News Forum - Vietnamese man gets 5 years in jail for spreading Covid

Thaiger

13 hours ago, dmacarelli said:

I agree. And I never for a moment said I have a problem with people who believe in God. For many, it is the classic definition of God, that turns them off. If you said God was an intelligent, benevolent force behind creation, it might be easier to handle. 

It is the dogma of organized religion, and the need to push it upon others, that I have an issue with. I have found it is usually the ones who are newly converted, that are the pushiest about it. After awhile, they seem to settle down a bit.

So very true mate.  Dogmatic religion is the problem, not some spiritual entity that may or may not have created or started the Universe and all things within it.  The worst dogmatic religions are the ones that demand total utter compliance and obedience, and will push their followers to kill or convert the followers of any other religion - on the promise of some 'afterlife' reward - Christianity and Islam being the worst. There are many things that a time traveller could choose to destroy before they ever started (like mosquitos, or Hitler), but for me it is only the one thing - dogmatic religions.

On 9/7/2021 at 10:14 PM, Soidog said:

Yes it could be spent better. How much is a 44 Caliber bullet these days? Must be cheaper than 3 meals a day for 5 years. Idiot deserves all he gets

I am told the price of ammunition is way up. Possibly as much as a dollar for that bullet. But, far cheaper than prison. However, there are likely men who are far more deserving than the Zombie man. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AussieBob said:

So very true mate.  Dogmatic religion is the problem, not some spiritual entity that may or may not have created or started the Universe and all things within it.  The worst dogmatic religions are the ones that demand total utter compliance and obedience, and will push their followers to kill or convert the followers of any other religion - on the promise of some 'afterlife' reward - Christianity and Islam being the worst. There are many things that a time traveller could choose to destroy before they ever started (like mosquitos, or Hitler), but for me it is only the one thing - dogmatic religions.

True that. It is one thing when a Christian or another religious person leads a life of such high moral integrity, kindness, generosity, charity, and joy, that his or her qualities become infectious, and others are inspired to emulate them. I have often noticed that within a few years of "finding Jesus" that a percentage of believers prefer to spend their time trying to change others, rather than working on themselves, looking within, spending time in contemplation, meditation and prayer, and becoming the example they need to be, to effect any sort of meaningful change on society or those around them.

When I am approached by someone trying to push their religion on me, I ask: tell me about your own realizations. What kind of wisdom have you been able to glean, from the countless hours you are spending in prayer, talking to God, contemplation and deep meditation? What universal knowledge do you have, that you can share with me? Often they will quote scripture. I tell them a parrot can do that. A damn bird! I am asking for some personal realization. Your own wisdom, please.

It really shuts them up. It never fails to cause them to excuse themselves, and walk away. A truly foolproof technique!

Edited by dmacarelli
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Benroon said:

Really ? That's really odd because shops, bars, cinemas, etc are all opening up, masks are no longer mandatory etc etc so which 'normal' are you referring to ?

Who sold them as 90% effective and how have you come to the conclusion they're not ?

Stop making things up as you go along, you're only fooling yourself.

As for personal attacks, I would have thought you conspiracy theorists would have pretty thick skin, seems I got that one wrong.

Actually conspiracy theorists, those on the extreme right wing, and ultra woke (not all dems, just those on the extreme left) democrats seem to have the thinnest skin of them all. 

Edited by dmacarelli

16 hours ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

They are so bold they straight up come out and tell you what they are going to do...and what TO DO.

Look at this. ECB president pushing vaccines, and on top of that she @'s Klaus Schwab, the guy literally telling you there will be a new normal and you will own nothing and be happy, and people still think this is conspiracy. Not sure what else you need to see to understand that this has ZERO to do with health.

If any blanket statement can be made about Covid, it is that the entire narrative seems to be false and misleading, and there appears to be multiple agendas, that are beyond what meets the eye. 

91680.jpg.webp

On 9/8/2021 at 1:39 PM, Bob20 said:

Quoting them is the only way I can see them, so thanks AB 😔 haha 

They can open threads to their hearts content regarding conspiracy theories. When they reach old age, I'm sure they will think it was time well spent 😉

Perhaps they are more likely to reach old age, given that they have natural immunity and prefer the freedom to go out and exercise and have lower cortisol levels as they do not live in constant fear?

18 hours ago, AdamX said:

Taking the vaccine does not mean that they dont know whats actually going on.

To a man, everyone in my circle that has taken the vaccine, has done so due to pressure or the threat of not being able to travel. They share my point of view of the plandemic, but their lives or financial status does not allow them to refuse the vaccine

Anyone who has the courage of their convictions can refuse it. However those that like to rant a little but secretly want the odds in their favour will probably cave in, just like your friends have done. 

7 hours ago, Benroon said:

Anyone who has the courage of their convictions can refuse it. However those that like to rant a little but secretly want the odds in their favour will probably cave in, just like your friends have done. 

Its encouraging to see that at least in public, you support free choice,.

Thank you my friend