didn't like the way they separated them into different rooms. Think the kids should have been able to stay with their mum. 

I complained a lot about not being able to Sandbox, but seeing how is open to every country now I've stopped. 

I think next month once a lot more places are open it will be better for most people. 

You having family involved in it have ever right to complain/worry 

And like every country trying to navigate through this, Thailand isn't going  to get it all right 

I'm talking about the constant whiners, whining about going on holiday 

But unless it's an absolute family emergency, everyone has the choice to go or not......

Edited by Marc26

5 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

You having family involved in it have ever right to complain/worry 

And like every country trying to navigate through this, Thailand isn't going  to get it all right 

I'm talking about the constant whiners, whining about going on holiday 

But unless it's an absolute family emergency, everyone has the choice to go or not......

For sure. I did ASQ last December and swore to myself I'd never do it again. 

Fortunately my family were able to visit me in the Middle East for a couple of months in the school holidays. 

I've been waiting for things to change all year. Now eligible for the SBox, and when Hua Hin Recharge starts even better. Don't need to go to Phuket. 

I won't mind booking a hotel for the 1st seven nights if I get to see the family every day. 

Beats full on quarantine in Bangkok hands down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

This leads to an expanded discussion - not germane to this thread - about why some people talk about wanting to live in a world as it should be and some people choose to live in the world as it is.

I'm with @Marc26 on this. Thailand is not going to do anything differently than it's doing (even though experience shows we don't have a clue as to what that might be). So we have a choice: 1) Deal with what we have to do to visit Thailand. 2) Say "No thanks!" and go somewhere else. or 3) Wait until Thailand's rules and regulations line up with your expectations. Then go. Pick one.

Now, for me, what would be interesting, and germane to the topic, would be if commenters like @Pierre would talk in details about the alternatives to travel to Thailand that he mentions. What are the requirements in the various nations of the Caribbean? How does a place like St. Martin - basically a small version of Phuket, without the nice scenery - attract the largest seasonal concentration of mega-millionaires and billionaires when, outside of their "high-quality" presence, the places is just a dump catering to the cruise-ship crowd?

Wishing for Thailand to be different is fine, but how to implement that difference is interesting.

7 minutes ago, JamesE said:

This leads to an expanded discussion - not germane to this thread - about why some people talk about wanting to live in a world as it should be and some people choose to live in the world as it is.

I'm with @Marc26 on this. Thailand is not going to do anything differently than it's doing (even though experience shows we don't have a clue as to what that might be). So we have a choice: 1) Deal with what we have to do to visit Thailand. 2) Say "No thanks!" and go somewhere else. or 3) Wait until Thailand's rules and regulations line up with your expectations. Then go. Pick one.

Now, for me, what would be interesting, and germane to the topic, would be if commenters like @Pierre would talk in details about the alternatives to travel to Thailand that he mentions. What are the requirements in the various nations of the Caribbean? How does a place like St. Martin - basically a small version of Phuket, without the nice scenery - attract the largest seasonal concentration of mega-millionaires and billionaires when, outside of their "high-quality" presence, the places is just a dump catering to the cruise-ship crowd?

Wishing for Thailand to be different is fine, but how to implement that difference is interesting.

Wow, you hit the nail on the head about the Caribbean 

Very relevant to the last few posts

I want a beach holiday in December but we have my nephew's wedding 

So I can't chance going outside the country and testing positive when trying to return 

So have decided on Puerto Rico or US Virgin Islands

Neither are my 1st choice, but I'm not whining, will just decide it I want to go

But I have not been impressed with St Thomas when doing my research! 

St John is nicer but still not overly impressed 

9 minutes ago, JamesE said:

You're reading way too much into my post.

Firstly, you will find that I'm not partaking in the complaining in the thread.

Secondly, people have frustrations, rightly or wrongly.

It is my contention that to vent them is the best way to deal with that, rather than crop them up until it finds a worse way out.

Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 2

“working remotely, which is still currently not technically legal in Thailand.” - so the intent is to draw people to Thailand in order to break the law? Besides the fact you rally can only attempt to draw high spending tourists. Keeping in mind they have even more options open to them than others. The first thing thailand needs to do it make it easier to visit and open entertainment and bars. Yes even high end visitors like to get out and have fun.