News Forum - British man arrested for begging to buy drugs in Koh Pha Ngan

Thaiger

Thai police arrested a British man after he allegedly begged for money to buy drugs outside a convenience store in Koh Pha Ngan, an island in the southern province of Surat Thani. Locals on Koh Pha Ngan reported to authorities after seeing a foreign man begging outside a 7-Eleven convenience store and using drugs in … …

The story British man arrested for begging to buy drugs in Koh Pha Ngan as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Thailand need these people to support the cannabis business. These guys have spend all their money to support the local industry. So it is time Thailand must support them back, so that more such men can come over to Thailand to support the tourism and there by the cannabis industry. 🤣

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Thailand need these people to support the cannabis business. These guys have spend all their money to support the local industry. So it is time Thailand must support them back, so that more such men can come over to Thailand to support the tourism and there by the cannabis industry. 🤣

It mentioned Meth not Weed......

I suppose to some all drugs are the same......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Scooter said:

Not really, but too many low life farangs are the same. 

1 hour ago, Scooter said:

Why read the article when you can comment on everything as if you are omniscient and always correct?

The “comments”, not so much the article itself, are interesting.  From meatheads who thinks Thailand (or any country for that matter) should welcome drug users in the hopes of boosting their economy is ridiculous.  The country’s attempt to boost the economy thru legalization of marijuana was a major mistake. Take a look at the US states that legalize MJ. Racked with homelessness, crime, property destruction and depreciation, and mounting local government debt. Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, LA, Philadelphia, New York, just to name a few.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BJoe said:

The “comments”, not so much the article itself, are interesting.  From meatheads who thinks Thailand (or any country for that matter) should welcome drug users in the hopes of boosting their economy is ridiculous.

Hot tip: Sarcasm is not a village in Sicily. 

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, BJoe said:

The “comments”, not so much the article itself, are interesting.  From meatheads who thinks Thailand (or any country for that matter) should welcome drug users in the hopes of boosting their economy is ridiculous.  The country’s attempt to boost the economy thru legalization of marijuana was a major mistake. Take a look at the US states that legalize MJ. Racked with homelessness, crime, property destruction and depreciation, and mounting local government debt. Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, LA, Philadelphia, New York, just to name a few.  

Yup, it must be the legalisation of MJ that caused all those issues.......

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BJoe said:

The country’s attempt to boost the economy thru legalization of marijuana was a major mistake

Couldn't agree more, I have spoken to several former regular visitors to Thailand (quite wealthy couples who spend well in Thailand) who have stated that they were considering going elsewhere in the future due to "the smell of weed everywhere"

7 hours ago, BJoe said:

Those social issues have nothing to  do with the decriminalization of cannabis. In the USA social assistance and access to healthcare is very dependent upon local and state funding. In New York state, upstate New York does not offer the services that wealthier downstate New York does. Many people are sent for care in  hub care centers and the greater New York City area is one of them.  Many US states offer few medical resources or social assistance to the poor, e.g. Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana. People in need move to regions where they can  access such assistance and where people are less harsh to them. California is the largest economy in the USA, it is also the dumping ground for many of the other  US States social problems. Easy to point the finger, but the cause of the problem is the refusal of local counties and states to address their own social problems. This has been going on for the past century. Remember the dustbowl of the dirty thirties? That's when hundreds of thousands of destitute midwesterners moved to California. 

1 hour ago, ChrisS said:

Couldn't agree more, I have spoken to several former regular visitors to Thailand (quite wealthy couples who spend well in Thailand) who have stated that they were considering going elsewhere in the future due to "the smell of weed everywhere"

I frequent Kamala Beach in Phuket 

But I've noticed so many more low clasd European tourists the last 2 years

My friend owns a pub and attributes that to the weed being legal

I smoke weed but would never base my holiday around it

When it was illegal I smoked it occasionally when presented but didn't search it out 

Now that it's legal I buy a little and have a little each day or every other day

3 hours ago, Kangaloo said:

Another English-man in trouble

And do you say the same thing when it's a Russian man (no hyphen), a Kazakh, a Ukrainian, an American, a Thai, an Indon, a Malaysian, a Cambodian, a Laotian, an Australian compatriot, or any other nationality?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I frequent Kamala Beach in Phuket 

I smoke weed but would never base my holiday around it

When it was illegal I smoked it occasionally when presented but didn't search it out 

Now that it's legal I buy a little and have a little each day or every other day

I suggest you watch this educational movie. Don't be like Bill.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, MrStretch said:

And do you say the same thing when it's a Russian man (no hyphen), a Kazakh, a Ukrainian, an American, a Thai, an Indon, a Malaysian, a Cambodian, a Laotian, an Australian compatriot, or any other nationality?

No champ as of lately the English are making headlines for all the wrong reasons!!.

Or haven't you noticed??

33 minutes ago, Kangaloo said:

No champ as of lately the English are making headlines for all the wrong reasons!!.

Or haven't you noticed??

Those Swiss bloke's were taking the pressure of us last month as well.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 12:44 AM, Marc26 said:

I find this statement implausible. A true stoner would not bother himself with the hassle of organising a trip of any sort, let alone overseas. The occasional user would be motivated to make the trip but would not opt for Thailand over other destinations solely because sale of cannabis is legal there. This is particularly so given the restrictions pertaining to its use in Thailand.