Foreigner attacked from behind on crosswalk by angry motorist - Chiang Mai

shanghailoz

13 hours ago, Faraday said:

Your police must be hi so having a/c.😀

Up here in the frozen north (Isaan) the 5 Oh, just hang around outside, play with their phones a bit, & pish off.

He must be having one on ya - there's no such beast as the a/c police boxes he describes.

1 hour ago, Rain said:

He must be having one on ya - there's no such beast as the a/c police boxes he describes.

Are they blue with a blue light on top maybe?

On 8/24/2021 at 11:17 PM, HolyCowCm said:

You ever meet the owner? You know, that family? 

The name of the company is different on my WP than Rimping....I dealt with one of the corporate guys names P####.   He was very nice and spoke very good English..I assume he hired me once he learned I used to cook for Whole Foods and Rimping being a usual thai copy of that "model"..he had traveled to the states as well.

I worked at Nim City location for 5 months but quit after too many "misunderstandings" mostly being about quality control, pricing, safety temps, ordering product, shelf life, sanitation, and culture clashes. I felt like the token white guy there and was a prop cooking in store using a demo kitchen that I think is still there and was foolishly upgraded. I popped in little ways back to see its all thai food again, unsurprisingly, abandoned....

It became clear they simply wanted my recipes and made it clear if they changed one ingredient it became their recipe, so upon my departure I sabotaged all my recipes, so if they copied them it would taste awful.

It got ugly towards the end I was I was physically threatened by them as i did a volunteer radio show and said I would go on air to call them out. Im hindsight I would not suggest doing that, having grown older and wiser.

The manager clearly did not like me and made it clear, just felt really out of place working there-exploited..

I do like the guy that hired me and appreciate the oppty to work for them as paperwork took over a year..ugh

Met a yank that was the Chef at Dukes, which seems to be the only successful American business in CM...

So now I just come home to cook--no visa needed..visit friend and family then come back to Cm to spend it

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

The name of the company is different on my WP than Rimping....I dealt with one of the corporate guys names P####.   He was very nice and spoke very good English..I assume he hired me once he learned I used to cook for Whole Foods and Rimping being a usual thai copy of that "model"..he had traveled to the states as well.

I worked at Nim City location for 5 months but quit after too many "misunderstandings" mostly being about quality control, pricing, safety temps, ordering product, shelf life, sanitation, and culture clashes. I felt like the token white guy there and was a prop cooking in store using a demo kitchen that I think is still there and was foolishly upgraded. I popped in little ways back to see its all thai food again, unsurprisingly, abandoned....

It became clear they simply wanted my recipes and made it clear if they changed one ingredient it became their recipe, so upon my departure I sabotaged all my recipes, so if they copied them it would taste awful.

It got ugly towards the end I was I was physically threatened by them as i did a volunteer radio show and said I would go on air to call them out. Im hindsight I would not suggest doing that, having grown older and wiser.

The manager clearly did not like me and made it clear, just felt really out of place working there-exploited..

I do like the guy that hired me and appreciate the oppty to work for them as paperwork took over a year..ugh

Met a yank that was the Chef at Dukes, which seems to be the only successful American business in CM...

So now I just come home to cook--no visa needed..visit friend and family then come back to Cm to spend it

Yeah don't figure does it. I was referring to the family, but the big older brother guy (Mr. W) is actually or used to be an MP for up here. Very very wealthy. Years ago I met the buyer for the stores and she was quite nice. Seems during these CV-19 times, most everyone is cutting filling weights or ingredients. Just makes it not worth eating for most of it now.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah don't figure does it. I was referring to the family, but the big older brother guy (Mr. W) is actually or used to be an MP for up here. Very very wealthy. Years ago I met the buyer for the stores and she was quite nice. Seems during these CV-19 times, most everyone is cutting filling weights or ingredients. Just makes it not worth eating for most of it now.

Yep with all the rimping branches and such I wouldn't be surprised by the money within that group of Hisos!

But in my exps a business such as that needs a knowledgeable staff to help customers with product info, as it was the same for me working at WF and the staff now being able to tell people what quinoa was, etc......

As rimping had some nice products but their pricing was crazy and it seems most can be bought online now

On 8/25/2021 at 7:51 AM, Rain said:

Maybe I just imagined them.

On 8/25/2021 at 9:20 AM, shanghailoz said:

Are they blue with a blue light on top maybe?

You appear to be confused or mislead.  Are you a fan of Doctor Who?

Edited by bushav8r

38 minutes ago, bushav8r said:

Here's one at a fairly busy intersection in Bangkok.  It even has imaginary air-conditioning.1072976149_PXL_20210828_0157231632285.thumb.jpg.f3f77d5e182d6f74b043d58038b61379.jpg

Looks like they ran out of blue before quitting time.

7 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

WF and the staff now being able to tell people what quinoa

I think just teaching people how to really say this word correctly is enough. Doesn't read as it is said.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I think just teaching people how to really say this word correctly is enough. Doesn't read as it is said.

Reads exactly how it is said. You just have to guess the right language.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I joke it a member of the Phoenix family---River--Jaoquin--Quinoa! (Keen-waaaah)

Id get Kee-NO--Ahhh  Also one was haricot verts---escargot--coq au vin---

Rich folks at WF asking how to heat up a piece of Balsamic Salmon!??? Really?

Had one staying at $$$ marrriot hotels walk into store and ask me heat and repackage canned soup

One guy bought dry aged steak and microwaved in cafe and ate it....tons and tons of rich thieves too

1 hour ago, bushav8r said:

I wonder if it is bigger on the inside..

My exact thoughts last time I brought a bargirl home :) jk

20 hours ago, bushav8r said:

Here's one at a fairly busy intersection in Bangkok.  It even has imaginary air-conditioning.1072976149_PXL_20210828_0157231632285.thumb.jpg.f3f77d5e182d6f74b043d58038b61379.jpg

Sidenote ive been in those booths--they tend to leave em unlocked!  I do recall a cop came knocking at I had to open the door which has AC, I smiled and said I was making a phone call......nice n cool in there!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Sidenote ive been in those booths--they tend to leave em unlocked!  I do recall a cop came knocking at I had to open the door which has AC, I smiled and said I was making a phone call......nice n cool in there!

Thanks for confirming their existence.  i think they are ubiquitous in Bangkok.  I have spent time in them as well. 

• Cool 1

6 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

My exact thoughts last time I brought a bargirl home :) jk

So when you crawled back out and saw daylight you instantly knew it was

• Haha 1