News Forum - Vietnamese man gets 5 years in jail for spreading Covid

Thaiger

A man in Vietnam has received a 5 year jail sentence for breaking home quarantine rules and spreading Covid. 28 year old Le Van Tri has been convicted of “spreading dangerous infectious diseases to other people” after he went to his home province in Ca Mau from Ho Chi Minh City in July, says the Vietnam News Agency. Le Van had been accused of breaking a 21 day home quarantine when he travelled to Ca Mau. He tested positive for Covid on July 7. The 28 year old’s decision to leave quarantine had dangerous consequences for his fellow citizens. “Tri’s […]

The post Vietnamese man gets 5 years in jail for spreading Covid appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

If they can directly link the other sickness and deaths to him he should have been prosecuted as multiple manslaughter and given much longer. 

Its selfish people like this who have us in this position we are in in Thailand.

• Like 5

Imagine such a thing happening here? Thousands spread Covid from Bangkok to the provinces, while the authorities did nothing to stop the flow or spread. 

Sometimes, it is convenient to have a few adults in the room. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dmacarelli said:

Imagine such a thing happening here? Thousands spread Covid from Bangkok to the provinces, while the authorities did nothing to stop the flow or spread. 

So you agree with a five year sentence for this?  Can't taxpayers money be better spent?

22 minutes ago, billywillyjones said:

So you agree with a five year sentence for this?  Can't taxpayers money be better spent?

Don't think a lot of tax payers money is spent on a prisoner in Viatnam or hear for that matter.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A man in Vietnam has received a 5 year jail sentence for breaking home quarantine rules and spreading Covid. 28 year old Le Van Tri has been convicted of “spreading dangerous infectious diseases to other people” after he went to his home province in Ca Mau from Ho Chi Minh City in July, says the Vietnam News Agency. Le Van had been accused of breaking a 21 day home quarantine when he travelled to Ca Mau. He tested positive for Covid on July 7. The 28 year old’s decision to leave quarantine had dangerous consequences for his fellow citizens. “Tri’s […]

The post Vietnamese man gets 5 years in jail for spreading Covid appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

When we can bring the ccp China into jail for spreading covid to the whole world?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, billywillyjones said:

Yes it could be spent better. How much is a 44 Caliber bullet these days? Must be cheaper than 3 meals a day for 5 years. Idiot deserves all he gets

• Like 1

Are we going incarcerate everyone for spreading all of the different strains of the deadly flu virus? Or anyone of the other viruses? This is absurd... and anyone supporting this is truly sick in the head. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

Yes it could be spent better. How much is a 44 Caliber bullet these days? Must be cheaper than 3 meals a day for 5 years. Idiot deserves all he gets

Noted...

There's a doctrine called Preemptive Self-Defense... this doctrine exists for people like you. Just a piece of advice... you should consider keeping this opinion to yourself. You have some level of anonymity here and you are of course (always my base morality) free to speak. But that speech can have consequences... but, thank you for sharing your thoughts. 

• Like 2

12,000 deaths over a 20 month period in Thailand. How many died of Vector borne illness in Thailand during the same period? How far are we going take this? Are we going to incarcerate those proven to spread the deadly influenza A virus? The influenza B virus? The chicken Pox virus? The (pick your deadly communicable disease of choice here). Where does the attempted control of this end? Just to be clear, this is not ebola, this is not polio, this is not the deadly Spanish Flu... We now know the millions of dead projected by the "experts" like Neil Ferguson were demonstrably wrong. 

Mass psychosis is defined as “an epidemic of madness” that occurs when a “large portion of society loses touch with reality and descends into delusions.”

One classic historical example of mass psychosis is the witch hunts that occurred in the Americas and Europe during the 16th and 17th centuries, when tens of thousands of people, mostly women, were tortured, drowned and burned alive at the stake. The rise of totalitarianism in the 20th century is a more recent example of mass psychosis.

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Noted...

There's a doctrine called Preemptive Self-Defense... this doctrine exists for people like you. Just a piece of advice... you should consider keeping this opinion to yourself. You have some level of anonymity here and you are of course (always my base morality) free to speak. But that speech can have consequences... but, thank you for sharing your thoughts. 

A little mellow dramatic don’t you think given my comments were in relation to a convicted criminal. I think you need to take something stronger and relax. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Freeduhdumb said:

12,000 deaths over a 20 month period in Thailand

It’s only 12,000 because of the strict action taken. You refer to it as mass psychosis, whereas it’s been a perfectly rational series of actions that have saved millions of life’s around the world. I find it odd that people complain about the actions that have proved so successful in holding back the virus related deaths, and then quote those figures as evidence they were wrong to take the action. 

A strange way of thinking indeed. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Are we going incarcerate everyone for spreading all of the different strains of the deadly flu virus? Or anyone of the other viruses? This is absurd... and anyone supporting this is truly sick in the head. 

If there was a law passed by the various governments around the world and those laws are broken, then yes. That’s what laws are for. People should not break the law. If they don’t like the laws then remove the law makers. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

If there was a law passed by the various governments around the world and those laws are broken, then yes. That’s what laws are for. People should not break the law. If they don’t like the laws then remove the law makers. 

Mate - being rational and logical will not work with 16 year old conspiracy nutters sitting in their mother's basements all day on social media. Same for the older ones too me thinks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Mate - being rational and logical will not work with 16 year old conspiracy nutters sitting in their mother's basements all day on social media. Same for the older ones too me thinks. 

Yeah I agree @AussieBob.  What gets me is how serious some people take comments. Like they are a declaration of war or something. They are so easily offended and miss the casual and humorous sarcasm of this forum. 

Over the past few months, I’ve seen many posts which use the very numbers the lockdowns and restrictions have achieved to justify why lockdowns and restrictions were never needed! Not once  have I seen any rational explanation for this. I’ve tried many analogies to try to get a response that makes any sense at all. They keep on posting comments which essentially say: “Seat belts should be banned as deaths due to not wearing seat belts are so low”.

Having spent many years living in Thailand I’ve learned to follow some fairly crazy logic. But these guys really take the biscuit. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I hear you mate - but as the saying goes: "you cant fix stupid."  Although, like yourself, I also like a challenge and I will often try to at least debate them.

But the truth of the matter is that although many are just not bright and would fall for many things (like rich Nigerians), there are a lot more that are not idiots, but are unknowingly suffering from 'cognitive bias'.  They genuinely think that their own views are totally correct and that others who disagree with them are 'idiots' for not being able to 'see' things how they see them.  There are many people who genuinely believe one or more of the following: That the Earth is flat, that the Moon landings were faked, that 5G is some sort of 'mind control', that some sort of Spiritual Entity dictates everything that happens in their life, that 9/11 was insid job (CIA), that Princes Diana was murdered, that JFK was killed by the CIA, that there are aliens being held in Area 51/Roswell, that Big Pharma created Covid to make money, etc etc etc. 

Cognitive Bias (CB) creates a method of thinking that makes people think irrationally when they get input (see, hear, read, feel) about something that they have already formed an opinion on.  People with CB create their own 'reality' and then interpret everything from their own perception of what is reality. Extremely religious people will state that a flower proves the existence of what they define as their 'God' and they genuinely believe that is true. If you put a Christian and a Muslim and a Catholic and a Jew and a Buddhist and a Sikh in the exact same situation - they will all view that situation from their own perception of reality, and they will all be different - some close, and some miles apart. 

Not that you and I have CB, and all the conspiracy nutters are correct of course 😁  But we all have CB in some form or another - such as believing that one football team is the best - but some people take it to the extreme and believe that that all others are somehow 'bad' and the people who follow them are 'evil'. The issue with CB is that as humans we can create our own reality with our own minds, and we humans all do it.  So, the other day I asked my dog if Covid was as bad as they have been saying, because obviously dogs dont have the mind to create a false reality, and he said to me "woof". I didnt like that answer so I did this:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

Yeah I agree @AussieBob.  What gets me is how serious some people take comments. Like they are a declaration of war or something. They are so easily offended and miss the casual and humorous sarcasm of this forum. 

Over the past few months, I’ve seen many posts which use the very numbers the lockdowns and restrictions have achieved to justify why lockdowns and restrictions were never needed! Not once  have I seen any rational explanation for this. I’ve tried many analogies to try to get a response that makes any sense at all. They keep on posting comments which essentially say: “Seat belts should be banned as deaths due to not wearing seat belts are so low”.

Having spent many years living in Thailand I’ve learned to follow some fairly crazy logic. But these guys really take the biscuit. 

30 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I hear you mate - but as the saying goes: "you cant fix stupid."  Although, like yourself, I also like a challenge and I will often try to at least debate them.

But the truth of the matter is that although many are just not bright and would fall for many things (like rich Nigerians), there are a lot more that are not idiots, but are unknowingly suffering from 'cognitive bias'.  They genuinely think that their own views are totally correct and that others who disagree with them are 'idiots' for not being able to 'see' things how they see them.  There are many people who genuinely believe one or more of the following: That the Earth is flat, that the Moon landings were faked, that 5G is some sort of 'mind control', that some sort of Spiritual Entity dictates everything that happens in their life, that 9/11 was insid job (CIA), that Princes Diana was murdered, that JFK was killed by the CIA, that there are aliens being held in Area 51/Roswell, that Big Pharma created Covid to make money, etc etc etc. 

Cognitive Bias (CB) creates a method of thinking that makes people think irrationally when they get input (see, hear, read, feel) about something that they have already formed an opinion on.  People with CB create their own 'reality' and then interpret everything from their own perception of what is reality. Extremely religious people will state that a flower proves the existence of what they define as their 'God' and they genuinely believe that is true. If you put a Christian and a Muslim and a Catholic and a Jew and a Buddhist and a Sikh in the exact same situation - they will all view that situation from their own perception of reality, and they will all be different - some close, and some miles apart. 

Not that you and I have CB, and all the conspiracy nutters are correct of course 😁  But we all have CB in some form or another - such as believing that one football team is the best - but some people take it to the extreme and believe that that all others are somehow 'bad' and the people who follow them are 'evil'. The issue with CB is that as humans we can create our own reality with our own minds, and we humans all do it.  So, the other day I asked my dog if Covid was as bad as they have been saying, because obviously dogs dont have the mind to create a false reality, and he said to me "woof". I didnt like that answer so I did this:

Thanks AB and SD for that exchange. I've only been here about 3 weeks and it took no more than a matter of days to recognise those members. What I find especially disturbing here though, is that when you do get through to them and disprove some of their arguments, they pop-up in another thread again, with exactly the same argument that they now know to be invalid.

Your religious comparison is pretty good. They are like Jehova's that keep ringing your bell at any time of the day, whatever you're doing, regardless of whether you are interested, pushing their message even when it's been shown to be incorrect. And if you don't open the door, they move next-door, where they've been before as well.

Here they interject in just about every thread to hijack the subject and are deliberate poisoning the forum (why is that allowed?), which is why I block them.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dmacarelli said:

And sometimes it is convienient for a government to control people, stop demonstartions by any means possible, even if that includes deliberating allowing infected people to spread it to the poorer provinces so hated by this government and regime. However in this instance in Vietnam if that was the penalty for breaking the law why are people reporting on peoples stupidity in other countries ?

14 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Thanks AB and SD for that exchange. I've only been here about 3 weeks and it took no more than a matter of days to recognise those members. What I find especially disturbing here though, is that when you do get through to them and disprove some of their arguments, they pop-up in another thread again, with exactly the same argument that they now know to be invalid.

Your religious comparison is pretty good. They are like Jehova's that keep ringing your bell at any time of the day, whatever you're doing, regardless of whether you are interested, pushing their message even when it's been shown to be incorrect. And if you don't open the door, they move next-door, where they've been before as well.

Here they interject in just about every thread to hijack the subject and are deliberate poisoning the forum (why is that allowed?), which is why I block them.

Yep - blocking them is the only answer Bob.   Fortunately, TT is a forum that will never enforce moderation that demands Members change their views to suit the Mod's, or even the majority of Members.  So they are free to expose their rubbish here - but as long as they are ignored (like those pesky Jehova's), they will go to another forum where they get responses. 

8 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Yep - blocking them is the only answer Bob.   Fortunately, TT is a forum that will never enforce moderation that demands Members change their views to suit the Mod's, or even the majority of Members.  So they are free to expose their rubbish here - but as long as they are ignored (like those pesky Jehova's), they will go to another forum where they get responses. 

Just to divert slightly in your analogy of Jehovahs occassionally coming to your door, causing you annoyance then at least it is very occasional unlike Buddhists who consider daily ringing temple bells and turning on distorted speaker systems are a good idea or Muslims calling their sheep to prayer 5 times every day. At least you can tell the Jehovahs to F off and slam the door in their face. Now on the issue of wearing masks do Jehovahs approve of mask wearing does any one know ?

2 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I wouldn't ask nor expect them to change their views. But when their posts turn into deliberate disinformation, in my opinion that should be addressed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1